DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TreeburnerCT

Reactions
I've been using the SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Tablet Holder ( https://smile.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Up...&qid=1504212057&sr=8-2&keywords=skyreat+mavic ) to hold my 10.1" Asus Zenpad on my Mavic controller, but the plastic ball joint on the mount just can't hold tight enough to keep the tablet from moving around when it's not supported. I like the shape of the mount because I can fold it up and put it in my small tablet bag with the tablet, but would love to find one made of aluminum or at least with a sturdier system for tightening the mount. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe

I love this one: http://a.co/bfuyjWe

It doesn't seem to have the same issues as the version you have, as the joint is not hinged where the ball attaches. It supports a 10-inch iPad mini or a 12-inch iPad Pro without any issue or movement. I also disassemble it easily for transport and it uses literally a 1-inch wide by 5-inch long slot in my hard case.

I've been using the SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Tablet Holder ( https://smile.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Up...&qid=1504212057&sr=8-2&keywords=skyreat+mavic ) to hold my 10.1" Asus Zenpad on my Mavic controller, but the plastic ball joint on the mount just can't hold tight enough to keep the tablet from moving around when it's not supported. I like the shape of the mount because I can fold it up and put it in my small tablet bag with the tablet, but would love to find one made of aluminum or at least with a sturdier system for tightening the mount. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe
Definitely look at the mavmount v2 it is quite sturdy and it is built extremely well and it's not flimsy plastic it's all aluminum and the clip part that mounts the tablet holds it very strong. I'm using an iPad Air 2 on it plus you will want to invest in the lanyard it works extremely well with it, additionally there are two methods you can use with the clip to mount your tablet so that you can either get a full look at the RC while you have it or you can have the RC kind of typically underneath the tablet.

Reactions: Aerial West
I can't tell you how many people have come to MavMount from buying that one and other china made options. Seems like every day someone complains about the plastic ball mount... I've even had about 4 people have them fall and crack their tablets because they come apart.

Our is full 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, with a real, camera grade ball head on it. No worries in that department!

Works with every tablet up to even the 12.9", as well as the crystal sky monitors!

Check out our reviews, many from the people on this forum!
FAQ & Reviews | MavMount

mav2_-11.jpg

Reactions: Oconnb910
I can't tell you how many people have come to MavMount from buying that one and other china made options. Seems like every day someone complains about the plastic ball mount... I've even had about 4 people have them fall and crack their tablets because they come apart.

Our is full 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, with a real, camera grade ball head on it. No worries in that department!

Works with every tablet up to even the 12.9", as well as the crystal sky monitors!

Check out our reviews, many from the people on this forum!
FAQ & Reviews | MavMount

View attachment 20897
That is my current setup and I love it

Thanks, that looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Can it hold the tablet with screen parallel to the RC so I can rest the tablet against my stomach and still glance over the tablet at the RC? Every time I see that mount the tablet is standing upright from the RC making it difficult to see the RC and putting all the weight in your hands.

Also, does it fold flat enough to go in a laptop bag?

Thanks,
Joe

I'm not going to rain on anyone's business. Just for comparison, the other Skyreat version is only $24 on Amazon and is constructed with metal components for the base and arm. Here's the 10-inch iPad mounted in the holder on the RC (with a heavy duty iPad case as well):
SKY1.jpg

Here's what the holder looks like broken down and stored in a hard case (with a plastic filter holder and wipes in between as well):

SKY2.jpg

And to see it separate and compare it size-wise to other Mavic parts, here it is on its own loose on top of the case:

SKY3.jpg

I have never had an issue with it being loose or threatening to tip and break the tablet in any way. In fact, I regularly transport it with RC, holder, and iPad installed (as in the first photo) in the car on the seat next to me or floor and never worry about it. I have no connection to the company. Just an end user.

Thanks, that looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Can it hold the tablet with screen parallel to the RC so I can rest the tablet against my stomach and still glance over the tablet at the RC? Every time I see that mount the tablet is standing upright from the RC making it difficult to see the RC and putting all the weight in your hands.

Also, does it fold flat enough to go in a laptop bag?

Thanks,
Joe
Yes, there are two mounting points on the clamp... bottom and back. You can swing it down like the DJI mount, up like a traditional pro setup, lower using the back mount, etc. The lanyard is higher up on the ballhead (NOT on the plate) so it balances better in your hands as well. Its extremely configurable. You can even make it so you can see the controller if that's your thing, although most pilots grow past that and end up in a pro configuration.

The clamp comes right off with a few turns and lays flat. I have used it all over the world on film shoots.I can put it in my pocket.

Also, fully up gradable. You wont be left out int he cold like everyone who got the 10.5" ipad and found out these dont accommodate them. Ours will do the 10.5",and even there's even a 12.9" ipad clamp. And what happened when crystal sky came out? We made one for that as well. We wont leave you out in the cold... not if i can find a way!

After reading the FAQ it's true, I don't really ever look at the RC anyway, and if it's balanced correctly I guess it would make more sense to use in the "pro" configuration. Ordered the "inc 10.5" version for my Zenpad, can't wait to receive it!

Thanks,
Joe

Reactions: Aerial West
After reading the FAQ it's true, I don't really ever look at the RC anyway, and if it's balanced correctly I guess it would make more sense to use in the "pro" configuration. Ordered the "inc 10.5" version for my Zenpad, can't wait to receive it!

Thanks,
Joe
Awesomew, let me try to get that out right now... tracking # incoming!

Received my Mavmount in black but the wind has been crazy here in CT because of Harvey the last few days so I haven't had a chance to try it in real flying conditions yet. Unfortunately it doesn't fold flat enough to fit in my laptop bag, but maybe I'll 3D print a mount for it to hang on the side of my hard case. Other than that it feels great in the hands, much more stable and well-made than that plastic chinese junk from Amazon. AW was a pleasure to deal with, they confirmed the size I needed for my tablet and it shipped the same day I ordered and arrived well packaged and fit my Zenpad 10.1" tablet perfectly!

Now just waiting on the RC I ordered to have a Cyclone antenna added and I'll have one heck of a receiver setup.

-Joe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darksebius