DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

I sell them for $19.99 here.
Just received my green strobe and MP mount. First, the mailing box and content packaging are are a delight see and open. Second, the MP arm mount is a work of art. This strobe is small, light and bright. Money well spent!

Just one is enough?
One White LED on the back

I just flying during the day.

Unless it's overcast or twilight, the strobe won't do you much good beyond a few hundred feet.

For night flying, you ideally wan't three colors and 4 strobes (one color for the front, one for the back, and one for the sides). This way you can tell the orientation of the AC even at a great distance.

I disagree I was flying on a bright sunny day and my Mavic decided to disconnect from the app about 700ft+ away.... but with these lights I was able to get it to fly back home as I could see what direction it was going. I use the red and green in the front with blue in the rear.

I've ordered a couple of white ones for night flying (they seem to be out of stock until September 20th). I also bought 2 mounts for front and back leg, but I'm planning to attach one on the back (between DJI logo and the stock LED), and one on the top of the head just in front of the battery. I figure this would give the best visibility for others and myself, with no parts of the Mavic blocking the light. Another (and the key reason) is that I don't want a strobe on the front leg to ruin the camera recordings with lens flare. I'll use 3m Dual Lock velcro to attach the LEDs.

My question is if anyone has any experience with mounting these lights or other electronics onto the head or back of the Mavic, or knowledge if this may affect or cover sensors?

How much stronger are these compared to the Flytron standalones the ones that aren't cree. I do have a set if the white cree and couldn't be happier. Just wondering the differance.

Here's a comparison (STROBON Cree is on the right side in each set):

I designed some Strobon mounts for the Mavic Pro, they mount on the front legs, simply slide them onto the leg then slip an O-Ring under it to keep it
from falling off.

The mounts come in three different styles,
one points the Strobon's to the side of the Mavic,
the second points the Strobon's to the rear or front depending on which leg you mount them on,
the last one actually holds two Strobon's on each leg that point to the rear and the front.

Here is the link to Thingiverse, DJI MAvic Pro - Strobon Standalone front leg mounts by jmf

this particular design is for a Mavic with no skins on the legs, I have to still upload the
other design that can be slipped onto a Mavic that may have a skin on the leg.

I designed some Strobon mounts for the Mavic Pro, they mount on the front legs, simply slide them onto the leg then slip an O-Ring under it to keep it
from falling off.

The mounts come in three different styles,
one points the Strobon's to the side of the Mavic,
the second points the Strobon's to the rear or front depending on which leg you mount them on,
the last one actually holds two Strobon's on each leg that point to the rear and the front.

Here is the link to Thingiverse, DJI MAvic Pro - Strobon Standalone front leg mounts by jmf

this particular design is for a Mavic with no skins on the legs, I have to still upload the
other design that can be slipped onto a Mavic that may have a skin on the leg.
Nice design are the lights just pressure fitted in?

I like that you can charge them in the holder are you selling these?

Not selling them, but if you don't have a 3D printer I can make some for you, just send me an email with your info, also do you have a skin on your Mavic legs so I know which size to make them ?

[email protected]

Last edited:
Not selling them, but if you don't have a 3D printer I can make some for you, just send me an email with your info, also do you have a skin on your Mavic legs so I know which size to make them ?

[email protected]
Just sent an email to you, these would be great as landing gear with lights in them. Someone needs to mass produce them it's a two in one solution.

Reactions: cjsecus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661