DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

STROBON Cree® LED Strobe Lights

howdy

i have a question re visibility of the strobes in the leg brackets - i'm mostly interested in visibility from underneath / below - so I can spot the mavic between looking down at my remote and looking back up into the sky.

I looked at the bottom of the mavic and aside from the front (almost facing the gimble) there isn't anywhere to place the strobe underneath.

Are the strobes still highly visible from below when placed on the bracket or are they directional enough that its a bit hard to see?

i fly anywhere from 60 feet to 300 feet if that makes a difference...

Look here:

This is in daylight and he claims 260 meters. Using an online converter that's 853'. Mine are mounted on the front and rear legs with Velcro, and the lights splash all over.

I think you're safe.

Jake

Reactions: flight_tee
Look here:

This is in daylight and he claims 260 meters. Using an online converter that's 853'. Mine are mounted on the front and rear legs with Velcro, and the lights splash all over.

I think you're safe.

Jake
thanks Jake - thats the video I looked for on youtube but coudn't find anywhere!

Any time.

You won't go wrong with these. And I would like to suggest getting them from m_singer - I got mine directly from Flytron before anyone was importing them when I was flying my Q500 way before I bought my Mavic, but he seems to be all over the place helping out fellow flyers, and if I need anything Mavic he'll be my first call.

Jake

Reactions: msinger
howdy

i have a question re visibility of the strobes in the leg brackets - i'm mostly interested in visibility from underneath / below - so I can spot the mavic between looking down at my remote and looking back up into the sky.

I looked at the bottom of the mavic and aside from the front (almost facing the gimble) there isn't anywhere to place the strobe underneath.

Are the strobes still highly visible from below when placed on the bracket or are they directional enough that its a bit hard to see?

You will lose a little bit of light "spill" with the brackets, but believe me when I say it's NOT an issue with Strobons. You need to one see in person to get just how bright these things are. If you are are staying under 1.5 miles distance, the light lost from the clip will not matter.

As far as putting one underneath, there's a nice spot for it on that slanted flat area under the gimbal.

You will lose a little bit of light "spill" with the brackets, but believe me when I say it's NOT an issue with Strobons. You need to one see in person to get just how bright these things are. If you are are staying under 1.5 miles distance, the light lost from the clip will not matter.

As far as putting one underneath, there's a nice spot for it on that slanted flat area under the gimbal.
You know those leg extenders? The rear one looks like a mini sawhorse and has a perfect flat spot to mount these and it has great visibility.

I received my white Strobon yesterday. I taped it to the rear left leg with clear packing tape. My Marco Polo is on the right side below the battery so the thought is to balance the weight.

Took a test flight last night and the Strobon is everything people have been raving about. Took it out probably 3/4 of a mile at 400' and could see it very well even with the Suburbia lights. One light is enough for me and putting it on the rear allows me to know the orientation of the drone without having to look at the phone app.

I have ordered the rear mount from Mike.

The only thing I had to do differently using the Strobon is when launching at night I need to have the front of the MPP facing me so I don't blind myself. No big deal.

Just purchased 2 lights and mounts. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you! I'll ship your order out today.

Is the Strobon Cree light omnidirectional? In other words, if I mount it facing straight down, will the strobe flash be just as visible horizontally as it is from below?
Thanks

if I mount it facing straight down, will the strobe flash be just as visible horizontally as it is from below?
The bulb protrudes from the top of the light, so I don't think you'll be able to tell if it's pointed downward or toward you once your Mavic is up in the air.

Light.jpg

Got mine
d62093e7e6b63e8b8d06852e7c525ca6.jpg

i have a red one on my rear landing gear set up the same way, i use a bracket for the 2 white ones in the front, None actually attached to my drone

Attachments

• Mavic with new props.jpg
    Mavic with new props.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 60
Sorry I haven't read ALL the replies
Can the ARMS be folded with the Cree Mounts attached, with or without the lights mounted

Can the ARMS be folded with the Cree Mounts attached, with or without the lights mounted
The rear arms cannot be folded with mounts attached if the mounts point toward the Mavic body when the arms are folded (like my Mavic mounts).

howdy

I bought a set of red, green, and white, so I could keep track of positioning, they work very well, I put them on front legs, and tail end. Very Nice

Wow - I had my order of brackets and strobes from Mike within 3 days! I learn a lot from reading opinions on this forum and the insight I've received from Mike is very appreciated. I'm sure their are many silent followers of this forum who have benefited from msinger and his help. Thanks Mike - msinger.

@Dronix, you're welcome. Thank you for your business!

Just purchased a white one and a red one. Hopefully won't take too long to get to AU.
Should help me see my Air much further and easier with these.

Thanks a lot msinger. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB