DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary 107 Certificate?

Hello every one. New to the site. Coming from Lower Rockland County NY right near or on the Border of NJ Bergen County.

I've been waiting from..... 5/25 Start date 5/31 with a Temp Cert. and no Airman and today it shows that I have a Cert Number but when I click on the Temp. Cert it shows pending still.. I'm going to assume that cause it's Sunday they haven't updated anything... and I'm also assuming I have a cert number I'm good to go?

Am I thinking of all this the right way.

Hello every one. New to the site. Coming from Lower Rockland County NY right near or on the Border of NJ Bergen County.

I've been waiting from..... 5/25 Start date 5/31 with a Temp Cert. and no Airman and today it shows that I have a Cert Number but when I click on the Temp. Cert it shows pending still.. I'm going to assume that cause it's Sunday they haven't updated anything... and I'm also assuming I have a cert number I'm good to go?

Am I thinking of all this the right way.

You were good to go since you got your temp. There is nothing limiting about a temp cert, unless someone like a company hiring wants your certificate number, but that is probably not going to happen. The temp gives you the same rights as your permanent. Good luck and congrats. I am still waiting on mine. Took my test 5/26. Still don't have a cert number, only a temp.

Passed my test on 7/10
Application Submitted 7/12
Transfered to Registry 7/14

Still waiting for my temp cert to show up.......

Passed my test on 7/10
Application Submitted 7/12
Transfered to Registry 7/14

Still waiting for my temp cert to show up.......

It usually takes at least 5-7 business days. The temp should show up any day now.

I got a cert number not he card yet and online the cert. doesn't have an explanation date and the green temp button still shows

Took my test on Friday the 17th. Filed my completed application this afternoon. So, a temporary within a week or two?

Ha good luck, took mine in August got my card in October. There is a phone number you can call that will give you an automated message telling you which “date” they are currently processing.

Ha good luck, took mine in August got my card in October. There is a phone number you can call that will give you an automated message telling you which “date” they are currently processing.

Do you mean for the permanent card?

yes, the problem is the temporary didn't have a certification number, it was "pending". I couldn't apply for an exemption until they finally issued the certification number

yes, the problem is the temporary didn't have a certification number, it was "pending". I couldn't apply for an exemption until they finally issued the certification number

I have been under the impression you could apply for waivers with the temporary... not true?

I assumed no. The form you fill out for the waiver has a field for you to enter your remote pilot certificate number. They didn't give me one until they issued my certificate. The place on the temporary certificate where it indicates your cert number stated "Pending". So I figured without the cert number I couldn't file for a waiver. When they processed my application and issued my two year certificate then I received a certificate number. But that wasn't until October.

You are supposed to just put "Pending" for the certificate number and it will go through like that.

Seems it is a bit confusing for folks. What I got out of this thread to this point is:

Can possibly have the temporary cert within a week of passing the test; the actual license in hand maybe 2 months.

And I presume with the temp cert you can do commercial work...if no FAA approvals are needed.

Is that relatively close to the experience?

Yes, you should have the temporary certificate within about a week from the day you submit your application. And the actual license card within about 2 months.

You can do non-hobby ("commercial") flights once you receive the temporary certificate.

You can apply for airspace authorizations and waiver with just the temporary certificate. You just put "pending" where it asks for the certificate number.

Reactions: eshorvath
Yeah I passed the Test Dec 14- got my temporary Dec 17 but still no certification number? Does that only come with the permanent card... Sorry if someone already stated this..i'm a noob here lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78