maybe 3 weeks. I have had my pilots license
for about 15 years. I am always skeptical to
do things like this over the net, but the system
worked effortlessly for me.

My license is dated 2/22/18, but I don't remember
exactly when I took the test, and my medical is
current, as well.

John

I've seen other reports of folks with Part 61 certs receiving their Part 107 cert immediately after applying as well. It seems to take longer for the rest of us, presumably because you've already been cleared by the TSA?

LP

LP,

I was wondering how many posters in this
thread are full size pilots, but I thought it
might sound arrogant to ask, so I didn't.

I suppose my creds in my IACRA portal might
have made created a different process for me
and I was curious about the different procedures
listed here.

John

I just found this ...

I already have a pilot certificate issued under part 61. Do I need to obtain a remote pilot certificate to fly a UAS under the Small UAS Rule (Part 107)?
Yes. To act as a remote pilot in command under Part 107, a person must have a remote pilot certificate. However, part 61 pilot certificate holders who have completed a flight review within the past 24 months may elect to take an online training course focusing on UAS-specific areas of knowledge instead of the aeronautical knowledge test. The online training for current pilot certificate holders is available at www.faasafety.gov. All other members of the public must take and pass the initial aeronautical knowledge test to obtain a remote pilot certificate.

Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions

LP,

I was wondering how many posters in this
thread are full size pilots, but I thought it
might sound arrogant to ask, so I didn't.

I suppose my creds in my IACRA portal might
have made created a different process for me
and I was curious about the different procedures
listed here.

John
Private Pilot....1978....107 cert May 2017...I have a strong feeling that there are a lot of private pilots here in this forum

Roger that!

I received my ticket Jan, 03. I have been
flying fixed wing RC for about 30 years.
I have been a photographer for about 25
years, so the sUAS work is a culmination
of all of that.

I am really looking forward to doing
more 107 work.

John

Roger that!

I received my ticket Jan, 03. I have been
flying fixed wing RC for about 30 years.
I have been a photographer for about 25
years, so the sUAS work is a culmination
of all of that.

I am really looking forward to doing
more 107 work.

John
Be advised that when you fly your drone for hire(commercial work) you are required to maintain a maintenance record and perform scheduled maintenance just like any other COMMERCIAL aircraft...just a heads up...lot of people think that all they need is 107 cert to fly for $$$, but there's more to it than just getting 107 cert...fly safe be safe

CF,
Excellent point.

I was thinking that I need to only log my
actual commercial flights, but we log all
of our flights in our full size, so I will begin
listing everything.

Thanks!

So for me I took the test
sat 7/21
Test uploaded to site
Monday 7/23
Temp cert
Wednesday 7/25
Permanent issues
Monday 8/20
I'll update when I actually get my card in what they claim will be 7-10 days from today (8/20)

Reactions: Classic flyer
sat 7/21
Test uploaded to site
Monday 7/23
Temp cert
Wednesday 7/25
Permanent issues
Monday 8/20
I'll update when I actually get my card in what they claim will be 7-10 days from today (8/20)

sat 7/21
Test uploaded to site
Monday 7/23
Temp cert
Wednesday 7/25
Permanent issues
Monday 8/20
Congratulations and good luck... be safe, fly smart

sat 7/21
Test uploaded to site
Monday 7/23
Temp cert
Wednesday 7/25
Permanent issues
Monday 8/20
8/30 my permanent arrived in the mail so all in all the process is a little over a month for me

Reactions: Classic flyer
Brief update and some additional info I didn’t see in this thread. I’ve been a licensed pilot for 15 years, and I took my knowledge test on Wed (11/28) of this week. I didn’t have a current BFR, which would have cost me probably double the testing fee for the plane and dual. I associated my test today and as expected, my Temp Cert was immediately available.

However, I ended up calling the Help Desk because it wouldn’t find the test in IARCA as of this afternoon - beyond the 48-hour timeframe. The woman I spoke with said she could see my exam ID and asked me what platform I was using to access IARCA. For me, I was using a Mac with Google Chrome. Apparently IARCA doesn’t support Mac regardless of the browser used. I logged in via a Windows machine and I could immediately search for and associate my exam. So for anyone out there who is using Mac, be advised that you may need a Windows PC to be able to search for and find your exam.

Happy and safe flying!

Brief update and some additional info I didn’t see in this thread. I’ve been a licensed pilot for 15 years, and I took my knowledge test on Wed (11/28) of this week. I didn’t have a current BFR, which would have cost me probably double the testing fee for the plane and dual. I associated my test today and as expected, my Temp Cert was immediately available.

However, I ended up calling the Help Desk because it wouldn’t find the test in IARCA as of this afternoon - beyond the 48-hour timeframe. The woman I spoke with said she could see my exam ID and asked me what platform I was using to access IARCA. For me, I was using a Mac with Google Chrome. Apparently IARCA doesn’t support Mac regardless of the browser used. I logged in via a Windows machine and I could immediately search for and associate my exam. So for anyone out there who is using Mac, be advised that you may need a Windows PC to be able to search for and find your exam.

Happy and safe flying!
I did it all from a macbook

Reactions: dawgpilot
I did it all from a macbook
Interesting as I was using a MacBook Pro and had this issue. I also found it was interesting that they would declare that IACRA doesn’t support Mac OS but this is the government we’re talking about.

Interesting as I was using a MacBook Pro and had this issue. I also found it was interesting that they would declare that IACRA doesn’t support Mac OS but this is the government we’re talking about.
I had to change my browser preferences for the site to work right with the pop ups

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS