DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary 107 Certificate?

Yeah I passed the Test Dec 14- got my temporary Dec 17 but still no certification number? Does that only come with the permanent card... Sorry if someone already stated this..i'm a noob here lol

Yes, temp has "pending." some months later, when you have permanent, there will be a number.

yes - it was about 6-7 weeks later or about 90-95 days from first start of process..

So your legal (Assuming you follows rules) - you just can't easily prove it

yes - it was about 6-7 weeks later or about 90-95 days from first start of process..

So your legal (Assuming you follows rules) - you just can't easily prove it

You can prove it, keep a copy of the temporary Certificate. :)

So i'm a bit puzzled. just got my temp cert. I thought there was another $150 to get a license. Is this the case, or do I just wait for the official license from FAA?

Maybe something at IACRA has changed regarding a temporary certificate:

I took and passed the Part 107 two days ago, and was today able to associate the Exam ID with my application.

Although I've not received anything by email as yet, my application, when viewed, shows:

(Page 1)
"Remote Pilot Certificate and/or Rating Application" at the top.

In the lower-left attachments are shown, which include [X] Temporary Certificate

In the Submitting Official's Report, it says "[X] Temporary Certificate issued."

(Page 2)
"Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application" at the top, with Certificate Number as PENDING and a Date Issued of today.

I *think* I have a "real" temporary certificate.

Or??

Last edited:
Maybe something at IACRA has changed regarding a temporary certificate:

I took and passed the Part 107 two days ago, and was today able to associate the Exam ID with my application.

Although I've not received anything by email as yet, my application, when viewed, shows:

(Page 1)
"Remote Pilot Certificate and/or Rating Application" at the top.

In the lower-left attachments are shown, which include [X] Temporary Certificate

In the Submitting Official's Report, it says "[X] Temporary Certificate issued."

(Page 2)
"Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application" at the top, with Certificate Number as PENDING and a Date Issued of today.

I *think* I have a "real" temporary certificate.

Or??

Yes, that is your temporary Certificate.

Reactions: HRS
Thanks. It seems like the process has got a lot more streamlined and quick than reports from a year ago indicated.

Also, it looks like getting the temporary certificate from the IACRA console is a very recent change (see the bolded text):

What's New in IACRA
New!February 28, 2018
IACRA Version 8.15.1

This release contains the following changes:

Registration / Application
  • Applicants and School Administrators may now edit applications that have the status of “Partially Complete- Ready for Next Action.”
  • A minor change was made to the Drug question to adjust for leap years.
  • Obsolete Training Centers for Flight Safety Intl were removed from selection list.
  • The compact temporary certificate for Remote and Student applications will now be available on the applicant’s console.

Last edited:
Thanks. It seems like the process has got a lot more streamlined and quick than reports from a year ago indicated.

Not really, it only takes a couple days to get the Temporary Certificate. If you get your permanent in less than 2 months, if be surprised.

The temporary certificate clearly states at the top "Temporary Airman Certificate". What HRS is seeing is still the completed application for the certificate. It takes about a week for the temporary certificate to display, at which time you'll have a green button appear to see it. Click the green button to get to the temporary certificate. Click the "Go" button to see the application.

upload_2018-3-12_8-11-6.png

I tested on April (Friday) 13th. Temporary Certificate status date 4/17. Found it 4/21 on IACRA - Applicant Console on the green button under Certificate Type. No email notification as of 4/23.

You speak the truth...

5-7 days after the Temporary Certificate showed up on the Console, the email notification just came in to tell me it was available. I guess the short of it is, if you are anxious for your authorization, keep checking the console daily after uploading the test with the application. It will save some waiting.

Reactions: Classic flyer
You speak the truth...

5-7 days after the Temporary Certificate showed up on the Console, the email notification just came in to tell me it was available. I guess the short of it is, if you are anxious for your authorization, keep checking the console daily after uploading the test with the application. It will save some waiting.
Congratulations sir...now go out and master your flying skills and become the professional you are licensed to be... remember "SAFETY" is paramount !

Reactions: pvs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13