DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mikey201

Reactions
been wanting to get a boosted antenna
what are the differences between the cyclone and whips and $20 price difference of the atlas
which one should i get
i fly alot in urban areas and do fly at beaches and over water from time to time

any help

Reactions: Gray_seagull
I have the atlas and if I remember correctly that the atlas is made for urban and areas with lots of trees. I also fly at the beach all the time and love the atlas because I just sit in the chair and don't worry about pointing the anttenas at the mavic.

Last edited:
Do you have link to the atlas ant? Thanks

thanks

does look like it works good!

works better than it looks :) , its so pretty I am afraid to get fingerprints on it LOL.
Good guy great product.
I may get the 5.8 panel only later but I think the 2.4 will be fine.

As a RF engineer I prefer the Atlas because I can measure the power output gain of the Titan amplifiers. Of course not many have a way to measure output power however I purchased an Imersion RC RF Meter back when I was modifying my Phantom Vision2+ & Phantom Standard.

How much gain do the Titan amps provide, and is it equal gain on both sides (both antennas)?

How much gain do the Titan amps provide, and is it equal gain on both sides (both antennas)?
Right now I’m trying find out if BOTH antenna ports actually output RF power. Initial testing shows 50mw out of the left antenna port but nothing out of the right port. Hope the right port RF connector inside the controller didn’t come lose during installation. All testing is done with AC connected and props removed.

I discovered the Right antenna is for receive only. The Left antenna is transmit only.
I’ll post how much gain the Maxx UAV Titan Atlas has soon.

There seems to be an issue. Im presently working with Jake @ MAXXUAV. I’ll keep you all posted.

Thank you for the update. I'm interested in the outcome because I'm wanting to build a boosted antenna that I will mount on a mast and raise it to 50-60 feet. I'm just concerned at how much strength I'll lose as the signal travels through the wire to the antenna and if will even be worth all the effort.

The issue with my Atlas has been turned over to Titan Drones by Jake at MaxxUAV where it was purchased. Transmitter output is 80mW and it’s suppose to be 3 Watts. Im glad I had a power meter to test it with. I don’t suggest anyone experiment with Tx power upgrade projects without a power meter like the Immersion RC power meter.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
The issue with my Atlas has been turned over to Titan Drones by Jake at MaxxUAV where it was purchased. Transmitter output is 80mW and it’s suppose to be 3 Watts. Im glad I had a power meter to test it with. I don’t suggest anyone experiment with Tx power upgrade projects without a power meter like the Immersion RC power meter.

What was the outcome of this?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe153