DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

TSA and Mavic Pro Batteries M

A1CMavic

Reactions
Taking a vacation here shortly, I have four batteries for my Mavic. As of right now they are secured individually in foam cutouts in my pelican case that houses all my accessories. Do you recommend taking the batteries out and bringing them with me as a carry on, or stowing them with my checked luggage?

From the FAA page on batteries
Spare lithium metal and lithium ion/polymer batteries are prohibited in checked baggage—this includes external battery packs. Electronic cigarettes and vaporizers are also prohibited in checked baggage. “Checked baggage” includes bags checked at the gate or planeside.

Batteries allowed in carry-on baggage include: Lithium ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium). Passengers may carry all consumer-sized lithium ion batteries (up to 100 watt hours per battery).

Rarely are the TSA folks very knowledgeable, however, I travel with my Mavic Air all the time. Not only did they require the batteries be carry on, but in one case asked me to have the terminals covered with the dust covers and have them discharged to storage level.
I was allowed to carry on as they were, but, asked me to comply with the aforementioned conditions in the future!
Can’t beat “belts and suspenders” for getting you through the lines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky