DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Windy! Fly or not to fly? Mavic & Phantom 4 Pro's Cinematic Footage

Manny T

Reactions
So we were on the way back home and we came across a nice fishing village east of Scotland near Edinburgh, wave were strong, wind was gusty and at times hitting 25-30mph. But, I had to give the Mavic a wind test. It came out very well. Also had a Phantom 4 Pro as well, the phantom 4 pro slow motion footage, safe to say I was really impressed with the P4P.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: motard
Were you flying in sport mode? I hope you werent flying in Tripod mode. It would have been up up and away.

I would not recommend flying in winds in excess of 15 mph, especially gusty winds. When you come in to land, it's too easy to have a tip over and breaks props and maybe more.

Were you flying in sport mode? I hope you werent flying in Tripod mode. It would have been up up and away.

I would not recommend flying in winds in excess of 15 mph, especially gusty winds. When you come in to land, it's too easy to have a tip over and breaks props and maybe more.

no it was on atti mode, i wouldnt fly on tripod mode in those condition, it will be too risky. surprisingly though, it could handle strong wind, which really surprised me, cause i was quite worried then that it will be blown away.
yea I know what you mean, which is why i always stayed on top of sea, except for when taking off and landing where I am.

Just completed editing this video. Majestic castle ruin at the east of Scotland - featuring mavic and p4p

Do please enjoy this mini cinematic footage shot from above.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney