DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Windy! Fly or not to fly? Mavic & Phantom 4 Pro's Cinematic Footage

Manny T

Reactions
So we were on the way back home and we came across a nice fishing village east of Scotland near Edinburgh, wave were strong, wind was gusty and at times hitting 25-30mph. But, I had to give the Mavic a wind test. It came out very well. Also had a Phantom 4 Pro as well, the phantom 4 pro slow motion footage, safe to say I was really impressed with the P4P.

Reactions: motard
Were you flying in sport mode? I hope you werent flying in Tripod mode. It would have been up up and away.

I would not recommend flying in winds in excess of 15 mph, especially gusty winds. When you come in to land, it's too easy to have a tip over and breaks props and maybe more.

Were you flying in sport mode? I hope you werent flying in Tripod mode. It would have been up up and away.

I would not recommend flying in winds in excess of 15 mph, especially gusty winds. When you come in to land, it's too easy to have a tip over and breaks props and maybe more.

no it was on atti mode, i wouldnt fly on tripod mode in those condition, it will be too risky. surprisingly though, it could handle strong wind, which really surprised me, cause i was quite worried then that it will be blown away.
yea I know what you mean, which is why i always stayed on top of sea, except for when taking off and landing where I am.

Just completed editing this video. Majestic castle ruin at the east of Scotland - featuring mavic and p4p

Do please enjoy this mini cinematic footage shot from above.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO