DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

Thanks namirda, I tried re-setting as you suggested (hold down control and start the program) and I am getting the same thing as before.
I am starting it from the executable....VLM 2.1.0 x64.exe file.
Is that not the correct way to open it?

Thanks namirda, I tried re-setting as you suggested (hold down control and start the program) and I am getting the same thing as before.
I am starting it from the executable....VLM 2.1.0 x64.exe file.
Is that not the correct way to open it?

Yes it is. If you press ctrl while you start the program, you should see a small dialogue window asking if you would like to reset VLM to initial conditions. If that doesn't do the trick then I have no ideas for the moment!!

You said that VLM "was working great" - does that mean that you were using it without any issues for some time and then that black bar suddenly started to appear along the top of the Litchi panel?? What happened to cause that change? Any crashes - or perhaps system updates - anything like that?

It seems to be the case that VLM runs smoothly for most people but there are few for whom it is misbehaving. It's hard to fix problems when it runs without issues on my machines!

What sort of hardware/software you are trying to run it on? Is it a standard WIN10 PC or something else?

N

Mine is centering perfect but just noticed the options in the top right corner is almost invisible. (Did not see them until I saw the pic above)
Win 7

upload_2018-5-28_6-26-21.png

namirda,

Yes, VLM was working great on both my Dell Desktop and laptop, both fairly new, and now it is not working on either, ...it appears to be the same exact problem.
Desktop
Dell XPS 8920
Memory 64GB
Processor Intel Core [email protected]
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Laptop
Dell XPS 9360
Memory 16GB
Processor Intel Core [email protected]
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

There are updates that happen infrequently with Dell machines .....what I'd cal routine updates, drivers, etc you get from Dell (Dell Assist).
I can't tell you whether they stopped working after an update or not....
But perhaps as both are Dell....the issue is related to Dell.....but I have no other issues at all with either machine.....very strange....

ok...problem solved!!!! got it corrected !!!!!
This was from a gentleman on the Litchi FB forum....here's what he suggested and I did...and it corrected.

Right click on the .exe, compatibility tab > change high DPI settings > tick override.
On my laptop....i did the same thing, and the black bar was corrected, but when i entered a waypoint, a fair amount of the Waypoint detail screen was too large...and was off the laptop screen.
I changed the display setting a bit....and

zipzap...all done!!!

ok...problem solved!!!! got it corrected !!!!!
This was from a gentleman on the Litchi FB forum....here's what he suggested and I did...and it corrected.

Right click on the .exe, compatibility tab > change high DPI settings > tick override.
On my laptop....i did the same thing, and the black bar was corrected, but when i entered a waypoint, a fair amount of the Waypoint detail screen was too large...and was off the laptop screen.
I changed the display setting a bit....and

zipzap...all done!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I was still puzzling over what was wrong with VLM!

Can I ask what sort of screen you are using? Is it some ultra hi-res device?

Why do you think this suddenly started to go wrong when it had been working well previously?

N

Last edited:
Reactions: rp68
Hi

I can't export my Litchi mission (.csv) in GoogleEarth … Export .KML it's ok. What do you think ?

Bertrand (France)

Hi

I can't export my Litchi mission (.csv) in GoogleEarth … Export .KML it's ok. What do you think ?

Bertrand (France)
Hi Bertrand,

You will need to give more information before I can help you.

What exactly is the problem?
What error messages do you get from VLM?

N

I did a quick tutorial for those struggling. VLM is my go-to now for planning my hyperlapses, thanks @namirda

I did a quick tutorial for those struggling. VLM is my go-to now for planning my hyperlapses, thanks @namirda

Hi AP,

Great tutorial - thanks.

The Google Imagery is so good in that area and the Virtual Mission so precise that you hardly need to actually fly the mission!

Can I ask why you prepare the mission in the Litchi Hub rather than directly in VLM?

N

Hi AP,

Great tutorial - thanks.

The Google Imagery is so good in that area and the Virtual Mission so precise that you hardly need to actually fly the mission!

Can I ask why you prepare the mission in the Litchi Hub rather than directly in VLM?

N
No reason, old habbit I guess, I've been so used to doing everything on Litchi's site I just haven't given it up :)

2018-05-29.png
Thanks for the feedback! I was still puzzling over what was wrong with VLM!

Can I ask what sort of screen you are using? Is it some ultra hi-res device?

Why do you think this suddenly started to go wrong when it had been working well previously?

N
I'm using a Dell 4k screen...see photo for some specific info and settings.
I really don't know why this quit working properly....there was likely some driver updates....but nothing out of the ordinary....the really strange thing is my Dell laptop did EXACTLY the same thing.
I have seen no other issues on either pc...so still a weird issue.
I learned a bit researching this issue, but was getting really frustrated, as I LOVE VLM!

Hi Bertrand,

You will need to give more information before I can help you.

What exactly is the problem?
What error messages do you get from VLM?

N

When i installed VLM it's good.

Now i have this message, and VLM closed automatically...

Best regards

Litchi.jpg

I fly almost exclusively Litchi missions and your VLM tool since its inception has become a key and required component of that planning workflow. I thank you profusely for that. It makes the whole experience more satisfying and certainly each outing executed with more success and confidence.

The only nice-to-have feature I sometimes wish I had was the ability to fly my Virtual Mission in Google Earth but have the option to "drop the curtain"! There are some mission situations where you are staring often right into the elevation depicting curtain due to the location of a selected POI. Even though it is fairly transparent it can be distracting in trying to verify and visualize your views.

Obviously, this is not a big thing but figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Thanks for all of your participation and continued help.

I fly almost exclusively Litchi missions and your VLM tool since its inception has become a key and required component of that planning workflow. I thank you profusely for that. It makes the whole experience more satisfying and certainly each outing executed with more success and confidence.

The only nice-to-have feature I sometimes wish I had was the ability to fly my Virtual Mission in Google Earth but have the option to "drop the curtain"! There are some mission situations where you are staring often right into the elevation depicting curtain due to the location of a selected POI. Even though it is fairly transparent it can be distracting in trying to verify and visualize your views.

Obviously, this is not a big thing but figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Thanks for all of your participation and continued help.
Hi,

You can already change the transparency of the curtain in the VLM Setup. In "Change Mission Settings" , select the Google Earth tab and then set the curtain opacity to zero. You can also change the colours of the curtain if you don't like my default choice!

I'm glad you are finding VLM useful.

N

Thanks for an excellent tool.

Would you care to open source it?

Then it could be moved to other OS'es like OSX and Linux, or even a web version of it.
That would be so cool, i personally use a MacBook and it is a little irritating i need to spin up VMWare.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661