DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

I thought it did when I read: "Virtual Mission" includes the heading and gimbal settings from Litchi and so the result is very similar to the real mission which you will eventually get when you fly your drone.

Thanks for setting this straight and the help. Often I don't want any curves,I want to stop, rotate directly at the next waypoint and go (like inspection of a square roof outer edge.) I'm afraid if I set the waypoints all manual they might not point exactly at the next waypoint and the drone would "yaw" to the next location. I think I might have found a way around this as I had mentioned.

"If you select TNW then the heading at each waypoint will be exactly towards the next waypoint which is probably not what you want for a curved mission."

I think it does the same thing at a "straight line " mission as well...

I am a little confused.. You wrote "VLM does not support camera actions at all." but then wrote:
"For each waypoint I choose a POI and initially set the gimbal to "Focus POI". If the VLM mission shows that the gimbal angles need some adjustment then change the gimbal mode at the offending waypoint to "Interpolate" and make the adjustment as required."

How can the VLM show gimble angles if VLM doesn't support camera actions? That was my original question #1 as my VLM gimble didn't duplicate the mission angles I had programed.

Maybe I was not clear what I meant by "actions".

If you select any waypoint in the Litchi Mission Hub, the "Settings Menu" for that waypoint will appear. At the bottom of the "Settings Menu" you will see a section called "Actions" where you can select one or more actions to be taken at that waypoint.

These "Actions" are not supported by VLM and are only supported by Litchi for "Straight Line" missions.

I hope that clears things up...

N

Last edited:
Maybe I was not clear what I meant by "actions".

If you select any waypoint in the Litchi Mission Hub, the "Settings Menu" for that waypoint will appear. At the bottom of the "Settings Menu" you will see a section called "Actions" where you can select one or more actions to be taken at that waypoint.

These "Actions" are not supported by VLM and are only supported by Litchi for "Straight Line" missions.

I hope that clears things up...

N
I see what you mean by setting POI. That makes the camera view properly. I'm guessing that without setting POI's you cannot "see" what the camera is doing?

Example: I want to fly around the outer edge of a building and check the gutters. The POI is under where the aircraft is at the time, not just particular POI's. I want the camera facing -90° never move and aircraft follow along the outer edge of the building without changing the camera angle. I would like the VLM to reflect this.

This thread is getting quite long now and it is becoming a pain for new users to read through the whole thing to find the answer to simple questions. I have therefore updated post number 1 to include a list of FAQ - hope it helps.

If you can think of additional points to add to the FAQ then please shout.

Thanks

N

I just logged in at MaviPilots to say THANKS FOR THE GREAT WORK and the big support you have offered with VLM. Continue with your "hobby" improving it as you have done !!!
One again thanks

RRuiz

Reactions: namirda
I'm having a similar issue. Just installed 2.3.0 for the first time and getting this error when I start up VLM on Windows 10:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'

There were two versions of V2.0.0 - the first was compiled for what Microsoft call "anycpu" (yeh right!) but this caused issues which I was not able to address because I do not access to a 32 bit machine. Since there are hardly any 32bit machines around these days I decided to simplify things and so made a 64bit only version. This seemed to keep most people happy - I guess that's the one that works for you now?

Version 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 were compiled in the same way as 2.0.0 - but I used updated versions of the CEF routines which are used for the Chrome browser. That's the only difference that I can think of. I have checked the CEF forums and nobody is reporting errors like this.

There are now more than 500 regular VLM users out there (I can tell this from the Google Elevation API stats) and as far as I know, most have no problems. This kind of startup problem has been reported before by other folks but is usually due to corrupted cache files which can be cleared using CTRL on program start.

Your case seems different. Is there anything very unusual about your hardware - graphics card for example?

Did you check the VC++ versions? I think you should uninstall all versions of VC++ 2013, 2015 and 2017 and try the installation again.

REQUEST - If anybody else has had similar issues but has managed to solve them then please contribute!

Thanks

N

I'm having a similar issue. Just installed 2.3.0 for the first time and getting this error when I start up VLM on Windows 10:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'
Hi,

This probably means that one or more dependencies are missing. Did the installation go smoothly without errors?

Please check that the following are present on your system :

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24015.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6

N

Hi,

This probably means that one or more dependencies are missing. Did the installation go smoothly without errors?

N

Yes, it installed without error and Visual C++ is installed. Windows 10 doc indicates it comes with .Net installed but it is not listed in the installed programs list. Tried installing Framework 4.6 but got a message that a version is already installed.

I do recognize that this is not your issue and thanks for trying to help. I’m going to put it aside for now.

Running into a plethora of issues Win10. Using Windows10 via Parallels. Tried running in compatibility mode (all Windows versions) and still no luck. Getting the .Net framework error even though the latest .net is installed. Tried installing and registering cefsharp.core.dll manually and still no luck. Any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 43165 View attachment 43166 View attachment 43167 View attachment 43168

Were you able to get this problem resolved? I'm having the same problem on a Windows 10 machine as well.

Were you able to get this problem resolved? I'm having the same problem on a Windows 10 machine as well.
Hi,

As I mentioned previously, one or more of the dependencies of CefSharp.Core.dll are missing from your system for some reason.

If you want to dig into the problem then try using the utility "Dependencies" which is great for this sort of issue.

lucasg/Dependencies

Using "Dependencies", open the file cefsharp.core.dll which should be in the folder c:/program files/namirda/virtual litchi mission v2.3.0 and with a bit of poking about you should be able to determine exactly what is missing.

I'd be interested to hear what you find.

Thanks

N

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply and here is what is discovered from running the Dependencies app. (See image attachment below) I'm not sure what those modules are. I'll try and research those.

Thanks for helping to shed more light on the problem.

Dependicies.PNG
Hi,

N

Thanks for the reply and here is what is discovered from running the Dependencies app. (See image attachment below) I'm not sure what those modules are. I'll try and research those.

Thanks for helping to shed more light on the problem.

View attachment 45607
Hi,

It looks as if you are missing MSCVP120.dll and MSCVR120.dll which are part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.

Both files should be present in C:\windows\system32 but I guess they have gone walkabout on your machine.

Try re-installing the MSVC++ runtime which you can download from Microsoft here...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Then try Dependencies again to make sure you have everything you need.

N

Last edited:
Hi,

It looks as if you are missing MSCVP120.dll and MSCVR120.dll which are part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library.

Both files should be present in C:\windows\system32 but I guess they have gone walkabout on your machine.

Try re-installing the MSVC++ runtime which you can download from Microsoft here...

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Then try Dependencies again to make sure you have everything you need.

N
SUCCESS!!!

That was the problem. I'm not sure what happened to them but the app started up just fine.

Thanks so much for your help. It was very much appreciated.

Now onto some virtual flight planning.

Joe

Reactions: namirda
I installed and launched the program, loaded in one of my missions and what I get is the standard litchi mission hub. I was hoping I could run the mission virtually but it appears it's just mission hub.

I installed and launched the program, loaded in one of my missions and what I get is the standard litchi mission hub. I was hoping I could run the mission virtually but it appears it's just mission hub.
Then you are doing something wrong!

What does the Activity Log say?

N

Yes I was doing something wrong :) - I was trying to open the flight in the litchi screen instead of exporting to a csv. That got things working just fine.

Hard to express how much I love VIrtual Litchi Mission. Recently installed 2.3 and just now experienced something strange. When opening a saved mission, or when making bulk changes to selected waypoints, all of my waypoint headings change to 0 degrees (Only the aircraft at the waypoint appear to be zero....the actual heading doesn't seem to change). If I run the mission in Google Earth, they headings are correct. When I open the mission on my Nvidia Shield, the headings are not only correct, but the waypoint aircraft point in the appropriate direction equal to the actual heading.

I uninstalled 2.3 and reinstalled 2.2 which now exhibits that same behaviour.

It's a bit unnerving to open a mission on my Win 10 PC before heading out to the field and seeing all the headings pointing to zero. Makes you wonder what will happen when you get there and fly it.

Probably something I am doing wrong. Would appreciate any suggestions you can toss my way.

Many thanks for a great application!!!

Hard to express how much I love VIrtual Litchi Mission. Recently installed 2.3 and just now experienced something strange. When opening a saved mission, or when making bulk changes to selected waypoints, all of my waypoint headings change to 0 degrees (Only the aircraft at the waypoint appear to be zero....the actual heading doesn't seem to change). If I run the mission in Google Earth, they headings are correct. When I open the mission on my Nvidia Shield, the headings are not only correct, but the waypoint aircraft point in the appropriate direction equal to the actual heading.

I uninstalled 2.3 and reinstalled 2.2 which now exhibits that same behaviour.

It's a bit unnerving to open a mission on my Win 10 PC before heading out to the field and seeing all the headings pointing to zero. Makes you wonder what will happen when you get there and fly it.

Probably something I am doing wrong. Would appreciate any suggestions you can toss my way.

Many thanks for a great application!!!

I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all - I have the same problem!

I'm pretty sure this is not a VLM issue - I think Litchi have been making some changes to the Mission Hub and have introduced a bug.

I will get onto them.

Glad you are making good use of VLM

N

I recall this happened before and it was reported to Litchi by others including me and then it definitely was fixed. But I do think they made some recent changes and that "bug" creeped back in again, or so it appears. More emails to Litchi I guess. ([email protected])

I recall this happened before and it was reported to Litchi by others including me and then it definitely was fixed. But I do think they made some recent changes and that "bug" creeped back in again, or so it appears. More emails to Litchi I guess. ([email protected])

Litchi have had a bug in their 3D KML Path for ages which they finally fixed in their update dated 20th September. The 3D KML Path now matches the VLM Smooth Flight Path exactly.

However in fixing one bug it seems they have introduced another - fortunately it looks to be only a display issue.

N

I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all - I have the same problem!

I'm pretty sure this is not a VLM issue - I think Litchi have been making some changes to the Mission Hub and have introduced a bug.

I will get onto them.

Glad you are making good use of VLM

N
After engaging my brain and noticing that Litchi just did an update to Mission Hub, I think that's where the problem most likely resides. Especially since it happened on two versions of VLM, both of which worked fine before today. I messagedLitchi and sent them a screen grab of a mission where all the waypoint aircraft were pointing north when the mission loaded.

Oh, yes, making much use. Road trip next May and already have 31 missions planned!! Thank you!!!

Reactions: marklyn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots