DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Litchi Mission

VLM V2.7.3 is now available for download - the link is in the first post of this long thread.

It is only a bugfix release - no new features and so unless you were having some issues with V2.7.2 there is no need to upgrade.

Fixes are:

1) Fixed error in grid definition - ( See post 1052 from @borodaagvali )
2) Fixed bug where "Focus POI" was used but no POI specified.
3) Max grid overlap increased to 80% as requested.

N
Wow how did this tool elude me for the past 8 months of me flying?? This is a great tool and seems to work much more easy than my current setup of FlightPlanner addon in QGIS. Is there ever a plan to increase the waypoints beyond 250? I frequently fly 400+ positions of interest. I understand there's an api to query elevations but I'm wondering if there's potential to increase the waypoints if a user uses their own api key.

Thanks for making such a great tool!

VLM V2.7.3 is now available for download - the link is in the first post of this long thread.

It is only a bugfix release - no new features and so unless you were having some issues with V2.7.2 there is no need to upgrade.

Fixes are:

N
I was planning to upgrade VLM but ....
Windows defender detects a virus (win32/Persistence.A!ml), can you check and re-upload ?

I was planning to upgrade VLM but ....
Windows defender detects a virus (win32/Persistence.A!ml), can you check and re-upload ?

I have just checked the zip file and the installer with Comodo Antivirus and nothing found. Uploaded the zip file to virustotal.com which also found nothing.

Not sure what else I can say really - I don't believe there is a virus here.

N

Reactions: IT2CLOUD Daniel
I think it was a false positive of windows defender. When i tried again a few minutes ago Windows defender did not detect anything anymore. Thank you for checking anyway!. And ofcourse thank you for VLM and the update.

Fixes are:

N
Many thanks to the developer!

Hi! This application is GREAT thanks to the author @namirda !

I have question about AGL. Which cases are better to enable it and when not to use it?

And also some suggestions to improve VLM v2.7.3

- Possibility of changing the speed between the waypoints.
For example if I set the "Stay For" 1s in the WP before taking the photo, there's no need for the drone to navigate in slow speed, it can sprint between WPs... This way the mission will run faster...

- Possibility to set "Stay For" in mS, so I can set 500 mS for example. VLM doesn't accept 0.5 for example.

Thanks!

I just received this error when trying to use VLM:

Capture.PNG

I am currently running VLM version 2.5.0 which is my preferred version as the latest version has a file handling bug when importing csv files (see post 1029). Is there any way to re-enable version 2.5.0?

I just received this error when trying to use VLM:

View attachment 154712

I am currently running VLM version 2.5.0 which is my preferred version as the latest version has a file handling bug when importing csv files (see post 1029). Is there any way to re-enable version 2.5.0?
OK - I have re-enabled 2.5.0 for now.

I'm sure you are aware that 2.5 is a very old version now and I am trying to encourage people to upgrade. The latest version 2.7.3 has a lot of bug fixes since 2.5 and is more accurate. It is also much more closely coupled to the Litchi DOM and can generate spiral and grid mission natively - so no need to use external csv utilities.

I understand your issues with the Chrome browser built into VLM, but as discussed earlier, they can be worked around with a few extra clicks. Please update when you can.

N

Reactions: DJ Wes
New to Litchi...
Where to D/L latest version of VLM and obtain a current tutorial.
Air 2S pilot
FYI... DroneMask IS awesome!
Go to the very first post. The newest version is always there.

Reactions: jrhoffman75
I am using version 2.7.3. I have a single POI with six waypoints making a loop around the POI.
The Gimbal Pitch for each waypoint is set to Focus POI.
When I run the mission in GE the view is always down the flight path. I was expecting the view to be on the POI.
I initially had Start Recording as the action on my first waypoint. I tried setting that to Take Photo but got the same results. I also clicked the WayPoint Views in GE and again, I get the same view - down the flight path not on the POI as expected.
Any suggestions? What additional information can I send that might help diagnose the problem?

I am using version 2.7.3. I have a single POI with six waypoints making a loop around the POI.
The Gimbal Pitch for each waypoint is set to Focus POI.
When I run the mission in GE the view is always down the flight path. I was expecting the view to be on the POI.
I initially had Start Recording as the action on my first waypoint. I tried setting that to Take Photo but got the same results. I also clicked the WayPoint Views in GE and again, I get the same view - down the flight path not on the POI as expected.
Any suggestions? What additional information can I send that might help diagnose the problem?
You have your “Heading Mode” set to “Auto (TNW)”. Change it to “Custom (WD)”.

I have just upgraded to the latest version 2.7.3 and now when I try to send any of my saved missions to Google Earth I get the error message "Error Importing Mission"
In the Activity Log I have "VLM Server Status OK
"Google Earth Status OK"
"Error getting data for WP 1 - Internal Error

Reactions: borodaagvali
I have just upgraded to the latest version 2.7.3 and now when I try to send any of my saved missions to Google Earth I get the error message "Error Importing Mission"
In the Activity Log I have "VLM Server Status OK
"Google Earth Status OK"
"Error getting data for WP 1 - Internal Error
Hi!
Now the planet is sent to Google in a different way, I attached a screen.
Sincerely, Magomed.

Attachments

• 1668846126949.png
    1668846126949.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
OK - I have re-enabled 2.5.0 for now.

I'm sure you are aware that 2.5 is a very old version now and I am trying to encourage people to upgrade. The latest version 2.7.3 has a lot of bug fixes since 2.5 and is more accurate. It is also much more closely coupled to the Litchi DOM and can generate spiral and grid mission natively - so no need to use external csv utilities.

I understand your issues with the Chrome browser built into VLM, but as discussed earlier, they can be worked around with a few extra clicks. Please update when you can.

N
Namirda - Are having any luck at persuading DJI to release the SDK to you for the nonenterprise version of the Mavic 3? I really miss flying with Litchi!

I updated to VLM 2.7.3 and now when I try to exit the program I get a unhandled exception error. The program works but its frustrating trying to shut it down.

Never had this problem with the other versions.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Visited Links' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at Virtual_Litchi_Mission.Form1.Form1_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Virtual Litchi Mission
Assembly Version: 2.7.3.0
Win32 Version: 2.7.3.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4536.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4579.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4550.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
CefSharp.WinForms
Assembly Version: 99.2.90.0
Win32 Version: 99.2.90.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/CefSharp.WinForms.DLL
CefSharp
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/CefSharp.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 13.0.1.25517
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
CefSharp.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/CefSharp.Core.DLL
CefSharp.Core.Runtime
Win32 Version: 99.2.90
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Namirda/Virtual%20Litchi%20Mission/CefSharp.Core.Runtime.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi!
Now the planet is sent to Google in a different way, I attached a screen.
Sincerely, Magomed.
I'm in the same problem as peejay !

Before yesterday everything was ok. Yesterday stopped working sending the mission to google earth (with the dedicated button), the creation of grid and the creation of orbit !

I've reinstalled everything and it doesn't work anymore !

Can you help us?

Thank you so much for your attention !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne