DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Of ONE stick (yaw), on the others you can only adjust expo which has no effect at full deflection.

That is possible and already happened to someone else. Here he said he still had a picture though.

Besides, what if I wasn't filming? What if I was just trying to whiz around to the other side of an object as quickly as possible to get a better shot, and not waste time? There are many perfectly reasonable situations where an experienced pilot may need to move the sticks to their extremities. You really shouldn't make baseless assumptions.

Yeah if you feel like. Which is probably the exact reason why CSC already does not turn your motors off unless you configure it to do so manually as already mentioned.

You mean a slightly slower sideways descending corkscrew would serve you?
Show me those shots. I'm curious how they would look.
You can do this already by just having both sticks a fraction towards the CSC command. We used to call that piloting:rolleyes:. I don't see a reason to adjust your settings because you want to have both sticks FULL down/in.

I came on here genuinely trying to help some other people but have unfortunately come up against a bunch of arrogant know-it-alls. Seems a bit toxic around here.

situations where an experienced pilot may need to move the sticks to their extremities.
Those are called emergency situations. An experienced pilot doesn't stir with his sticks like he's mixing a cocktail. Unexperienced pilots tend to do so though. That's why most of them would wreck a manual drone in seconds after taking off.

I came on here genuinely trying to help some other people but have unfortunately come up against a bunch of arrogant know-it-alls. Seems a bit toxic around here.
Maybe because you argue everything those experienced people are putting time and effort in to try to make clear to you?

Reactions: ZUCSTA and vanim8
Lol, you have absolutely no idea how much experience I have
And no, you're only here because you've already alienated everyone in the real world, haha

Reactions: ac0j
Lol, you have absolutely no idea how much experience I have
You do 'a lot' of coastal mapping I read in another thread. Sounds professional and commercial.
Really, with a Mavic? part 107?
What part of part 107 DID you understand then?

And no, you're only here because you've already alienated everyone in the real world, haha

Wow, 10 posts and you are already calling names.
Let's for starters be civilised here.

this happened to me once too. I landed and then started walking toward where I landed. when I got there I was shocked to find it wasn't there. then two guys sitting there pointed up in the air and the mavic was flying again!

Reactions: joejaxvic123
You do 'a lot' of coastal mapping I read in another thread. Sounds professional and commercial.
Really, with a Mavic? part 107?
What part of part 107 DID you understand then?

Wow, 10 posts and you are already calling names.
Let's for starters be civilised here.

...and there you go, making more assumptions. You're really embarrassing yourself here. You're totally ignorant and you just can't see it.

Lake, or whatever your name is, Part 107 applies to the USA.
I do not operate a UAV in the USA.
Other countries have different laws around UAVs, but you already knew that (right?)

See here for further info:
Let Me Google That

Cheers, Yannie

Reactions: WTFoxtrot
this happened to me once too. I landed and then started walking toward where I landed. when I got there I was shocked to find it wasn't there. then two guys sitting there pointed up in the air and the mavic was flying again!
That's really interesting...
Were you able to confirm whether or not the blades were still spinning while it was on the ground?

Last edited:
I've been flying mavic for almost a year plus I spend way too much time on the forums and this is a new issue to me.

How do you confirm that the props have stopped spinning if you land mavic somewhere you cannot see it?

*edit* look at the rpm for the motors on the rc....

Reactions: tegrevboy
You must always see the drone with your bare eyes during landing and taking off. Actually, you MUST ALWAYS have the drone in sight (or at least be able to see it). Period. Rule number one!

While a great recommendation, the FAA disagrees with your interpretation.

Since you turned the controller back on to regain control, I assume it had been turned off. Doesn't this action tell the aircraft it has lost signal and trigger RTH when it's powered up regardless if it's sitting on the ground resting? This is the third time the same action caused the same result I've heard about. I think the answer may be just leave your controller on until the craft is turned off - or - reset the RTH location once you land.

Reactions: spwalker
I read that OP landed somewhere other than the original take off point, so maybe the new landing spot was not the exact same elevation as take off point. So zero feet altitude shown on the display was in relation to the place he took off, and not the same as where he attempted to land which may have been -2 or -3 feet? Just a thought.

Reactions: Callum
He wont stop to you proclaim him lord of the basement dwellers. :D
This is getting really funny.
I am enjoying this. Thanks for howling along. But I feel sorty for your frustration.

He’s one of those- has to be someone else’s fault!
Good read though!
I’m a very noob but I was under the assumption that you would always turn off bird 1st prior to controller?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3