DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic to buy?

Mikes145

Reactions
Is the Mavic Pro still worth the money? I have a grand saved up to buy my first drone. Will I wish I had saved up a bit more and purchased the Mavic 2 pro instead or maybe a Mavic 2 zoom? I plan on getting a 107 license to try some commercial work for a side job. The pro is currently $929 for a fly more package, the zoom is $1249, and the pro 2 is $1852. I would have to add the refresh coverage also. I think I want to buy a new drone also.

Reactions: sgrinavi
Here are a couple of threads:

Reactions: sgrinavi
Reactions: Drone Or Boat
Keep saving ... get the Mavic2... you won’t be sorry... I found out that the only thing I use out of the flymore kit is batteries and landing pad ...

Reactions: Mikes145
The MP is a very good drone - can't comment on the MP2 but real big difference is the MP2 has all around collision avoidance and one of the MP2's has a better camera - well they say !!

I have had my MP for almost a year 650,000 meters of flying - never crashed - RTH worked flawlessly when I needed it the one time my ipad went dead - I really like the display in the controller too as I could fly it back to me at any time without an ipad or phone connected and practice it from time to time - occusync is very good transmission technology - the MP in my opinion if its your first drone is a good choice.

The answer for the question "Which Mavic should I buy?" is another question "What do you want to use it for?". If you foresee any possibility of you doing any professional work with it, get the M2P. If it is a hobby and something you do for fun, get the MAVIC AIR or the Spark. They are both good enough for the later purpose.

I too think the kit is a waste of monies. I have never used the case. Do some hard looking before you buy the “fly more kit”. Hope you can get some more input from some of the other members.
As far as which drone, I suggest the Mavic Pro 2. Save a little more money and buy it. It’s a wonderful machine.

Right off the bat, forget the Spark. You have enough money saved to go for the Mavic Air Bundle, and there's a significant upgrade there.

We have the Air Bundle. The 2 extra batteries are absolutely necessary, as Fly Time is only 15-18 minutes tops.

While we're HAPPY with the Mavic Air, we just can't shake the urge to upgrade to at least a Pro 1. Extra flight time, stability, range; better everything despite its age, which can be a bonus Price-wise.

Can't help much with the Mavic 2s, sorry. BUT... we believe you'd be better off with a Zoom - i.e. price, and zoom novelty. Camera quality - unless a Pro Photog - probably isn't noticeable. Good luck!

Rgds, NAVMAV

Last edited:
I too think the kit is a waste of monies. I have never used the case. Do some hard looking before you buy the “fly more kit”. Hope you can get some more input from some of the other members.
As far as which drone, I suggest the Mavic Pro 2. Save a little more money and buy it. It’s a wonderful machine.

Seems to me that the fly more kit is worth it even if all you use are the multi-battery charger, the extra props and the two batteries. The batteries alone will cost you nearly what the fly more kit costs.

Really depends on whether or not you will have use for the extras. If you are going to buy a hard case and a separate charger (one that charges multiple batteries simultaneously instead of one at a time) the flymore pack is really not that appealing. I bought my AIR stand alone and bought the accessories I wanted including two more batteries, a better carrying case, a better charger, and a few ND filters. An accessory you will not use is not worth having in the first place in my opinion.

Reactions: SandiSCE
Just my opinion on buying the MP2 Pro concerning the camera. No matter how good a camera is it still comes back to the person using it. So if your really good at photography then certainly buy the MP2 with the best camera you can get especially if you’re thinking about commercial work. However if, for example, your an average golfer, buying a more expensive set of golf clubs won’t make you a better golfer.
Your pictures, videos, etc will be your product. Pick the tool that you can fully utilized.
Best of luck on your decision. I’m sure you’ll be happy whatever you decide.

I won’t say what you should do with your hard-earned savings. But that being said, I love my my Refurbished Mavic Pro. It’s flawless, flies like a dream, and Intelligent Modes, Camera and Video Settings will give me tons of learning experiences. Would I like to have the Pro 2? Yes, if I could justify the extra cost, which I can’t. It sounds like your pocketbook is saying, “Mavic Pro” but your heart is whispering “Mavic Pro 2.” I’d go with my heart. Also, look into DJI’s Affirm as an easy and affordable way to buy the MP2. Good luck and Happy Flying.

Reactions: SandiSCE
One thing to keep in mind, and I wish I'd known before "upgrading" my Spark to the MP (Alpine Bundle at a killer price) is the way the gimbal works. It does NOT keep the horizon straight, it "leans" on yawing or turning before straightening itself and that's quite disturbing. It's extreme here
but it's there in pretty much all the videos I've seen since I became aware of the problem. Neither the Spark, Air or M2s have that issue.

Mike today is your lucky day. Yes this is my first post but I have been reading them all for a while now. purchased a mavic 2 pro back in January, I thought it would get me back in to photography again, but its just sitting here. I will let you have all of it for a 1000.00. If you are interested, which will include the samsung tablet I bought just for the drone and the custom made holder I made for it,three batteries, back pack, chargers, cables landing pad and anything else drone related. I can send you some photos or you can reach out to a fellow member here in the Seattle area to meet me and verify everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh