DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who says Mavic can't do low light?

Was thinking of flying in light snow yesterday but didn't risk it. Think I will next time.

Reactions: Vilco
Beautiful footage Robert! What version of DJI Go 4 were you using?

I need to figure out the manual settings of the camera (as well as my other cameras)

Was thinking of flying in light snow yesterday but didn't risk it. Think I will next time.
You have to decide if the risk is worth taking, since I don’t think DJI advises it. But, If you do, make sure you land frequently and dry it off. Also check props for icing, watch battery levels, and don’t panic if you get an obstacle avoidance message, turn OA off and gently bring her home. It means a snowflake lodged in your forward sensor “eye”

Reactions: hjmavic
I used auto out of the box settings for this. No post edit just, fired it straight to YT. Just got to remember “no sudden movements”, keep it smooth. Twilight definitely a great time to fly and get some amazing footage.

Nice. Using point of interest, or flying manually? And where is that place?

No problems with the snow or moisture. I just dried the top off between battery changes. The only thing that happened is a snowflake apparently lodged in one of its forward sensor “eyes” and stopped me in mid flight. I switched to sport mode and brought it back and blew it out, lol! What are the odds?

Are you using any sort of Mavic skin / film to protect from moisture?

Nice. Using point of interest, or flying manually? And where is that place?

This is Dunfermline, Scotland. Birthplace of Andrew Carnegie. And it was POI, of course. I have done some 360 deg round objects manually but always end up with some drift and minor corrections.

I did two circles and took stills on the other pass. One of the photos got shared on the local tourist board FB page and got 500 likes.

This is Dunfermline, Scotland. Birthplace of Andrew Carnegie. And it was POI, of course. I have done some 360 deg round objects manually but always end up with some drift and minor corrections.

I did two circles and took stills on the other pass. One of the photos got shared on the local tourist board FB page and got 500 likes.
Again, very nice. And congratulations. l am always pleased to see the Mavic used for professional level work.

I wanted to see how the Mavic does in low light/nighttime, so I shot my neighborhood right after the first snowfall. Almost lost the ship while dodging the utility wires, but I like the end result.

I wanted to see how the Mavic does in low light/nighttime, so I shot my neighborhood right after the first snowfall. Almost lost the ship while dodging the utility wires, but I like the end result.
Nice. What were your settings, especially ISO?

Power and phone lines can be a real nuisance, always worth scoping out during daylight, if you’re planning on low light flying.

If you’re going for really low light, then how about moonlight and fireworks?

Power and phone lines can be a real nuisance, always worth scoping out during daylight, if you’re planning on low light flying.

If you’re going for really low light, then how about moonlight and fireworks?

I've lived behind those wires for 6 years and I manage to snag them in broad daylight-but not with the Mavic. My park flyers and helis fall victim to my dumb thumbs on a regular basis.......

Jake

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying