DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my cat chew my props?

This is Loki. Very similar to the Norwegian Forest Cat I think. We think he is Mane Coon and/or Ragdoll. 11mos old;12 pounds. Lol

Mike
Very similar. You will probably have a gentle giant on your hands soon.

• Love
Reactions: slozukimc
HA! I have a tuxedo boy who has gone through countless charging cables. And we had to buy a new iron when he chewed through that heavy cord. And I have a pair of shoes that can't be on the closet floor cuz he chews shoelaces too.

Cats - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
The culprit..

Attachments

• Blue Couch sassy Small.jpg
    Blue Couch sassy Small.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: bobj151 and MA2 317
I've lost track of how many earbuds, USB cables, Apple inductive chargers etc. that my devil cat has destroyed. Yesterday, It got the DJI USB-A to USB-C cable for charging my controller. This cat has an FBI wanted poster at the local vet. :) They have to sedate & anesthetize it to groom it!

This is not my cat but mine looks like this one.

1646187441430.png

1646187618308.png

I've lost track of how many earbuds, USB cables, Apple inductive chargers etc. that my devil cat has destroyed. Yesterday, It got the DJI USB-A to USB-C cable for charging my controller. This cat has an FBI wanted poster at the local vet. :) They have to sedate & anesthetize it to groom it!

This is not my cat but mine looks like this one.

View attachment 144708
It took me six months to groom mine. Full of knots. He would bolt every time I turned on the clippers. Slowly over repeated introductions to the clippers I was able to get the job done. No groomer in our area would sedate and none of them would try to wrestle 25lbs of terrified cat.

Now I also have a chocolate tip Siamese. Polar opposite. Lap Kitty that likes to snuggle:

1646230765018.png

...and likes to see who is on the other end of a MS Teams call...

Last edited:
I want to choke his furry little butt!! Loki has chewed 8 out of 12 props on my S900!! Not like I can just take those off and stash them away to keep them safe like most. I am going to find a storage tote it will fit in as a Pelican case is crazy expensive.

But what is the attraction? Do they think they are bird wings? I catch both him and Oliver sniffing and chewing at props on all sorts of drones. I even caught Loki headed for the wooden blade 450 heli props. I thought maybe it was a plastic smell they like until then.

Loki will duck a little and run away when a drone is close. Oliver will set up and try to swat it out of the air. He casually walked over and swatted my micro drone out of the air and walked away like “mission accomplished”.

Mike
No pictures?

Wow. They could be siblings.

Mike
Bleu is a real buddy. Loves family time when my wife and I are in the same room with him. Jumps on my lap as soon as I get home. The whole family goes to bed together nightly. I've only seen him angered once. Another large male cat in the back yard. He burst right through the screen door ripping off the screen. Didn't even phase him. Even then he backed off when I ran out after him and let me bring him back in without an argument.

Reactions: slozukimc
Cats chew on things because it feels good on their teeth, and perhaps for other reasons. Your going to have to find a place t store your props so your cat cannot get to them or continue to buy lots of replacements as I would not fly with a chewed prop
I store my drones on a high shelf of a bookcase to avoid feline predation.

Works good!

TCS

I store my drones on a high shelf of a bookcase to avoid feline predation.

Works good!

TCS
Hahahaha. They have you fooled. I have seen our cats jump from the back of the couch to the top of a near cieling height corner shelf from a stansdstill. Those little acrobats can get anywhere in the house if they decide they want to. Just like a big squirrel.

Mike

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Trying to understand a cat is worse/harder than trying to understand a woman.
There are options though.
Water pistol
Rubber band gun
Ofcourse, the already mentioned hot sauce.
Last resort, a taser. < that's a joke.
Those all are pretty effective with women too.

Ladies?

BTW, I'd like to point out the cat's name is LOKI, in case you all missed that... pretty much explains it rat thar. :cool:

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I want to choke his furry little butt!! Loki has chewed 8 out of 12 props on my S900!! Not like I can just take those off and stash them away to keep them safe like most. I am going to find a storage tote it will fit in as a Pelican case is crazy expensive.

But what is the attraction? Do they think they are bird wings? I catch both him and Oliver sniffing and chewing at props on all sorts of drones. I even caught Loki headed for the wooden blade 450 heli props. I thought maybe it was a plastic smell they like until then.

Loki will duck a little and run away when a drone is close. Oliver will set up and try to swat it out of the air. He casually walked over and swatted my micro drone out of the air and walked away like “mission accomplished”.

Mike
Why would you leave it out and accessible to the cat??? Especially if you know they are prone to chewing them!!! Duh

I think they smell outdoors. Loki Bartholomeow seems quite curious about all of the parts of the s900 as it’s broken and battered self lies on the operating table/floor after rescuing it from a flyaway into a tree. 🙀😢

Maybe the props have a concentrated smell/taste of everywhere the drone has been???

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147