DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my cat chew my props?

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Our Main Coon has eaten her way through more cables than we can count. She even ate through a set of Christmas lights on the tree, while it was plugged in! Dead lights, but no damage to the cat.

Reactions: slozukimc
Well, the cat data logs are crucial, to determine at which point of the cats day, they decided the drone must be stopped!
According to the Vdata logs they are scoping them out diring the day and plotting a stealth mission in the night to damage the props just enough to cause failure in flight.

They are sketchy and sly like that.

Mike

I think its down to jealousy. Your cat thinks you love the drone more than him. Cats develop unsocial behavior when another person or item gets the attention they think they deserve. Answer, fit some props to your cat, fly him and all will be well!

I think its down to jealousy. Your cat thinks you love the drone more than him. Cats develop unsocial behavior when another person or item gets the attention they think they deserve. Answer, fit some props to your cat, fly him and all will be well!
Loki and I had plans to strap him to the S900 and go out chasing birds but my wife put an end to our fun in a big hurry. So why isn’t he chewing HER stuff?

Mike

Give it cat nip

Get him a puppy to play with. He will not have time to chew your props LOL
My wife would be good with this. She got Loki after our pups passed because I said no more dogs. I love dogs but I am getting older, I ride motorcycles and have a habit of not wanting to be home if I don’t have to be so a toddler, I mean puppy, is out.

Mike

Loki and I had plans to strap him to the S900 and go out chasing birds but my wife put an end to our fun in a big hurry. So why isn’t he chewing HER stuff?

Mike
Maybe he thinks you are his daddy, just as my cat Snuggy thinks the same way. And daddy loves his noisy tame bird more than he loves me. So I will eat the bird. Just as daddy loves those things he plugs in his ears that stop him from listening to me, more than he loves me, so I will eat those. 😂

I go out with my drone at 2 in the afternoon, say I am going to be back at 6 for dinner, and walk in at 10pm. I go for a walk, coffee, fly, chat to people about flying drones for an hour or so, walk 20 minutes back to the car listening to my music and completely forget the time. Paradise!

Last edited:
As noted earlier, one of the main ingredients in catnip is DJI propellers. It will just make the problem worse.
I should have expect this since they put plastic in food

I want to choke his furry little butt!! Loki has chewed 8 out of 12 props on my S900!! Not like I can just take those off and stash them away to keep them safe like most. I am going to find a storage tote it will fit in as a Pelican case is crazy expensive.

But what is the attraction? Do they think they are bird wings? I catch both him and Oliver sniffing and chewing at props on all sorts of drones. I even caught Loki headed for the wooden blade 450 heli props. I thought maybe it was a plastic smell they like until then.

Loki will duck a little and run away when a drone is close. Oliver will set up and try to swat it out of the air. He casually walked over and swatted my micro drone out of the air and walked away like “mission accomplished”.

Mike
cos he can't fit the gimble in his mouth?

• Haha
Reactions: slozukimc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS