DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my cat chew my props?

They do those things. I have a Norwegian Forest cat that loves to chew up my USB charging cables. I ordered a bunch through Amazon. He's a spoiled brat.
Snuggy, my plain old black cat chews the hard case tops of my ear buds, and my wifes smart watch. It would be worse than the death sentence for him if he went near my drones ie no food for a day !😂

There is no real rhythm or reason to it, perhaps because they are thin and accessible to chew on, if you hide them, it will probably find something else to chew on. Cables perhaps if accessible. Mine tries to chew on power cords (Disconnected ones) and have to shoo her away from them.. For the most part, she does not do that a lot and seems to have stopped.
How about hanging it from the rafters. The drone, not the cat.

Snuggy, my plain old black cat chews the hard case tops of my ear buds, and my wifes smart watch. It would be worse than the death sentence for him if he went near my drones ie no food for a day !😂
Yikes! That could get expensive after awhile.

I store my drones on a high shelf of a bookcase to avoid feline predation.

Works good!

TCS
Yup, wall hangers for my Drone are coming next...

Reactions: slozukimc
I want to choke his furry little butt!! Loki has chewed 8 out of 12 props on my S900!! Not like I can just take those off and stash them away to keep them safe like most. I am going to find a storage tote it will fit in as a Pelican case is crazy expensive.

But what is the attraction? Do they think they are bird wings? I catch both him and Oliver sniffing and chewing at props on all sorts of drones. I even caught Loki headed for the wooden blade 450 heli props. I thought maybe it was a plastic smell they like until then.

Loki will duck a little and run away when a drone is close. Oliver will set up and try to swat it out of the air. He casually walked over and swatted my micro drone out of the air and walked away like “mission accomplished”.

Mike
I see that there is already a suggestion of coating the props with Tabasco. I had the same idea; buy some chilli powder or paste and mix it in a water solution, then paint it on to the props. If you choose a very hot pepper, the cats won’t go there again! Just don’t handle the props and forget, then rub your eyes. As for the cat swatting the drone ….. just swat the cat. It will soon learn. 💥😉 (Maybe coat several chewed props and leave them below the drone. The cats may associate the props with the chilli and leave your drone alone.)

Last edited:
I want a case. The cheapest I have found is a $400 pelican. Ouch.

Mike
PGYTech. Mine cost around A$149. Holds all my m2 pro gear. Also have one for my FPV, Mini and even tello. You can pick up reasonable cases for less but my PGYtech cases are pretty tough and can be taken on board aircraft as they have a pressure release valve

PGYTech. Mine cost around A$149. Holds all my m2 pro gear. Also have one for my FPV, Mini and even tello. You can pick up reasonable cases for less but my PGYtech cases are pretty tough and can be taken on board aircraft as they have a pressure release valve
Have you seen the size of the case an S900 fits in? Just a guess but you could probably fit 3 or 4 average drone cases in one. They are HUGE!

Mike

I want to choke his furry little butt!! Loki has chewed 8 out of 12 props on my S900!! Not like I can just take those off and stash them away to keep them safe like most. I am going to find a storage tote it will fit in as a Pelican case is crazy expensive.

“Why does my cat chew my props?”

Because you turn off the drone…..

Howard

I was shocked at the prices. Stupid really for what they are. I have nice cases for my other gear. I am a cheapskate so it is going to get hung from the ceiling for now. Lol

Mike
Do you still have the packaging. If so, you could make up your own case with Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF) or a very large storage box. I guess also it depends on how much travelling you are going to do with it.

Guess you have checked out your local big box tool depot for something that could be modified.

I am currently looking for a case to hold all my accessories and add-ons. It will be big box store for me. Case prices are eye watering

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots