DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$12 DJI "Low Noise" propellers. Anyone tried them yet?

If you get the Master Screw , you will notice a differenc in the Tone as that will change an I find that the Neighbors find the tone not as Peircing so that is why I favor them so. They are brittle and you need to check to see if they are a good batch , and weigh the same which 99 times out of 100 they do.

Black have a nice shine , Green is nice, orange is not so bright.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Float on the Water.

@Ridgeback65 as @mavic3usa said in his post #2 the DJI props are described as low noise
you get 3 sets in the FLY more combo with the RC2 ( 6CCW and 6CW) ,i suspect that MAS will soon produce their own version for the Air 3 the prop sound when the drone is flying is quite a low pitch ,and once up above 150ft it is reasonably unobtrusive

Reactions: Ridgeback65
I see that the Master Screw have solid and foldable props (obvious convenience). What is the advantage of the solid props?

I see that the Master Screw have solid and foldable props (obvious convenience). What is the advantage of the solid props?
it just depends on what the design of the props are in relation to how the drone folds up ,or not for transport, you could put a solid propellor ,on any of the folding type DJI drones ,but in order to fold them you would have to remove them each time, there is really no advantage between folding or solid, the portion of the propellor that provides the thrust is exactly the same
actually in some respects when it comes to how a drone flies ,it can be an advantage to have a folding prop,because if the props make slight contact with something, they will bend at the pivot point ,which lessons the force of the contact
MAS at the moment are not listing a prop for the Air 3 according to their website

Yes, I believe so too as was pointed out by another user. From what I gather there are 3rd party prop like Master Screw which claim to be more silent but I've heard recordings and while they are "different" (in pitch perhaps) they didn't seem THAT much different to me. YMMV.

My M1P orange MAS props fold, as the originals do, but my Spark props are one piece from MAS, unlike the tiny original folding props.
I don’t mind due to the much less annoying pitch, now used to that ‘less than a minute’ fitting them pre flight and removing later.

Pretty sure the $12 low noise props are identical to the prop you get when you buy the drone originally. All recent DJI camera drone props are "low noise" but if you really want a small reduction in the noise, may I recommend you visit Master AirScrew in the near future.

Yes DJI seems to think they have refined design to all theirs being low noise.
Will be interesting to see some real pilot comparos of MAS props vs these OEM low noise props.

My M1P orange MAS props fold, as the originals do, but my Spark props are one piece from MAS, unlike the tiny original folding props.
I don’t mind due to the much less annoying pitch, now used to that ‘less than a minute’ fitting them pre flight and removing later.
OK so the solid ones have a more agreeable pitch?

OK so the solid ones have a more agreeable pitch?

Oh heck yes, they are much nicer on my Spark and M1P . . . results in videos below.

Your results may vary on drone model to model though, my brother in laws Air didn't seem to get as much benefit.
Further, many on this forum say they can't tell any difference, but the lower pitch is very much guaranteed due to the way MAS make their props with greater pitch and thicker blade shape / more pronounced lift shape.

I too noticed that the Mavic 3 props fit on the rear of the Air 3. However, the Mavic 3 props on the front of the Air 3 touch the frame. I wonder if swapping out the rear props degrades performance?
Pilot Institute did fly the drone for an extra 2 minutes. That didn't elaborate about the performance and re-interated "do this at your own risk". I'm sure someone will test them soon

Reactions: Ridgeback65
the bayonet fittings are in line with previous models ,in their execution
the main difference, is now there is no longer a separate ,component attached to the top of the motor housing ,that holds the spring over the shaft ,the design of the lugs on the prop centers ,also make it impossible to fit them to the wrong motors by mistake

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet