DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About to buy MP2- nervous that macbook pro might not handle file size- Help!

Man, your 2013 has better specs than my 2018. I have an i5 and only 8gb ram
If it will take more RAM and it's user accessible Macsales.com has fair pricing and help if needed.you may have known that but I am not mechanically "gifted"and I did the install myself.Or get a 12 year old kid to do it.?

If it will take more RAM and it's user accessible Macsales.com has fair pricing and help if needed.you may have known that but I am not mechanically "gifted"and I did the install myself.Or get a 12 year old kid to do it.?

They don’t make em like that no more unfortunately. New Macs are almost a single homogeneous part.

Reactions: MavicFT1P and Mav1c
yes LumaFusion is what I use. Take a few min and watch some YouTube on it. It’s not a full featured editor like Final cut but for most uses it gets the job done and it amazingly powerful. Best of all it’s like 20$. Render speed is crazy fast!

Everything is soldered to the board... which I realized after I bought it.. I had planned on upgrading the RAM via OWC as I've used them in the past but now the only way is buy directly from Apple on order for big bucks..

To answer the question the way I think you meant it. No that computer is not gonna be able to handle 4K HVEC videos without you loosing your mind. As has been said before for some reason the best tool to edit HVEC 4K Videos is an iPad Pro. I don’t know how it works but what would take my fairly high powered Mac over an hour to process the iPad Pro does in like 3 mins. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it for myself.
Yeah ipads make video editing easy, what app do you use, luma fusion? Also how do you get the content onto your ipad from the drone efficiently?

Apple
Everything is soldered to the board... which I realized after I bought it.. I had planned on upgrading the RAM via OWC as I've used them in the past but now the only way is buy directly from Apple on order for big bucks..

Cant you upgrade your RAM through the Cloud

Cant you upgrade your RAM through the Cloud
NO - you can upgrade your storage space, but not RAM (How would that work anyhow?)

NO - you can upgrade your storage space, but not RAM (How would that work anyhow?)

Wow...
Yes you are correct that would not work, what was I thinking

I bought a MB Pro 15” with Touch Bar thinking that if I buy the top of the line, I’d be all set for a while and I can get more Ram/Memory later if need be...Like you, I found out after that you can’t upgrade this unit[emoji35].
This was all a surprise since I just upgraded the Ram and Hard drive in my 13” MB just before I decided to buy a new one anyways.

Upgradin your laptop is a delusion at purchase time to get a certain model.
You convince yourself you can always upgrade at a later time.
But, for the majority, this never takes priority over anything else in your life
from thereon

I hate Apple sometimes!

I think you will be fine for consumer use. My Mac air does OK with its 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GH.

Yeah ipads make video editing easy, what app do you use, luma fusion? Also how do you get the content onto your ipad from the drone efficiently?
The best way I have found Is the SD Card reader. It will load it into photos then you can move them onto files. Now the real problem is getting the file off the iPad. I have a RavPower file hub. You can use that to wirelessly send the files to your computer or to external HD. If you have a Mac you can just airdrop which works well. For YouTube LumaFusion will upload for you directly to YouTube. Some like the WD Wireless harddrive which LumaFusion will work with directly. What I have been doing lately is use the SD reader to import. Then i render to photos. Then use cable to transfer to my PC then I can put it on DVD,USB,or wherever. I find less issues using PC as my client may not have MAC and I have some cheap software for PC.
I’m hoping apple will open file management in the new IOS13 update. But I’m not holding my breath. Would be wonderful to be able to directly attach a harddrive to the iPad.

Reactions: Mikerobertsn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J