DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Drone Pilot in Stuart, Florida?

Hello, late to this thread. I'm in town with my family over the Christmas holiday and hoping to fly a Mavic Pro in the Stuart area. Any recommendations for parks or preserve areas to fly that are outside the VIP TFR?
Thanks, Jon

Hey.

Halapatiokee Regional Park 8303 SW Lost River Rd, Stuart, FL 34997

Mansion at Tuckahoe
1707 NE Indian River Drive
Jensen Beach, FL 34957

House of Refuge
301 Southeast MacArthur Boulevard
Stuart, Florida 34996

Shepard Park
600 SW Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL 34994

Except for Halapatiokee, they are all on the water and great for flying. If your drone says you are within the 5 mile zone of the airport, the tower number is 772 221 0109. All sites are outside the TFR.

Enjoy

Hey.

Halapatiokee Regional Park 8303 SW Lost River Rd, Stuart, FL 34997

Mansion at Tuckahoe
1707 NE Indian River Drive
Jensen Beach, FL 34957

House of Refuge
301 Southeast MacArthur Boulevard
Stuart, Florida 34996

Shepard Park
600 SW Ocean Blvd, Stuart, FL 34994

Except for Halapatiokee, they are all on the water and great for flying. If your drone says you are within the 5 mile zone of the airport, the tower number is 772 221 0109. All sites are outside the TFR.

Enjoy
Thanks Capt. Oveur!

What is the local attitude of folks around those coastal areas (House of Refuge and Mansion at Tuckahoe)? Don't want to upset anyone. And, Maybe I'm misinterpreting the TFR, but my take on is that most of Stuart is affected. It's a 30 mile radius from PBI from surface up to 18,000 ft! See http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_8011.html.

Thoughts? Thanks again!

Wow. This is a wider radius than the last time the Prez was here. From the map you linked, I still think you're OK in all locations other than Jupiter Lighthouse. I expect Witham tower could confirm. I'll send a message to my buddy who is a flight instructor flying out of Witham Field to confirm.

Thanks Capt. Oveur!

What is the local attitude of folks around those coastal areas (House of Refuge and Mansion at Tuckahoe)? Don't want to upset anyone. And, Maybe I'm misinterpreting the TFR, but my take on is that most of Stuart is affected. It's a 30 mile radius from PBI from surface up to 18,000 ft! See http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_7_8011.html.

Thoughts? Thanks again!
By the way, we've had zero problems with the local citizenry as long as you don't buzz their heads. Most folks simply express interest in the drone and ask all the usual questions.

Thanks so much again! I'm a very cautious and responsible flyer and teaching my daughter to be the same. I was going to call Witham Field for their take, but don't want to unnecessarily bother them, so please let me know what you hear back from your friend. Thanks again

My buddy might be with family or something like that. You don't have to be concerned with Witham. They aren't busy generally and are nice folks. They just ask where you are flying, what time and for how long.

I'm hearing some jet traffic coming or going from Witham, so its not like they are shut down.

I just got available to give you my take on flying in the Stuart Area. There is a very active TFR to the south of us and I know Stuart Tower will not approve any flying near us until this restricted area is gone after the holidays. I would suggest the area we flew last weekend. The St Lucie Botonical Gardens area is safe to fly. You take the first road to the left as you enter and it is a park. That is what I would suggest for now. Have fun!

My buddy might be with family or something like that. You don't have to be concerned with Witham. They aren't busy generally and are nice folks. They just ask where you are flying, what time and for how long.

I'm hearing some jet traffic coming or going from Witham, so its not like they are shut down.
Thanks. I’m Witham calling but no answer or voicemail. I’ll try a few more times. Thanks again for your time and help

I recommend don't bother them right now. They are busy with the traffic and won't approve flying within 5 miles as I mentioned above.

I just got available to give you my take on flying in the Stuart Area. There is a very active TFR to the south of us and I know Stuart Tower will not approve any flying near us until this restricted area is gone after the holidays. I would suggest the area we flew last weekend. The St Lucie Botonical Gardens area is safe to fly. You take the first road to the left as you enter and it is a park. That is what I would suggest for now. Have fun!
Thanks again for this recommendation. Quick question - do you fly over the gardens themselves, or just nearby? Plan to take a look later today.

Not over the gardens or even have to pay to enter. As you enter bear to the left. There is a road that takes you to the park area. That is where you can fly safely and stay clear of people.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 1.06.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 1.06.58 PM.png
    518.8 KB · Views: 14
Not over the gardens or even have to pay to enter. As you enter bear to the left. There is a road that takes you to the park area. That is where you can fly safely and stay clear of people.
Great - thank you and the map helps! I want to avoid all people. Is this private property or a public park?

Hello from Jensen Beach.
Mavic Pro owner here with about a 1/2 dozen flights in so far and loving it. The House of Refuge is a great place to fly. Spectacular views of the ocean with ironshore beach on one side and Intercoastal on the other. Respect other beachgoers and you may find your biggest problem is all the nice people that want to talk to you.
Happy & Safe Flying!!!

1514600329339.jpg1514600354097.jpg

Be aware that you are within five miles of Stuart Witham Airport. The tower opens at 7 AM. The phone number is 772-221-1450. It is not a problem to fly there, except as a hobbyist you are supposed to call for authorization to fly. They will want to know the time you are flying, the altitude, your name and FAA registration number for your drone. It is a nice place to fly and I have always asked permission and usually stay lower than 150'. Have fun!

Yes. I forgot to mention that House of Refuge is within the Class D airspace of SUA. The Controllers are very professional and accomodating and you need to notify them. Good catch Topilot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy