DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Drone Pilot in Stuart, Florida?

elidan08

Reactions
Hello There....I'm Luca ...
I'm looking to buy a Mavic Pro... Is anybody from Stuart, Florida ...or somewhere close... for some Fun Fly or tips and tricks together? ( Port Salerno, Port Saint Lucie, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound, Palm City)

Hi. I'm a brand new Mavic owner in Palm City. Got about 90 minutes of flight time, so don't know much about flying or video. It is fun though, even for an old retired guy.

So, go for it, and enjoy.

Where do you usually go to fly with it? Cause i'm a bit concerned about the fact that palm city or even Stuart (even closer) is within 5 miles from the Treasure Coast Airport...

I live in an a golf course community just outside restricted airspace associated with Witham Field. So, no problem. My understanding is that restrictions on recreational flights within the 5 circle around Witham simply require notice be given to the airport operator before flying. I've just been looking at AIRMAP which has web and smartphone apps showing restricted airspace and from which you can simply send a text message before flying. It might also be worth joining the PhantomPilots blog, which has far more members and a greater likelihood of finding experienced fliers in the Stuart area. CAUTION: I'M NEW AT THIS TOO AND HAVE A LOT TO LEARN. SO TAKE ANYTHING I SAY WITH THAT IN MIND.

I lived in Port Saint Lucie for about 8 years and used to fly in Tradition while it was being developed. The jetty in Ft Pierce was also great place to fly as long as the winds aren't too stiff.

Hey. I’m a retired guy who is just getting involved with drones. Got about an hour of flying under my belt . Maybe you can teach an old dod new tricks.

Pm me and I’m happy to fly

Great finding some drone pilots near me in Stuart Florida. I am a newbie planning on purchasing a P 3 3K later this month and am looking for other drone pilots in the area. I might decide on the Mavic Pro too after comparing the models. I am also a fixed wing commercial and flight instructor pilot that is president of the Stuart Chapter of the Florida Aero Club that is now taking applications from drone pilots. Just passed the Part 107 FAA exam that was available to licensed pilots. I understand there is a group of drone pilots that meet at the intersection of Cove Rd and SE Willloubay (sp?) Rd. Let me know if you want to meet up for a chat regarding places to fly, etc.

Nice CV you’ve got there topilot. Unfortunately, I have zero qualifications (both flying and photography). Just recently got a Mavic and am learning as I go and with the help of a YouTube videos. Having fun though. Good time of year to fly around the golf courses in the community where I live in Palm City. Happy to meet wherever to chat and learn more. - - Jay

Hi Jay,
I'd like to perhaps meet you at Witham Airport at Atlantic Aviation for coffee this coming week after the holidays? I have some of my aircraft photos hung in the pilot briefing room. I have zero hours flying drones, but over 14k flying fixed wing aircraft. I want to know where I can safely do my first flight in an open field before buying my drone. Do you know of any other drone pilots in the area? We should form a club or organization for local drone guys. Let me know if you can meet up this next week. Tom
PS: I am retired too.

Hi,

I'm a new mavic owner in Palm City, only had a couple flights so far. Would love to meet other people in the area to learn from/with.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca. Welcome on board! I'm pretty new too. Got you beat by about 5 flights. Will send you a PM.

Hi Rebecca, I am a new drone pilot too. I live in Stuart and just ordered my Mavic Pro yesterday. We need to form a drone club locally and find good places to fly.

Nice to "meet" you both. I got my mavic a couple weeks ago and am loving it so far. A local drone club sounds great!

Hello There....I'm Luca ...
I'm looking to buy a Mavic Pro... Is anybody from Stuart, Florida ...or somewhere close... for some Fun Fly or tips and tricks together? ( Port Salerno, Port Saint Lucie, Jensen Beach, Hobe Sound, Palm City)
There are three other Mavic owners that have met on this thread and have been flying together. Let us know if you want to join us?

I am a new Stuart Drone Pilot. I live off Cove Road and A1A. I am doing a firmware update now but would love to meet up for some Drone Flying. I am also a newbie and doing lots of reading and learning. My biggest concern at the moment is the Spotter and Flyer. I can drag my wife out to spot but pretty sure she would rather stay home.... so looking for a group to log some flight times with :)

Hello everybody, glad to see my post had some good feedback.

I'm sorry to text you guys back that late but I was in vacation and never received any notification on my tablet... (just checked the option and now it's all set).
I'd love to meet up with you guys for some flight together..
I have the same "Issue" Bandwidth01 has.... my wife is happy to come with me to fly sometimes but I'm working when she's off and viceversa almost everyday and when we get back home it's too late to fly...
Anyway... Absolutely YES... I usually go to fly my Mavic at the Halpatiokee Park but i'd love to try to fly in Willoughby and Cove as I live very close to A1A and Cove...(or wherever you guys can suggest)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-08-30 at 09.36.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-30 at 09.36.41.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi Rebecca, I am a new drone pilot too. I live in Stuart and just ordered my Mavic Pro yesterday. We need to form a drone club locally and find good places to fly.

We should definitely meet up sometime. Should we meet up at the airport if that's good for you? (of course we are not going to fly there but... at least it's a good place to meet up and start to talk Dronie ;)

Spotters? I don't need no stinkin' spotters! (Paraphrased from a line in "The Treasure of Sierra Madre" @ 1948.) Anyway, good to hear from you. You're most welcome to join us - although we have no regular meet ups. Will send you a conversation with email address.

Last edited:
Hi to the Stuart Area Newbie,
Yes, as Jay has posted there are several other of us that are Mavic Quad pilots. We enjoy sharing our knowledge of flying our drones and have done meet ups at a few local places that seem to allow us to fly. The Halpatiokee Park is wide open for you to practice any new skills as you learn all of the menus and flight characteristics of flying your new copter.
We will be glad to meet you for coffee.
Fly Safe, Tom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU