DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone having this issue with Litchi Waypoints? It's driving me crazy!

Yaros

Reactions
There is a bug in Litchi's Waypoints implementation that is driving me crazy!
The drone gets “stuck” on a waypoint and then starts to fly round it in circles/lines and never proceeds with the mission.

Today it happened to me, here is the mission: Mission Hub - Litchi (flylitchi.com)
Here is the log: 13-05-2022 13:51 | General / Overview | Litchi log 4.23.0-g | Spain | Airdata UAV

After 3 failed attempts to restart the mission from waypoint 7, I just went into RTH and switched back to DJI Fly, that’s why the log ends there.
It got stuck on waypoint 7, and circled it…

Anyone having the same issue?

What device are you using with it? (Since waypoint commands are sent in realtime from it via virtual stick commands, rather than telling the drone to independently go to a coordinate)

I know, but why would it get stuck there?
If the device can't keep up with reading location and assigning stick commands, it'll appear as if the drone is going haywire like you pushed in the stick and couldn't let go, and possibly when the software timed out getting new information it disconnected. It takes a fair bit of processing power to do that style of control in real time especially if you have either apps opened in the background.

The drone itself isn't doing a waypoint mission it's just waiting for movement commands, so all that is falling on the phone to do.

Hence asking which phone or tablet you're using.

I was informed the air 2 dosen,t have enough memory for missions
That wouldn't have anything to do with Litchi though, since it's fed by virtual stick commands, not loaded onto the drone. Also that issue of memory for missions... it has internal 8GB of storage that could be utilized as a local memory store (just like the newer Air 2S).

Reactions: AZDave
That wouldn't have anything to do with Litchi though, since it's fed by virtual stick commands, not loaded onto the drone. Also that issue of memory for missions... it has internal 8GB of storage that could be utilized as a local memory store (just like the newer Air 2S).
ok I use litchi with my mavic pro i know it uploads the flight from my andriod that i have saved from mission hub and after i hit the go buttion the drone does it all and returns with or without connection, don,t know what you mean by virtual is that something my mavic dosen,t do ?

ok I use litchi with my mavic pro i know it uploads the flight from my andriod that i have saved from mission hub and after i hit the go buttion the drone does it all and returns with or without connection, don,t know what you mean by virtual is that something my mavic dosen,t do ?
It depends on the drone, if the drone could do waypoints with the DJI go or fly app already then it does indeed save the mission path on the drone itself.

But most of the currently produced DJI drones do not do that anymore and do not have waypoint support. So for drones like say the Mavic 3, Air 2/a, Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3 pro, etc since it cannot support waypoints the app itself manually controls the drone in real time along the planned path, it does this by using virtual stick commands (ie the drone thinks it's getting movement commands from the operator rather than going to a preprogrammed destination).

Essentially for anything other than say your old Mavic Pro or the Mavic 2 Pro, you'll require a constant connection with the app to the drone, and performance will vary depending on signal quality and how well the app keeps up.

Reactions: AZDave
It depends on the drone, if the drone could do waypoints with the DJI go or fly app already then it does indeed save the mission path on the drone itself.

But most of the currently produced DJI drones do not do that anymore and do not have waypoint support. So for drones like say the Mavic 3, Air 2/a, Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3 pro, etc since it cannot support waypoints the app itself manually controls the drone in real time along the planned path, it does this by using virtual stick commands (ie the drone thinks it's getting movement commands from the operator rather than going to a preprogrammed destination).

Essentially for anything other than say your old Mavic Pro or the Mavic 2 Pro, you'll require a constant connection with the app to the drone, and performance will vary depending on signal quality and how well the app keeps up.
thanks

For clarification on the Mavic and Mavic 2 and Litchi; only the flightpath is uploaded to the aircraft. Camera / gimbal control is performed by the RC during the mission.

Reactions: dug611

Let me just reiterate......you're saying that in order to do a waypoint mission on a Mini 2, you need constant connection, correct? What happens if you lose connection? Will it just stop or RTH?

Reactions: Yaros
Let me just reiterate......you're saying that in order to do a waypoint mission on a Mini 2, you need constant connection, correct? What happens if you lose connection? Will it just stop or RTH?
It will do what is set in the settings, most cases it is set to RTH

Reactions: DanD2
If connection drops itsy paise for a bit waiting for a connection. Too much time passes and it'll do what your settings are set for. Which is either return to home, hover, or land.

So if the connection isn't smooth but not enough to trigger a RTh your waypoint flights may be sporadic as it misses movement commands here and there.

Reactions: DanD2
There is a bug in Litchi's Waypoints implementation that is driving me crazy!
The drone gets “stuck” on a waypoint and then starts to fly round it in circles/lines and never proceeds with the mission.

Today it happened to me, here is the mission: Mission Hub - Litchi (flylitchi.com)
Here is the log: 13-05-2022 13:51 | General / Overview | Litchi log 4.23.0-g | Spain | Airdata UAV

After 3 failed attempts to restart the mission from waypoint 7, I just went into RTH and switched back to DJI Fly, that’s why the log ends there.
It got stuck on waypoint 7, and circled it…

Anyone having the same issue?
Do a compass and imu calibration.
It's very few calculations that needs to be done, only thing if an other app hangs the phone, but I don't think so. It looks like the drone has wobbly path every time its heading east.

Hi all, I was going to start a new thread but found this one and have just read through it all but the answers don't make sense to me.

My issue is the drone (air 2) will not go to the first waypoint whatever I try! It flys towards it and then just starts hovering around aimlessly like an idiot. What am I doing wrong? I recorded the screen but it won't let me upload it here.

Mobile device is iPhone 12 Pro Max

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78