DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple iPad mini 5 - 7.9-inch vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4", 64GB for MA2???

phineas

Reactions
hello...

i just bought a MA2 after getting great use from my phantom 4k,,,,,

like my Phantom.... i would like to buy a dedicated tablet to use with the MA2

even if my my Note 8 seems to do the job

I boiled it down to the

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4", 64GB Wi-Fi Tablet (on sale this weekend)​

OR

Apple iPad mini 5 - 7.9-inch (Latest Model)​

with the mini costing $90 more

anyone have a preference using either???

thank you for any input

Reactions: pescobar61

The galaxy Tab 8.4 2020
64 bit arm.
Runs great perfect size light thin fast.
Added to my cell plan all maps all the time no second guessing

As far as compass
No compass but you get all the map info except the little blue arrow to point at the drone

And if you hotspot to an iPhone you are running the Apple software mirrored to the Tab.
So you need to interact but touching the iPhone.
Ran it a few times like that.
But missing the little blue arrow is no big deal.
Now just use the tab alone the size sells it speed no problems

Use the Apple only for maven flights

Hope to get an android version of maven soon

Hope this helps
Ps original cable reaches for the tab 8.4IMG_2085.JPG

iPad Mini 5 all the way.
IMG_20200714_074420.jpg

Reactions: pescobar61
hello...

I boiled it down to the

OR

thank you for any input

Just got a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus and I LIKE IT A LOT. Great color / brightness. No chance to test fly to check on video / picture abilities, but it does have 330 nits.

All for less than $150. Also got the Skyreat Aluminum Tablet holder and lanyard off Amazon for $40. Got the aluminum one as most are plastic / ABS and I'd be concerned with them breaking pretty quick. The Skyreat is solid for sure.

Apple iPad Mini 5 was just too expensive for me to justify for simply flying my drone. Tried an older Samsung Tablet we had, but FlyApp would not load - even with a current version of Android on it.

Got my Lenovo from NewEgg / Lenovo store. Quick shipping - had it in a couple of days.

Reactions: phineas
Just got a Lenovo Tab M10 Plus and I LIKE IT A LOT. Great color / brightness. No chance to test fly to check on video / picture abilities, but it does have 330 nits.

All for less than $150. Also got the Skyreat Aluminum Tablet holder and lanyard off Amazon for $40. Got the aluminum one as most are plastic / ABS and I'd be concerned with them breaking pretty quick. The Skyreat is solid for sure.

Apple iPad Mini 5 was just too expensive for me to justify for simply flying my drone. Tried an older Samsung Tablet we had, but FlyApp would not load - even with a current version of Android on it.

Got my Lenovo from NewEgg / Lenovo store. Quick shipping - had it in a couple of days.

the M10 looks nice and the price is great but i can't find any flight reviews to risk losing a $1000 drone investment

How you can say that this is good tablet for DJI FLY, when there is no compass chip inside? For these money you could get Samsung Galaxy tab A7 lite...

M10 is not good for DJI FLY, no compass...
Against the suggestions of this forum, I bought the M10 Plus earlier this year as the dedicated tablet for my MA2. Nothing but problems. Constant green video or no video on the screen at all, DJ Fly App constantly crashing in flight, and just recently, very laggy live feed during flights. I just went back to my Samsung A51 cellphone and will save up for a Mini. I'm not an Apple fan but also not a hater. I just want a bigger screen that's been pilot tested and DJI approved.

hello...

I boiled it down to the

OR

thank you for any input
The one thing to consider is that there Samsung Tablets are not on the DJI approval tested website. Only Apple tablets.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan