DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a new laptop for editing, advice needed.

Define "good enough" though. Some people are happier than others regarding delays and times. That covers a huge range. An SSD is the single biggest thing you can put in any computer system to speed it up. Loading times for the OS reduced to seconds, apps and games appear instantly and so on. Loading large video files or raw files from disk to edit are 20-30x quicker than with a normal drive.

A standard HDD will work but is much slower for any task that involves reading or writing from a disk.
To be honest i'm not really bothered about how long it takes to render etc, i just don't won't it to be choppy when i play back during editing.

If you're willing to spend between 1100 and 1200 GBP....why not just wait until you can save up an extra 100-200 and get the 4K 13" XPS system? Fully loaded it's about $1750....so, about 1300 GBP, not that far off.

He's in the UK so prices aren't comparable. Generally we pay the same in pounds as dollars so something costing $1750 will cost £1750 in the uk (so $2300 in this case for the XPS - i just checked). Everything in the UK electronics wise is 20% or so more expensive than the US (Mavic fly more works out at $550 more for example).

I suppose use a MacBook maybe much easier to process your pics. But I am using MSI GT73VR GTX1070 right now.

He's in the UK so prices aren't comparable. Generally we pay the same in pounds as dollars so something costing $1750 will cost £1750 in the uk (so $2300 in this case for the XPS - i just checked). Everything in the UK electronics wise is 20% or so more expensive than the US (Mavic fly more works out at $550 more for example).

Oh...that sucks!!

Anything Apple is way over my budget [emoji20]

And pointless where you can spend 1/2 the money and get twice the spec. Apples laptop offerings, even the new ones, are about 3 years behind hardware wise.

What exactly is your budget?

And pointless where you can spend 1/2 the money and get twice the spec. Apples laptop offerings, even the new ones, are about 3 years behind hardware wise.

What exactly is your budget?
No more than £1200 unfortunately.

It'll work. The headline says SSD, the full specs dont so its worth checking that. If it has an SSD its fine, if it hasn't, its worthless.

Is the 20% discount really that needed to be used? You could get a second hand XPS for way under your budget, that would be so much better than most other you can get. Obviously would just be pre owned

Is the 20% discount really that needed to be used? You could get a second hand XPS for way under your budget, that would be so much better than most other you can get. Obviously would just be pre owned

Yes, I had a bad experience with a pre owned item in the past and will never go there again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake