DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone who is currently fixing a torn gimbal ribbon lay it flat folded & post it?

Civam tolip

Reactions
Can someone who is currently fixing a torn gimbal ribbon lay it flat folded & post it?
Every YouTube video, every single one of them is terrible.l. It's connector number two where everyone has the problem and that's where the mistakes are as far as the slack. It's amazing! The people that made these videos have experience youtubing and not one of them has posted anything competent. They always have their hands in the way one girl that has experience at fixacrash tech-support to gamble and then just says do everything I did in reverse crazy!

Welcome to the forum Civam . @Thunderdrones might have a picture for you .

There is one fold I did before inserting the ribbon. The other two I did after routing the ribbon to the R connection. That end has to be fed through the opening near the middle connection#2. There is no way I could install the ribbon pre folded in that middle connection. That is why it is so difficult to install.

You are correct that the YouTube videos are difficult to follow, but at least they givie you the process. In my case I had to start over several times to get it right. The complex fold I did was right but I needed to fold it while threaded through the frame. I know this isn't helping you but you need to know your request is not something that is part of the install. Only one fold can be done flat on the table and that is done in several videos already.

As thunder drone told me most people give up at that complex bend after ruining one or two ribbons.

Also, it is highly suggested to take your own pictures along the way in removal of the ribbon. I didn't do that as I had a second MP to look at to see how the ribbon is routed.

Hello, how fragile is the ribbon cable?
I have tried to install a new one now after a crash. But my gimbal is only moving up/down. When i folded the cable for the second connector i folded it quite hard. Like 180 degrees.. i suspect it is broken and have ordered 2 new ones already. Also i found out that the camera feed cable was damaged so no picture. Does the camera feed cable control anything else then feeding the picture?

Hello, how fragile is the ribbon cable?
I have tried to install a new one now after a crash. But my gimbal is only moving up/down. When i folded the cable for the second connector i folded it quite hard. Like 180 degrees.. i suspect it is broken and have ordered 2 new ones already. Also i found out that the camera feed cable was damaged so no picture. Does the camera feed cable control anything else then feeding the picture?
As far as I can determine from testing gimbal controls with and without the LVDS (camera) cable installed, the LVDS cable is strictly for the camera.

Make sure the connectors on the ribbon cable are correctly and completely seated in the corresponding motor connection sockets. They're kind of tricky and difficult to seat properly, especially if there is any residual liquid tape (the black silicon stuff) around the sockets.

Sometimes in a crash one or more of the gimbal motors will be damaged. Do any of the gimbal motors feel really hot after it tries to calibrate?

Thanks, that video was quite good. Will check if motors are hot. I have removed all liquid tape properly. Think i will just try reinstalling the cable and see..

Hello again!
Still waiting for the LVDS cable but today I tried again with the ribbon cable.. Still the camera moves up and down and also the movement where the camera is "tilting" but no movement sideways. AND! I felt on the gimbal after it tried to calibrate and the motor for the sideways movement was superhot! What are my options now? New gimbal or what?
BR David

I actually practiced with the broken one first before trying to fit the new one, do it a couple of times then fitting the new one is easy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000