DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

Latest app iOS version with fw 0.800 have me CPU performance related messages.
I finally upgraded the fw to the latest one (.900) and haven't received those messages in the last 6-8 flights.

I'm on an iPhone 6plus and have been getting these messages for the last couple of weeks too (everything is bang up to date software iOS, DJI Go and firmware wise)

Its been warm in the UK but not flown with temps above 25-26c - I've noticed the phone is running very very hot (way hotter than anything else makes it) and I suspect the DJI app has introduced a bug in a new version that is placing demands on the phone CPU that it can't handle, hence the heat and errors.

Reactions: Wingo and djl61
I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

In regards to your DJI Product / Mavic PRO - Warning Message. Thank you for providing pictures, we recommend to wipe-out all DJI applications on your IOS device and restart-it then-after if you have a third party device cleaner process-it then again download the DJI Go 4 Application here (DJI Go 4 Application) or from Apple Store and start-up the unit and do calibrations (IMU/Gimbal/Sensor/Remote Controller) before starting the motors. We hope that these instructions will help you fix the issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri. 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

I will do some test flight after I do what they recommended and post it tomorrow. I hope this works, keep your fingers crossed!!!

That all sounds like standard help desk rubbish, a glorified 'have you tried turning it on and off'

If the phone is getting super hot in use I don't see how those steps above help.

PLus what exactly is a 3rd party device cleaner for an iOS device ?

Reactions: whichwayisup
That all sounds like standard help desk rubbish, a glorified 'have you tried turning it on and off'

If the phone is getting super hot in use I don't see how those steps above help.

PLus what exactly is a 3rd party device cleaner for an iOS device ?
Your guess is as good as mine. I will try anyway.

I am just so pissed about this issue. Just tried to fly in Greece and again the video feed lags as never before. Is that an heat Issue because it doesn't seems to be the case when i switch to litchi. So annoying [emoji35]

I had the warning on my iPhone 5s (every flight I would get a few of those warnings). Video would pause or lag. I got fed up with it, so I bought a new 128GB iPad mini 4 & mount last week. Arrived yesterday and I have made 6 flights since. I haven't received one single warning. Wow it's nice flying with a iPad mini!

I had the warning on my iPhone 5s (every flight I would get a few of those warnings). Video would pause or lag. I got fed up with it, so I bought a new 128GB iPad mini 4 & mount last week. Arrived yesterday and I have made 6 flights since. I haven't received one single warning. Wow it's nice flying with a iPad mini!

Well I hope it stays that way for you. I have the same setup as you and it's glitchy as hell.

Reactions: mkdive
Well I hope it stays that way for you. I have the same setup as you and it's glitchy as ****.

Yeah so do I! I have been nervous reading this thread (while my iPad was in transit). The iPad is fully updated & mavic is running .800. The iPad is going to be kept simple (all my non mavic apps will stay on my full size iPad). The mini only has DJI go, kitty hawk, and a couple weather apps. This new mini is going to be dedicated to the mavic. Hope I can stay away from those warnings.

Reviewing the footage today from the sd card I couldn't see any lags as opposite to the video cache on my iPad mini 4 128gb cellular. I guess this is due to an overheating problem in the iPad and I noticed that it gets very hot after a few minutes. It's 32°c here in Greece so this kind of heat shouldn't be a problem or we might as well stop flying in the summertime in bright daylight.

I have a 128gb iPad mini 2 wifi only that I bought specifically for my mavic. I don't have many other app on it as I have an iPad Air 2 as well.
It worked for a little while... but after these most resent firmware update it struggles... after a few minutes of flying I get some serious lag in the video. I turned off video caching and that made most of the lag go away... still see a few blip once and a while.. but when I few on the 4th I got a mobile CPU resource warning..... so now both iPads are up for sale and I plan to get a Mini 4....

View media item 996
Not sure if others have had the same experience...

Latest app iOS version with fw 0.800 have me CPU performance related messages.
I finally upgraded the fw to the latest one (.900) and haven't received those messages in the last 6-8 flights.
Yesterday it was very hot and I started getting this message again. The problem is still not resolved using the latest app and firmware.

Hi chaps, interesting reading. As you can guess from me being on this thread is I'm getting the same problem! I've been flying out in the Vegas area so it's been chuffing hot +45'C!! I put the lag down to heat but eventually it locked up all together and I had to visually bring the Mavic home. I'm using an iPad 2 mini (bought especially for the mavic!) but it seems to be struggling. I did a little test and used my iPhone 7 in the same conditions and it worked fine!! Wondering why, because the processor should be able to hack it in the iPad mini!! Going to ask my computer boffin to see if he has any top nerdy tips!! Mean while if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!!

I emailed dji about the warning message...
"Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" They asked me to send them screen shots of my software and firmware versions in the about section of the dji4 go app also screen shots of the warnings. I did so and this was the reply...

In regards to your DJI Product / Mavic PRO - Warning Message. Thank you for providing pictures, we recommend to wipe-out all DJI applications on your IOS device and restart-it then-after if you have a third party device cleaner process-it then again download the DJI Go 4 Application here (DJI Go 4 Application) or from Apple Store and start-up the unit and do calibrations (IMU/Gimbal/Sensor/Remote Controller) before starting the motors. We hope that these instructions will help you fix the issue.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri. 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

I will do some test flight after I do what they recommended and post it tomorrow. I hope this works, keep your fingers crossed!!!

Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS. Again i contacted dji about this issue and waiting for another response.

What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!
Dji do something!!!

I have a 128gb iPad mini 2 wifi only that I bought specifically for my mavic. I don't have many other app on it as I have an iPad Air 2 as well.
It worked for a little while... but after these most resent firmware update it struggles... after a few minutes of flying I get some serious lag in the video. I turned off video caching and that made most of the lag go away... still see a few blip once and a while.. but when I few on the 4th I got a mobile CPU resource warning..... so now both iPads are up for sale and I plan to get a Mini 4....

View media item 996
Not sure if others have had the same experience...
I hear the Mini4 has the same issue

Reactions: whichwayisup
I am flying with a iPad 4 and I got this message from time to time .... all at latest version ...

Reactions: LUPID
I've noticed I get that when its really hot out, I was flying in 102F heat a few weeks back and I got the cpu fully loaded error.

Well I flew a few flights and the problem STILL EXISTS. Again i contacted dji about this issue and waiting for another response.

What is really needed is an app update that will correct this issue!!!
It's frustrating trying to fly with this bug!!!
Dji do something!!!
NEW update for dji go4 is in the app store version 4.1.4. I only saw 1 review of the new version and it was positive.
Here's the link... "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected"
I will try the new version and post if it solved the CPU overloaded problem.

This makes me feel better knowing that others are having this issue on the IPM4 64gb Cellular. I change to a iphone 7 and I had no issues. Strange.

Yesterday I was trying Orbit in Autopilot My Mavic rose to RTH height, and lost ability to manually control the Mavic, I shutdown the app and started Go 4, while did get control of the Mavic I was receiving continual CPU fully loaded messages. I was using iPhone 6 plus. I tired several times with the same result. ( I know that is a definition of madness) so I am thinking this a firmware update related issue as it seems to effect both Apps. I stand to be corrected. I will try again tonight with ipad mini to see if I get the same messages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser