DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO Stability on Android -vs- IOS

Partizans

Reactions
I see this topic has not been touched upon for more than 7 months, and is worth rehashing because of updates to programs and operating systems...

I'm an Android-tablet user, but am considering purchasing an IOS-tablet just for FPV use with the Mavic Pro (Platinum). The reason is that, supposedly, the DJI GO app crashes more frequently with Android than with IOS. I do not have personal experience with this, but was warned about this by a professional drone user.

Does anyone here have experience with the stability of GO on Android -vs- IOS ? If so, your comments would be greatly appreciated!

It seems like whenever this question is asked and an iPad user answers they get "flamed" and called a "Apple fanboy". So I'll allow the Android users' to answer. Even though the 1,000s of threads on multiple forums speak for themselves.

You would expect more stability in iOS devices since DJI Go 4 was developed in iOS and ported to android. DJI Go 4 is not perfect in android. The latest .18 version crashed a lot especially in my Huawei ascent XT2 and .15 version seems to be the most stable.
On my iPad mini 4 DJI Go 4 has never crashed and has never had any weird issue with screen going black like in android.

I'm an Apple user myself, but I'll answer anyway. You would want neither and I would instead recommend getting a CrystalSky. They are dedicated monitors for outdoor use that you can actually see in direct sunlight. Since you're an Android user, there is a bonus that the OS is Android based on the unit. But it's a dedicated system and Go is very stable on it.

Reactions: Partizans
I use the Huawei ascent XT2 as a dedicated device and it's never crashed using .15 version of DJI GO 4. It is not activated as a phone and has very few apps installed. It's much better in direct sun than most devices and has no video lag. Many people here use it.

Reactions: Partizans
Not unless I post affiliate links on this forum, which I can't/won't. But I push it because it is as good it's being marketed to be.
FYI...Just received my CS Ultra and I actually had to turn the brightness down to a lower setting. OMFG this thing is bright! Can't wait to get out in direct sunlight.

The reason is that, supposedly, the DJI GO app crashes more frequently with Android than with IOS. I do not have personal experience with this, but was warned about this by a professional drone user.

Does anyone here have experience with the stability of GO on Android -vs- IOS ? If so, your comments would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah , The DJI GO app crashes more frequently with Android than with iOS as i have a few android users who have similar problems. as a iPhone user , i don't know exactly why, Probably related to other apps on the iPhone since i have installed an app before use the DJI GO app

Last edited:
I use a samsung S8. Never had a problem and the screen is bright enough to see fine in very bright sunshine
I admit i am not an Apple fan but just telling it as i have found it.

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony