DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam - I have had "enough" I am suing !

Oh- forgot to ask: can you point me to any details of your case? PM me a file or 2? Not interested in anything confidential of course, I thought I'd ask just to see if there is any detail that may help; if not I understand. What I'd be looking for is some US-based DJI employee's contact info so that I can side-step the "DJI Support" people that really are just processing scripts for them. Thanks, appreciated.

Anyone still active here? I just went through a DJI Care issue and would love to join forces with someone on basis of false advertisement. I'm not really sure if there is substantial grounds and I'll leave that to an attorney to let me know, but my story, if anyone cares is as follows:

I had my mavic pro in active track mode, it backed into a tree (my fault, I get it... not putting the blame on the drone, it did as it was told) it crashed and damaged the gimbal. I had DJI Care purchased due to this line on the DJI site: "DJI Care is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI aircraft, gimbal or camera sustained during normal use.During DJI Care’s period of validity, if accidental damage occurs during normal use, repair fees and related costs will be covered by DJI."

as well as "Damaged caused by user error or manufacturer defect is covered under DJI Care Refresh+"

and... "There is no limit to the number of times your aircraft can be repaired, provided the coverage amount is not exceeded."

Also... in the agreement that was emailed to me it states: "For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced."

They sent me a quote for either $130 for the repair, or replacement for $79. IMO that's falsely stating the product can be repaired when in fact it's only a replacement plan and should be stated as such. I know, I'm sure I'll get the responses from a bunch of people saying, "who cares man, you broke your drone, deal with it," but how many people purchased the DJI Care under the impression that it covers repairs? Shouldn't they (the customer) have the right to know what they are getting for their money?

If I'm the only joker in here that thinks we shouldn't allow big companies like DJI to walk all over us then fine, I'll drop it, but I really find that hard to believe. If you're like me and have been duped by DJI and want to try and do something about it email me at [email protected]. I have an attorney friend who has gone after much larger companies than them and has won, so I'm sure this would be a cakewalk for him.

Reactions: FASTFJR
They sent me a quote for either $130 for the repair, or replacement for $79. IMO that's falsely stating the product can be repaired when in fact it's only a replacement plan and should be stated as such. I know, I'm sure I'll get the responses from a bunch of people saying, "who cares man, you broke your drone, deal with it," but how many people purchased the DJI Care under the impression that it covers repairs? Shouldn't they (the customer) have the right to know what they are getting for their money?

If I'm the only joker in here that thinks we shouldn't allow big companies like DJI to walk all over us then fine, I'll drop it, but I really find that hard to believe. If you're like me and have been duped by DJI and want to try and do something about it email me at [email protected]. I have an attorney friend who has gone after much larger companies than them and has won, so I'm sure this would be a cakewalk for him.

I did some quick looking and here is what I found:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Extended Warranty Service:
DJI commits that repair fees (including material fees and labor fees) will be covered under DJI Care Refresh + if your product has a manufacturing defect within the coverage period.
1. If your product suffers performance failures due to product quality issues during normal use and is sent to DJI’s official service center within the coverage period for repairs; repair fees will be covered by DJI.
2. You will pay the repair fees resulting from any damage uncovered by DJI Care Refresh + or other related services you’ve purchased.

Replacement Service:
For an additional charge, a replacement service will be provided for product damage caused by accidents. DJI agrees to provide replacement products for an additional fee based on the agreement if damage occurs accidentally under normal use to a covered aircraft, gimbal and camera within the coverage period. When your product is replaced under DJI Care Refresh +, a replacement unit in new or like-new condition in terms of performance and reliability will be sent to you.Replaced units under the Replacement Service may vary based on the product model.

Details of replacement service conditions are listed below:
a. Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or other accidents, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the product is sent to DJI for replacement within the coverage period. The replacement service will be provided by DJI’s official service center in which your DJI Care Refresh + was purchased.

1. DJI Care Refresh + provides one chance to replace your products. After you claim for replacement of your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh +, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the Replacement Service. Then DJI Care Refresh Replacement Service will then be terminated, but Extended Warranty Service is still valid within the warranty period.

Replacement Fee:
Mavic Pro/Mavic Pro Alpine White: $79

I'm not clear on what the issue is.

Any insurance, in this case "DJI Care Refresh" is in the business of making money, not losing it. So the more they deny claims, or make you pay for repairs, the more profit for them.

Thanks for the responses. The two DJI reps (CSR and Supervisor) just kept repeating what the quote stated "Out of warranty and not covered." Every time I would ask about why the website and service agreement said that repairs were part of DJI Care they would go back to the book with their stock messages "I understand that you are concerned about your repair, do you want to pay the replacement or the repair?" It's just irritating but my goal is not to bring DJI down... I just want there to be an awareness about what the plan covers so others can make a choice based on reality, not on the falsities of their site.

PS - I eventually got nowhere so I paid the replacement because I'm droneless at this point and miss the little guy.

I don't think anyone is concerned that you will (or can) "bring DJI down". :p
lol... I know. I also know that there are people out there who think they can and should go after big companies just for fun. I'm just trying to say, I'm not out there trying to attack a company for no reason. I do love my mavic and would still recommend them to others.

lol... I know. I also know that there are people out there who think they can and should go after big companies just for fun. I'm just trying to say, I'm not out there trying to attack a company for no reason. I do love my mavic and would still recommend them to others.

I'm still failing to see your issue with DJI.

I've filed suit against DJI and settled the claim. I also have nothing against them and continue to buy their products. Collecting money owed is nothing personal to me, it is just business. So when people come here (the OP... which BTW, it simply a liar) and scream about class action lawsuits and the like, I just see people beating their Internet chest.

Reactions: Vilco
I'm still failing to see your issue with DJI.

I've filed suit against DJI and settled the claim. I also have nothing against them and continue to buy their products. Collecting money owed is nothing personal to me, it is just business. So when people come here (the OP... which BTW, it simply a liar) and scream about class action lawsuits and the like, I just see people beating their Internet chest.

My issue with DJI is that they are advertising a service that they don't provide. I, and others I know read that they cover repairs for their products under the DJI Care package. That's what got me to buy it, but DJI does not cover repairs under that plan and so again, the issue I have with them is that they are misleading people to buy a service just to profit from it. Do you disagree that their site is misleading? To quote my original post, the statement "Damaged caused by user error or manufacturer defect is covered under DJI Care Refresh+" to me means that it would be.

My issue with DJI is that they are advertising a service that they don't provide. I, and others I know read that they cover repairs for their products under the DJI Care package. That's what got me to buy it, but DJI does not cover repairs under that plan and so again, the issue I have with them is that they are misleading people to buy a service just to profit from it. Do you disagree that their site is misleading? To quote my original post, the statement "Damaged caused by user error or manufacturer defect is covered under DJI Care Refresh+" to me means that it would be.

As I read it, DJI covers the damages. I think "repairs" would include replacement as this is a form of repair. DJI states that they won't repair certain items on the Mavic. It appears that at least of one those items was damaged in your crash. An example of why this makes sense is if props were damaged in the crash. Would you think DJI should _repair_ props or replace them? If I understand it correctly, DJI offered to repair the Mavic for $139 or replace it for $79. I quoted above that DJI's Care Plus plan allows them to charge $79 to replace the Mavic. I'm guessing it also allows them to repair it for $130. Are you saying that you'd rather pay $130 to have it repaired?

I guess I'm missing something... it seems that you sent in your Mavic for "repairs" and they offered to replace it for the agreed to $79.

They sent me a quote for either $130 for the repair, or replacement for $79. IMO that's falsely stating the product can be repaired when in fact it's only a replacement plan and should be stated as such.

This is what I'm confused about... as mentioned above, you seem to only be upset because they won't repair the Mavic, only replace it. But your post states that they sent you an email quoting you $130 to repair it. So they did offer to repair the Mavic?

As I read it, DJI covers the damages. I think "repairs" would include replacement as this is a form of repair. DJI states that they won't repair certain items on the Mavic. It appears that at least of one those items was damaged in your crash. An example of why this makes sense is if props were damaged in the crash. Would you think DJI should _repair_ props or replace them? If I understand it correctly, DJI offered to repair the Mavic for $139 or replace it for $79. I quoted above that DJI's Care Plus plan allows them to charge $79 to replace the Mavic. I'm guessing it also allows them to repair it for $130. Are you saying that you'd rather pay $130 to have it repaired?

I guess I'm missing something... it seems that you sent in your Mavic for "repairs" and they offered to replace it for the agreed to $79.

This is what I'm confused about... as mentioned above, you seem to only be upset because they won't repair the Mavic, only replace it. But your post states that they sent you an email quoting you $130 to repair it. So they did offer to repair the Mavic?

Ok, I see the confusion. The DJI Care service states that you get "Unlimited Repairs." With the replacement you only get 1 (the new package offers 2 replacements, but regardless). They did not offer to repair it as part of the service plan, no.

So.. I think of it this way. Let's say we're playing a video game that gives me 100% health. Every time I get hit I lose some health right? If I die, I lose a life. I only get 1 life. The way I see it is that if I only damaged the gimbal on the mavic I'm losing a % of health and don't see why I need to give up the life. Meaning, my contract is no longer valid with them because I've met their quota of replacements (aka 1).

You are correct techtitan, you could have paid $130 and had it repaired, you would still have left, your 1 'life' under care refresh.
What it they rang you and said repairs $673.20 or replacement $79...

You are correct techtitan, you could have paid $130 and had it repaired, you would still have left, your 1 'life' under care refresh.
What it they rang you and said repairs $673.20 or replacement $79...
Yeah, that.... Or.... DJI could have covered the $130 like their website says they do. Meaning I pay $0. The site is just misleading and I'm over it. I but the bullet and paid the replacement. I could have fixed it myself for $30 but who cares... It's over, so for my next drone I will just skip DJI Care... And fly more carefully.

They sent me a quote for either $130 for the repair, or replacement for $79.
They did not offer to repair it as part of the service plan, no.

So they did not say that they would repair it for $130 as posted. Okay.

What I mentioned above still applies. They stated up front that they won't repair certain things. It appears that the damages to your Mavic included items that they stated would not be repaired, so they offered to replace it.

I understand that you don't like that it was not repairable but this was not DJI's fault. They did not give you incorrect information and they actually mentioned up front that they would not repair Mavic's with certain damages.

I’ve owned DJI products for years, never once purchasing insurance, DJI Refresh etc. If I lose it, oh well. I fly long distances on a regular basis, mostly over water. If it disappears, it’s gone as I’m not going to look for it. Yes, it’s an expensive hobby but the last thing I’m going to waste my time with is endless phone calls with DJI, My time is worth way more than the aggravation one endures with an attempt to file a claim with an overseas manufacturer.

Reactions: Simmo
So they did not say that they would repair it for $130 as posted. Okay.

What I mentioned above still applies. They stated up front that they won't repair certain things. It appears that the damages to your Mavic included items that they stated would not be repaired, so they offered to replace it.

I understand that you don't like that it was not repairable but this was not DJI's fault. They did not give you incorrect information and they actually mentioned up front that they would not repair Mavic's with certain damages.

Sounds like someone is a troll for DJI lol, but sure, I'll keep the debate going. You say that they were up front about what they would cover and you're right. They said in the service agreement that gimbals on the mavic pro can be replaced and that's the only thing that broke on mine. So yeah, it is DJIs fault in this instance because they aren't covering what it says in the agreement. Again, that statement in the agreement says "For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced."

Sounds like someone is a troll for DJI lol, but sure, I'll keep the debate going. You say that they were up front about what they would cover and you're right. They said in the service agreement that gimbals on the mavic pro can be replaced and that's the only thing that broke on mine. So yeah, it is DJIs fault in this instance because they aren't covering what it says in the agreement. Again, that statement in the agreement says "For the Mavic series and Spark, the aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers can be replaced."

Just because I'm pointing out your errors and DJI's statements does not make me a troll. I also quoted DJI's policy above showing you are incorrect. I'll list it below again and bold the areas that apply:

Details of replacement service conditions are listed below:
a. Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or other accidents, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the product is sent to DJI for replacement within the coverage period. The replacement service will be provided by DJI’s official service center in which your DJI Care Refresh + was purchased.

You stated that DJI gave a quote to repair the Mavic for $130 but then stated that they did not do this. You then mentioned that they stated they should repair your gimbal but the quotes right from their website state that they don't, they replace the Mavic if the gimbal is damaged.

I'm sorry if you are upset about the situation but I think DJI was very clear on the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian