DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam - I have had "enough" I am suing !

If I am on a property and I am using a drone that is not mine and do damage, State Farm will not insure me.
If they asked for a serial number for a liability policy I suspect that this is the case but I also don't see why it would matter.The exposure is _you_ operating a drone. I don't see that it really matters what drone you are operating at the time, especially if it's the same type of drone. The exposure State Farm is insuring is the same. You may want to confirm this.

Also, I'm not seeing the issue. Does the new drone not have a serial number? If it does (and it should) why not simply update the serial number on your policy with State Farm?

Also - not sure if you have a business insurance plan via State Farm - but that is how the drones in my company are insured. I first contacted State Farm and they were in on each email. Because the drone was repairable, State Farm expected the same drone back. WITH the same serial number. So after contacted them to let them know what happened, the underwriting department sent this short statement: "The complete set of documents stated YOUR drone was fixable, being fixed, tested and returned. At no place in the documentation were you notified that it was not repairable. Because you are stating after accepting the return that it is a different serial number, there is potential fraud and we must protect ourselves by cancelling your policy. Please direct any questions to your agent". I can understand how they see it. To them it looks VERY fishy - all of the communication from DJI shows my drone was fixed - even q/a'd like i said before.
I'm still confused if you are referring to a liability policy with State Farm or coverage for damage to the drone itself.

State Farm really sent something to you in writing that has the word fraud in it? That is BIG no-no in the insurance industry (we call that the "F" word). If someone from State Farm put that in writing, I'd SERIOUSLY question their intelligence.

I still don't see why they would not simply change the serial number on the policy and call it a day. Makes no sense to me.

I wish i was an attorney. I would take this case. DJI cant be so busy that they cant contact every customer within hours of an incident. I mean how many DJI customers can there be? They should have one hand on the phone waiting for our calls, and the techs should recognize my drone right away when I send it in.
As A good attorney, I might be able to make HUNDREDS of dollars on this case........

If this was any other chinese company no one would care, Lots of Chinese quadcopters advertise to do certain things and some times they don't do them or don't do them well. But I guess since DJI is well known, they are different.
I think I know you from a pew pew forum..

"tere hanges?

Take $800 or so out of that “$20,000” job you mentioned, replace your Mavic and call it a day. If you’re making that kind of dough with your drones, the cost of a new Mavic is a drop in the bucket. Your time is worth way more than wasting it venting on this forum and especially to the deaf ears at DJI.

I have a situation where I have my own INSURANCE (State Farm). My drone had a small crash from 3 feet. ONLY THE GIMBAL MOUNT WAS BROKEN. I sent it for repair, have a chat session where I asked if my drone was NOT repairable I would be given the option to get it back. However, I was told MY DRONE WAS BEING REPAIRED - THAT MY DRONE WAS BEING RETURNED - EVEN THAT MY DRONE WAS Q/A TESTED - yet I received back a drone that is not my serial number and not my drone. State Farm will no longer insure me without my SPECIFIC drone SERIAL NUMBER. I need to know if ANYONE can point me in the right direction. I was lied to - given false information and from what I can read about the law on consumer products - this is FRAUD. From what I can read - it seems that they could make the choice to replace my drone with a refurbished product but they have to give me the choice to get back my drone or to accept a refurbished one. To make matters worse - the one they sent me is DEFECTIVE - One of the bottom Sonar's Sensors makes an AUDIBLE clicking noise. I also have a contract to do $20k of work - I need my drone back in order to do this. If I am on a property and I am using a drone that is not mine and do damage, State Farm will not insure me. I don't understand how a company like this wants to treat customers like this. THIS IS SUCH CLEAR FRAUD - AND I AM TIRED OF BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF This is ridiculous the way this company treats people. I immediately called them and for a week now, I have been pushed around from China to New Jersey and I can NOT get a clear answer. First they said it was repairable and charged me for it. Then after I got it back and the Serial Number changed - I call them and am told that it was NOT repairable. This is a bunch of LYING CHINESE PEOPLE overseas who only care about ripping us off. Can someone give me advice here - is there a case I can be part of. Contact me here or at [email protected]

Hi there, I am suing DJI at this present time. I have already filed my complaint against DJI in the State Court of California.

Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal bracket fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

The plan that DJI has is most people would simply pay (whatever) just to get their Mavic back.

This is systemic and intentional by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud RICO lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to help with legal fees. I have that handled.

Hi! I have a similar issue with DJI. I am in Canada and will be initiating a Civil Lawsuit here and then registering the judgement with DJI in their jurisdiction. Can you point me to any updates on your suit? Q: Does DJI have any corporate office in the USA?

I'm sure you know this already...DJI is very poor to uphold their Limited Liability warranty contract but of course my lawsuit (and I assume yours) is based on the "Implied Warranty" law.

Reactions: wisesafe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King