DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam - I have had "enough" I am suing !

Just because I'm pointing out your errors and DJI's statements does not make me a troll. I also quoted DJI's policy above showing you are incorrect. I'll list it below again and bold the areas that apply:

Details of replacement service conditions are listed below:
a. Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or other accidents, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the product is sent to DJI for replacement within the coverage period. The replacement service will be provided by DJI’s official service center in which your DJI Care Refresh + was purchased.

You stated that DJI gave a quote to repair the Mavic for $130 but then stated that they did not do this. You then mentioned that they stated they should repair your gimbal but the quotes right from their website state that they don't, they replace the Mavic if the gimbal is damaged.

I'm sorry if you are upset about the situation but I think DJI was very clear on the issue.

I have a contract that they sent me which states otherwise. Also, I'm not upset by anything, I'm getting a replacement... super cool right? The problem with the policy you described is that I don't have DJI Care Refresh+. I have DJI Care, and I'm not sure why they have so many, I'm sure you'll know that reason, but the page I got it through can be found here: DJI care - keep flying

The problem with the policy you described is that I don't have DJI Care Refresh+. I have DJI Care, and I'm not sure why they have so many, I'm sure you'll know that reason, but the page I got it through can be found here: DJI care - keep flying

Sorry, I read the reply that they sent you in which they mention Plus. But you did only mention Care. DJI has serious problems with naming things. They clear don't plan ahead. Started with the upteen Phantom 3's and carried over to the terrible Phantom 4's. At least there was a Phantom 4 before the Phantom 4 Pro... there never was a Mavic. Just a Mavic Pro. Seems this carried over the their warranties.

I don't know the plans very well. Really just what I've looked over in this thread. Personally, I think the Personal Article Policy from State Farm is a much better deal.

DJI does a _terrible_ job with any of the warranties they offer. This includes the original warranty. It does not even meet the requirements under the Magnuson-Moss Act (US). They only publish the warranty online and this is changed every so often (I have my own addition in it now). Obviously the updates/changes don't apply to someone who bought their drone prior to the change but unless the person downloads the warranty page prior to the change, they won't know what applies. On a side note... DJI keeps outdated manuals online... but not prior warranties. "Odd".

Did some more checking. I think what you have is DJI Care Refresh. As far as I can tell, DJI Care is only available on the Phantom's and not the Mavics.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

If this is correct.... yes, it is simply another care of terrible naming by DJI.

Edit: There is something screwy with the forum... I'm losing post and edits are not being saved.

I can't post everything that was lost but basically, it appears DJI Care is not available for the Mavic Pro, the DJI Care Refresh is. According to DJI, DJI Care Refresh covers _2_ replacements, not 1. There is a $79 cost for the 1st replacement and something like $159 for the second. My prior post contained a bunch of links as confirmation.

Last edited:
Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal bracket fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

The plan that DJI has is most people would simply pay (whatever) just to get their Mavic back.

This is systemic and intentional by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud RICO lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to help with legal fees. I have that handled.
I had my gimble stop working 3 months after my purchase of my drone. I sent in the drone & they wanted 350.00 to repair. I paid the fee & upon getting the drone back I couldn't get it to connect & it was still saying gimble motor overload so they had me ship the drone & remote saying that it was also a remote issue after trying to trobleshoot. I didn't report the problem within their 30 day period of fixing the problem so now they are telling me it will be another 470.00 to fix the gimble that they should have done the first time. After 2 weeks of them reviewing claim & never calling back when they said they would they are now sending my broken drone & remote back to me and will not budge. I hope they send me the remote because they also had said that I never sent to remote & had me send the ups receipts to prove it was in the box. I own a company & would be out of business if I treated customers this way.
Richard Craft

2245 N. 7th St.
Phx,Az 85006

I had my gimble stop working 3 months after my purchase of my drone. I sent in the drone & they wanted 350.00 to repair. I paid the fee & upon getting the drone back I couldn't get it to connect & it was still saying gimble motor overload so they had me ship the drone & remote saying that it was also a remote issue after trying to trobleshoot. I didn't report the problem within their 30 day period of fixing the problem so now they are telling me it will be another 470.00 to fix the gimble that they should have done the first time. After 2 weeks of them reviewing claim & never calling back when they said they would they are now sending my broken drone & remote back to me and will not budge. I hope they send me the remote because they also had said that I never sent to remote & had me send the ups receipts to prove it was in the box. I own a company & would be out of business if I treated customers this way.
Richard Craft

2245 N. 7th St.
Phx,Az 85006
Three months old should be NO charge warranty repair. I think you may have left a very important part of your story out. Tell us about the CRASH that damaged the drone please.

Three months old should be NO charge warranty repair. I think you may have left a very important part of your story out. Tell us about the CRASH that damaged the drone please.

That is what I was just thinking. I'm guessing it was a non-warranty repair initially. So my question is then, did DJI provide any information showing that any issues with the repairs needed to be brought to their attention within 30 days? But also, why would the poster not have tested the repair prior to 30 days expiring?

That is what I was just thinking. I'm guessing it was a non-warranty repair initially. So my question is then, did DJI provide any information showing that any issues with the repairs needed to be brought to their attention within 30 days? But also, why would the poster not have tested the repair prior to 30 days expiring?
It wouldnt surprise me if there is a 30 day warranty on non warranty repairs. That is pretty much an industry standard. What does surprise me is it took more than 30 days for a problem to be discovered.

Reactions: Dustydoug
Over the last year or so I have had a few minor "accidents" with my DJI drones (I have P4, P4P, Inspire 1 V2.0, Mavic, Spark). Each time, even though it might be a warranty issue or a very minor repair, they send me an invoice for some $500 to $600 with listed replacements of body, landing gear etc etc that in no way needed repair. I DO have DJI care on everything. Then they tell me that if I want to use DJI Care it's (whatever deductible is). I usually pay this ransom. Recently I had a gimbal bracket fail on Mavic Pro. Gimbal is fine, ribbon is fine, camera is fine. Again they send a $600 repair invoice replacing almost everything. I call and email for weeks. Finally get to "Jake" in China. he says "no worries", it would be warranty and I'll send you an email and take care of it. No email. I call and email 6 more times, get chased in circles, each time with DJI saying they'll contact "Jake". Over a month they have my Mavic !

The plan that DJI has is most people would simply pay (whatever) just to get their Mavic back.

This is systemic and intentional by DJI.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud RICO lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action.

Those that have similar issues can feel free to contact me. I am not looking to other "victims" to help with legal fees. I have that handled.

DUDE SERIOUSLY CONTACT ME I share the same exact issue. Mine is even worst, my drones come in faulty from factory, and i’m responsible that one crashed into a ritz carlton building by itself (gps lost it in front of my eyes) the other one cut my arm 4 times (almost took my kids eyes for malfunction so I ran to save him) and the other one went 2mph on its way back to me and got lost in the woods then it switched to return home mode and that did it for me.

Now i bought an inspire 1 v2 with dji care, read every single line from the dji care policy, called in and confirmed, the scammers from DJI said they would cover even accidental severe damages at no extra cost. I get to replace it free 2 times, that’s what the plan is for, she said.

Please contact me I have a strong case too.

Here’s their reply after going back and fourth for 2 weeks:

Ejay (DJI Support)

5月8日 CST06:58

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry but the repair team assessed that the damage was not caused by a product malfunction and not covered by warranty. They also check that the Aircraft does not have DJI Care.

I'm sorry but the repair case was already closed and there's nothing more than I can do. You also refused the delivery of the drone and it was sent back to our facility. There will be a cost to send it back to you.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products.
Best Regards,
Ejay
Manager, DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support

DUDE SERIOUSLY CONTACT ME I share the same exact issue. Mine is even worst, my drones come in faulty from factory, and i’m responsible that one crashed into a ritz carlton building by itself (gps lost it in front of my eyes) the other one cut my arm 4 times (almost took my kids eyes for malfunction so I ran to save him) and the other one went 2mph on its way back to me and got lost in the woods then it switched to return home mode and that did it for me.

Now i bought an inspire 1 v2 with dji care, read every single line from the dji care policy, called in and confirmed, the scammers from DJI said they would cover even accidental severe damages at no extra cost. I get to replace it free 2 times, that’s what the plan is for, she said.

Please contact me I have a strong case too.

Here’s their reply after going back and fourth for 2 weeks:

Ejay (DJI Support)

5月8日 CST06:58

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry but the repair team assessed that the damage was not caused by a product malfunction and not covered by warranty. They also check that the Aircraft does not have DJI Care.

I'm sorry but the repair case was already closed and there's nothing more than I can do. You also refused the delivery of the drone and it was sent back to our facility. There will be a cost to send it back to you.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products.
Best Regards,
Ejay
Manager, DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support
Yep- that sounds like an awesome case. Hands down win no doubt.

Do you have the flight logs for your crash flight?

The only hope you might have is to demonstrate that there was the issue should be covered by warranty. You will need to demonstrate that obviously to have a hope of success in any action you may take.

Plenty of people here who can help you with the log file analysis.

Reactions: tleedom
Poor guy, sounds like he got at least 4 defective DJI drones in a row......... LOL!

Tall buildings made of metal tend to mess with GPS. Getting too close to moving props will cut your arms. Flying low in woods and then losing signal can cause RTH issues. Should have bought a couple Sparks to learn the basics before moving up to expensive stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78