DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Scam - I have had "enough" I am suing !

Hi! I have a similar issue with DJI. I am in Canada and will be initiating a Civil Lawsuit here and then registering the judgement with DJI in their jurisdiction. Can you point me to any updates on your suit? Q: Does DJI have any corporate office in the USA?

I'm sure you know this already...DJI is very poor to uphold their Limited Liability warranty contract but of course my lawsuit (and I assume yours) is based on the "Implied Warranty" law.

Based on prior posts, it was all bark and no bite.

DJI will bury you in court. They will hire a local firm who will ultimately win. Let it go and move on. Fact of life. A state or government will be the only one who can take them on.

Last edited:
Excuse me a moment @rsauder ,
The rest of you I have not read all but this last page as of now but please chill down .

Be Nice.jpeg

I know DJI isn't perfect, but they have been very fair with me with all my repair issues. Three issues so far: 1 was my fault and I paid for the repair, 1 was their fault and they covered it. The third and and most expensive repair was a Mavic that dropped from the sky. Honestly NO idea what happened: failed prop, bird/bat strike, pellet gun???? NO IDEA -- they covered me 100%.

Some people should switch to RC trucks. They take a beating better. :)

Hi! I have a similar issue with DJI. I am in Canada and will be initiating a Civil Lawsuit here and then registering the judgement with DJI in their jurisdiction. Can you point me to any updates on your suit? Q: Does DJI have any corporate office in the USA?

I'm sure you know this already...DJI is very poor to uphold their Limited Liability warranty contract but of course my lawsuit (and I assume yours) is based on the "Implied Warranty" law.

As you know, this post I pretty old. I think it is obvious that none of the claims made by Skyler (corrected) were true. No suit was filed as promised and no supports were shown for such a suit. Yet another person beating their chest on the Internet.

What you will find difficult is moving a judgement from Canada to California. This may very well cost you more then your actual loss.

DJI's only office in the US is in California.

DJI will bury you in court. They will hire a local firm who will ultimately win. Let it go and move on. Fact of life. A state or government will be the only one who can take them on.

Not in small claims court. It is _very_ easy to bring a case and only spend a few hours of time on it. If the claim is small enough they probably won't even hire an attorney as it would be far cheaper to ether settle or send someone from DJI to represent themselves.

I even get my own entry into the warranty:

Received product has not been sent back to DJI seven (7) calendar days after replacement confirmation from DJI.

DJI's warranty is still very poorly written. It does not even comply with US warranty requirements.

Received product has not been sent back to DJI seven (7) calendar days after replacement confirmation from DJI.

What does this mean? You want to sue them because YOU didnt send your drone in after they gave you a week to do it?

We already addressed your issues in the DJI forum. It was pilot error. Why would you sue because you let your drone crash?

What does this mean? You want to sue them because YOU didnt send your drone in after they gave you a week to do it?

After I filed suit, they added that to the warranty. It was one of the issues as to why they denied my warranty claim.

On Wednesday I will bring a fraud RICO lawsuit in United States District Court which will likely turn into a class action...

Hard to believe poor customer service can rise to the level of racketeering in this situation unless it devolves into murder, kidnapping, arson, extortion, or something a bit more than ignoring emails.

DJI Customer Service Makes A House Call:
Come Out Here Drone Man I Wanna Discuss Your Warranty Claim
OutsideDoorKick2_lo-1038x778.jpg

Reactions: Sprinter
Hard to believe poor customer service can rise to the level of racketeering in this situation unless it devolves into murder, kidnapping, arson, extortion, or something a bit more than ignoring emails.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that it was all just Internet chest beating (i.e. BS).

Based on prior posts, it was all bark and no bite.

No bark, I'm all bite :). You could be right about my success chances but you must not be aware of the several class actions that have already been initiated. I prefer to just deal with DJI fairly and move on, but they are not being fair at all, in fact quite ignorant. I'll only try a civil suit because defending issues with these types of regulations is part of my profession. The major difficulty with this or any civil/class action against DJI is that China is one of very few countries that are not a signatory to the established international law with respect to consumer protection laws. So when you deal with a Chinese company it really is buyer-beware because in cases like this, the consumer may EASILY win the case in a Canadian/US action, but getting the judgement to be enforceable in DJI's jurisdiction may be next to impossible. FYI, DJI's Limited Warranty expressly excludes themselves from any responsibility resulting from any software defects not many people know or understand this...however in the US/Can/EU we are protected by such under the laws related to 'Limited Liability" ...

FYI, my post was (I thought) directed towards an individual who had recently filed a US based class action- so I was reaching out to him specifically- not the general masses or moderators that have no competence in this area...

Last edited:
Reactions: Qoncussion
We already addressed your issues in the DJI forum. It was pilot error. Why would you sue because you let your drone crash?

You think that YOUR opinion 'solved it'. LOL. The facts don't need to be believed by you, you should just respect that you disagree with my data and evidence and don't assume you're right (incl. being overly judgmental and insert your own facts or perceptions.) when you've taken little time to understand my specific circumstances and pure intentions Keep helping others though, I can't fault you for that.

The major difficulty with this or any civil/class action against DJI is that China is one of very few countries that are not a signatory to the established international law with respect to consumer protection laws. So when you deal with a Chinese company it really is buyer-beware. FYI, DJI's Limited Warranty expressly excludes themselves from any responsibility resulting from any software defects...however in the US/Can/EU we are protected by such under the laws related to 'Limited Liability" ...

DJI has an office in California. They are subject to US law. IMHO those people who post about class action lawsuits and other such things are usually just Internet chest beating. Just file in small claims court and be done with it. It is easy and quick.

DJI has an office in California. They are subject to US law. IMHO those people who post about class action lawsuits and other such things are usually just Internet chest beating. Just file in small claims court and be done with it. It is easy and quick.

Thanks, I agree with that position...that most people say these things to blow smoke. I personally didn't think my statement was a juvenile "gonna take you to court" thing. I'm not some 14yr old hobbyist either who's upset in a lost toy :) I've extensive experience in this area, and am considering an action based on the principle of my experience. I could easily just replace and 'move on' but my motivations are more directed at seeking proper justice for my specific details (at the surface one would just dismiss this as 'pilot error' as DJI has; but the truth is different matter and I personally wouldn't care in the least bit if it was my error - I've crashed and burned before and don't have any issue with accepting responsibility when it is due). I see they do have this office in CA. Not sure it is enough to hold the judgement enforceable on DJI though...DJI operates out of a few different LLC's. Their support/warranty is actually a separate legal company- to distance/protect their parent company from $$. I was hoping to get some specific legal info from someone who has done all the filings to save a bit of time in my research. Did you do one of the recent US class actions - I was sure I directed my OP towards someone I though had this experience...was hoping to find this person here; if not I will find him directly by other means....

Tcope, did you ever look into Utah's Consumer Protection Act statute? Some of these CPAs prohibit false or misleading statements either in advertising or in connection with product sale, repair service or warranty and pack bigger wallop than breach of warranty claim because they may allow court to award punitive damages and attorneys fees and enjoin or correct sales practices. Its one way to level the playing field a little against massive opponent.

Reactions: rsauder
Not sure I understand what your are saying here???? Did I say something wrong?
I was posting and you posted before me so that was for those above your post not at you.Sorry it looked that way .

I see they do have this office in CA. Not sure it is enough to hold the judgement enforceable on DJI though...DJI operates out of a few different LLC's.
DJI has assets in CA which is what matters. The difficulty is if you sue in another state, which is what most would do. In my case DJI did not file an answer and did not file an answer. I did not want a default as I'd then need to try to move it to CA which would be a huge pain. At the last hearing, they showed up. We negotiated a settlement. They could have simply called me to discuss but they never did. They were _very_ unorganized. The person they sent was very a wonderful person. What you are really aiming for is that the lawsuit will get them to take the matter seriously and start a conversation.

Did you do one of the recent US class actions - I was sure I directed my OP towards someone I though had this experience...was hoping to find this person here; if not I will find him directly by other means....
I filed in small claims court. I doubt you will get a response from the OP... his post was just BS.

Tcope, did you ever look into Utah's Consumer Protection Act statute? Some of these CPAs prohibit false or misleading statements either in advertising or in connection with product sale, repair service or warranty and pack bigger wallop than breach of warranty claim because they may allow court to award punitive damages and attorneys fees and enjoin or correct sales practices. Its one way to level the playing field a little against massive opponent.

You are correct here Chip
I was posting and you posted before me so that was for those above your post not at you.Sorry it looked that way .

No worries, I'm just experiencing some of your "well known members" to have some sort of god-complex here in these forums...so I was just concerned it was a cultural-thing with Mavic Pilots (my first few posts in MP was met by some lunatic that accused me of having bad-motives and the thread actually had to be closed by my request). I know it's commonplace for this behavior in general in forums :) All good, no worries and thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: dirkclod
DJI has assets in CA which is what matters. The difficulty is if you sue in another state, which is what most would do. In my case DJI did not file an answer and did not file an answer. I did not want a default as I'd then need to try to move it to CA which would be a huge pain. At the last hearing, they showed up. We negotiated a settlement. They could have simply called me to discuss but they never did. They were _very_ unorganized. The person they sent was very a wonderful person. What you are really aiming for is that the lawsuit will get them to take the matter seriously and start a conversation.

I filed in small claims court. I doubt you will get a response from the OP... his post was just BS.

I hear ya. I'm in Canada so it is a bit different and my strategy is likely to shift to a simple civil case and not class action. Agreed re 'conversation'...I consider legal issues as just a 'higher form of communication"...it's really just a way to do business nowadays when one party refuses to respect their legal responsibilities, nothing personal or bully-ish about doing it. If someone/company won't talk with you, you simply get a 3rd party to settle the dispute- then move on...like big boys :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian