DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone hyperlapse at night

Beautiful! I am new to this, and footage like this is why I purchased my drone. I hope that I can learn the skills necessary to create footage 1/2 as good as this!

Thank you! It is not that difficult. The key is the workflow with LRTimelapse, Lightroom and single RAW images. There are many tutorials about this if you search for LRTimelapse. I always used an interval of 2 seconds, manual camera settings and of course RAW photos saved on the card.

Mate this is absolutely incredible. I love hyperlapses. Yours are the best I've ever seen I think. I read your website and the effort you put into this video is off the charts. It was well worth it though, so many unbelievable shots.

Well done, I've subscribed and I look forward to your next one. Have you picked a location for it yet?

• Love
Reactions: sleeplessin.ch
Mate this is absolutely incredible. I love hyperlapses. Yours are the best I've ever seen I think. I read your website and the effort you put into this video is off the charts. It was well worth it though, so many unbelievable shots.

Well done, I've subscribed and I look forward to your next one. Have you picked a location for it yet?

Thank you so much!
I don't know yet. Unfortunately traveling outside my country seems not possible this year. So I will probably do something in the Swiss mountains.

Reactions: Pablo
This is the most mesmerizing video I've seen on this site. As if the evening scenes weren't enough, the clouds took it to another level.
To all the DaVinci users out there.....is there a way to steady the hyperlapse in that software? The Lightroom video shown here is rock solid smooth!

Wow, that was superb. Best hyperlapse I have seen and beautifully edited. I have the M2P and can only dream of aspiring to this. Have subscribed to your channel.

P.S. What sort of height got you above the clouds (just interested, don't answer if it may compramise you)

I must admit I thought he was flying too high for a lot of it, but technically he wasn't. I checked his website (well worth a visit). He was taking off from a nearby mountain. From his website:

It took me a total of 153 drone flights and 45 hours flight time to get the final result. Zug is a small business city in central Switzerland. It is also known as "Crypto Valley". It's located next to a small mountain (Zugerberg) from where I could start and land my drone safe.

Can only respect and admire him for the effort he put into this. It's epic.

Website: Drone over the clouds and the city, awesome drone night hyperlapse, Sleepless in Zug 4k

I did wonder if any of that cloud was added in in post though? It looks incredible.

Thank to all for the feedbacks :)

@RockyMtns some people wrote me they use a stabilization in DaVinci. But don't get it as smooth. WarpStabilizater is really one of the best. Maybe you can use a trial version or rent the Adobe software just for one month to do that if you don't need it to often.

@k84040 & @Pablo yes, I didn't go high up as I started on a mountain close to my home. Also Switzerland doesn't have a hight limit for drones for now. But they plan to take over the easa regulations next year.

Reactions: Pablo
Hi, I just published another drone hyperlapse video. I took single RAW images with an interval of 2 sec. Then edited in Lightroom and LRtimelapse. Finally I used WarpStabilizer to get it smooth.

I really love my Mavic 2 Pro...

Dear Sleepless:

That was one of the most fantastic videos I have seen in a long, long while!!! Extremely well done! I have a few questions. did you have Line of Vision through the clouds? How did you find your drone through the clouds? I would be worried sick about losing my drone in the dark like this. I am well familiar with timelapse, hyperlapse, Lightroom, and LRTimelapse, Warp Stabilization, etc. which I have been using regularly for 5 years. I could do the technical software processing but I don't think I could ever fly like this! Did you take off in the dark or just after the sun had set? How much ambient light did you have to allow the drone? So many questions! I wish I could watch you do one of these.

Dale
Miami

Love the video, excellent job. I have taken a few time lapse videos with my DSLR, but not yet any with a drone. This gives something to aspire to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest