DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Rescue by a Pro

Chaosrider

Reactions
Here's the video of my Tree Pro rescuing my drone Defiant yesterday. Look at how precise he is in his movements. He did no damage to the drone at all.

And for context, this drone fell through 75 ft of pine tree, froze overnight in 23º F weather, was rescued as shown here, and then flew later that day with no repair work of any kind.

If it hadn't happened, I'd say it was impossible.

Amazing!

:)

TCS

Here's the video of my Tree Pro rescuing my drone Defiant yesterday. Look at how precise he is in his movements. He did no damage to the drone at all.

And for context, this drone fell through 75 ft of pine tree, froze overnight in 23º F weather, was rescued as shown here, and then flew later that day with no repair work of any kind.

Amazing!

TCS
Awesome, glad everyone survived.

@MAVE (Little bird) thanks i try to inject some humour on the forum
my one liners have amused many members over my time here
and of course i have my avatar's reputation to live up to

Amazing!

TCS
The lesson here stay away from 75 ft. Pine Trees

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
That spin at the end was , the surprise victory dance. Awesome.
I think it should be mandatory that all drone pilots have tree climbing skills with a rope Sign me up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the storm.
Or alternatively, just like a Visual Observer, you can get someone else to do it...

;-)

This guy really was amazing. I had never seen anything like that in real life before.

TCS

The lesson here stay away from 75 ft. Pine Trees
Actually, it was 95 ft tall. I had guessed 80 ft, but when I asked John, he said "right about 100 ft".

Once Defiant was back in the air a little later, I went to the top to go see...and sure enough, 95 ft on the display.

I say "fell through 75 ft" because the fall started at the top, and ended about 20 ft above the ground.

There's a 120 footer off my back deck, which will be in a future flight plan!

TCS

Awesome! Glad it was recovered.

That spin at the end was , the surprise victory dance. Awesome.
I think it should be mandatory that all drone pilots have tree climbing skills with a rope Sign me up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the storm.
You go first!!!
That was un-$%#@*&%- ing believable.

Great save! Thank you for sharing this. I have used my drone to rescue some r/c planes from styrofoam hungry trees but nothing as spectacular as this....

Cool video. Always a treat to watch a professional showcase his craft.

I'm also curious about the cost.
As an add on: I almost always have at least my Mini2 on me and I travel with an old Softball Glove. It sounds funny and I try and stay away from my arbor friends, however, I have actually saved a few other peoples drones when we shook them out of trees and when I was on the boat I caught one that refused to land for a friend. I have a fish net to land fish, but it wasn't handy at the time.

Amazing!

TCS
You should send this video to DJI to use as a commercial

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member