DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enrolled in Pilot Institute

fivesense

Reactions
I decided to "take the plunge" and enrolled in the Pilot Institute. Do I "need" a directed course? Perhaps not. But in the spirit of learning and becoming a better pilot, I made the choice.

It's only been one day so I'm still navigating the course. I'm a couple lessons in but don't yet have the feel for how it works. I'm guessing the videos are largely supplemental to all the downloadable content and the PHAK.

Any tips are welcomed.

You Made a very SMART choice! One of the things that could help you is You Tube. I would say just keep going and you will have it in no time! Pilot Institute Was for me The perfect Choice, and you can be SURE you are getting the Best info. Keep Doing their Course and you will be great pilot, plus you won't have to sweat the test- With them you will go in confident.

I decided to "take the plunge" and enrolled in the Pilot Institute. Do I "need" a directed course? Perhaps not. But in the spirit of learning and becoming a better pilot, I made the choice.

It's only been one day so I'm still navigating the course. I'm a couple lessons in but don't yet have the feel for how it works. I'm guessing the videos are largely supplemental to all the downloadable content and the PHAK.

Any tips are welcomed.
Awesome decision. You won't regret it.

You Made a very SMART choice! One of the things that could help you is You Tube. I would say just keep going and you will have it in no time! Pilot Institute Was for me The perfect Choice, and you can be SURE you are getting the Best info. Keep Doing their Course and you will be great pilot, plus you won't have to sweat the test- With them you will go in confident.
I have also begun the course, a few months back and unfortunately continue to be distracted. I hoped to find someone local to study with which would for that time keep me from becoming distracted. I have all the local sectionals, all the materials recommended, now need focus. Arrgghh

I tried to use YouTube to study for my Part 107, but the Pilot Institute course made it easy. You will learn more than you need to pass the test and your retention of the info will be better.

Reactions: fivesense
Huge fan of Pilot Institute and have even recommended it to a few of my friends. I found the audio "podcasts" to be very useful "refreshers" that I could return to later as I progressed in the courses and wanted to ensure that I was retaining previous knowledge.

Best of luck!!

At this early stage, I have found the info conveyed in the videos to be fairly fast paced. Should I be using the supplemental materials after each lesson or is there a better methodology?

If you get 80% or better on the sample quizzes it’s pretty tough to fail that actual test.

Should I be using the supplemental materials after each lesson or is there a better methodology?

I guess that's completely up to your learning style.

I never used any of the supplemental info. I just watched the video's and did the practice quizzes and tests and ended up with a 96% on the certification test. I also watched a bunch of other related youtube video's too but Pilot Institutes info was way more useful. and I took extra online practice tests as well just to reinforce the lessons learned.

If you need it it, use it. Do whatever you think will help.

So far, I'm finding a groove with the videos and practice tests. I'll take a look at some of the supplementals if needed. I did order the Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement book.