DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash! (OMG my precious mavic turn into mavic kamikaze into moving traffic)

jeremynotlin

Reactions
The steps towards my first crash. horrible 23 of my piloting experience.

1. someone in the car with me really irritates me I was soaked in his negative energy lol

2.Thus I pull over on the side of the road in the national park forest, very little to no car, 2-way traffic. (I need to set something FREE at this point, what better than my precious Mavic)

3.becuase of the rough terrain, for the first time I figure to use my car hood as the lift-off platform

4.I quickly assemble the Mavic on my car's hood; took of the main protected cover....but for the first time ever I forgot to remove the piece that is securing the gimble in place..you know that piece right.

5.I fire up the RC > Mavic > Dji app...( Mod Removed ) tell me it needs another update. (an update was done just the day before) O WELL, I reluctantly stand on the side of the forest road waited for whatever that update is, to do its thing.

6. Finally, the update it's complete, I figure I will restart everything before lift-off, this is where I realize the gimble securing piece wasn't removed this whole time, ( Mod Removed )!!! I have it removed and hating myself for not doing so for the first time. anyways this thing needs to fly now! I meant now.

7. there is a saying, trouble often comes in pairs or triplets. I can hear a car engine closing in about 20 seconds away. I lift-off Mavic from my car hood..it hover up 1/2 meter and immediately starts to fast bearing to the right clearly not where I want it to be, at this point the Mavic has gone kamikaze, I tried to fight it the RC, it's a tough battle, as the MAD MAVIC wanting to head up into the deep forest, I wanting it to come back towards me and land. 18 seconds into the battle, suddenly it shifts its trajectory towards the oncoming traffic.. at 45 degrees angle closing in on windshield level ..miss the car by 1.25 second to impact, slammed onto the small rock terrain back towards my side of the road, with my RC fixed down, its still wanting to kamikaze up away, chipping the rock gravel flying..I ran to it and finally manage to SHUT THIS BS DOWN without getting bladed. there...it survived the forest slam and a smashing into a moving car windshield..by some miner scratched.

if my Mavic was a boy it is now a MEN without a doubt.

Please do share your constructive and rude comment at will

ps. the person I'm with saw the whole thing, later told me that oncoming car driver had her mouth open...omg

INFO UPDATE:

Sorry guy's my apologies my Mavic kamikaze incident actually happened in a provincial park..not a national park.

and because I was battling my lose control Mavic, I end up walked onto the oncoming traffic lane to the left, because that's the direction where it when crazy off to..thus the car can see me from a far..and it stops about 20M from where I was standing..obviously because I'm out on the road..and the drone missed the windshield and turn towards me and crashed. there

Also, I'm here to share, no bs trolling or what not. I just drop the mic~ just do you know.

Fly Safe

Last edited:
Reactions: mav09
Jeremy, you need to do a lot of manual reading my friend, and even then you need to then read lots of important parts again (and again) to enable the brain to soak it all up
It's impossible to read the Mavic instructions once or twice and remember all the important stuff.

Oh and do this to your gimbal clamp.

5c0504ca14732b2f1770cf065305ff0a.jpg

You won't ever forget it's on again :)

Jeremy, you need to do a lot of manual reading my friend, and even then you need to then read lots of important parts again (and again) to enable the brain to soak it all up
It's impossible to read the Mavic instructions once or twice and remember all the important stuff.

Oh and do this to your gimbal clamp.

5c0504ca14732b2f1770cf065305ff0a.jpg

You won't ever forget it's on again :)
Wow dude, such a great idea but the color is kinda girly

Accident waiting to happen...and so it did. I agree with previous comments.

1. Read the Mavic instruction manual, then read it again (and some)!
2. NEVER take off from an object with metal present in or very close to it...including cars, bridges, concrete with Rebar if known to be present. Take off from an open, grassy area free of any obstructions.
3. Try and stay clear of vehicles particularly moving vehicles that you could crash into and distract drivers that could lose control of said vehicle.
4. Not removing gimbal clamp prior to power up is just crazy and you were asking for mechanical failure now or at a future time. I have a piece of felt in the shape of a pointed flag to remind me to remove ALL clamps etc. prior to power up.
5. If prompted to update the firmware prior to flight and 'out in the field', forget that, it delays you. Update over wifi at your convenience. But then, I'm still using 600 and just enjoy flying with a stable firmware. Far too many updates with DJI hacking around with changes.

Fly safe.

You IDIOT!!!!There I said it, you said @ will....right?
You took off from the biggest magnetic interference platform (hood of ur car).

Reactions: DCatalo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803