DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Cobras to Drone...this will be fun!!!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?
Thank you I will be. I know this is a different type of flying altogether and I am late to the game so I'll be taking in as much as possible.

I just got lucky and found this site and I'm very glad I did

Might be a while. I don’t think there are any goggles that work with the Mavic Air 2 yet.
I'm thinking not only is it a cleaner view but very helpful for me. I'm mostly doing real estate type work but also surveys and insurance work so I need to keep my machine flying and reliable. Crashing it and blowing it up, like I did with my Hirobo a few times, is not an option.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum,i take it you are part 107 for commercial work then
I'm working on that as we speak, I called Oklahoma this morning and will be meeting with my local FSDO for certification. They have actually been very nice about all this and it's been quite easy so far

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, gotta have that Part 107. Personally, I wouldn't get hung up on the goggles issue. If you're wearing FPV goggles your are required by law to also have a visual observer (VO) standing next to you any time you fly. Literally. And if you're doing commercial work, you really have an obligation to know and follow the law or it may come back to haunt you. (You'll learn it studying for your Part 107 if you don't already know it) The MA2 is an amazing drone and I'm betting it will suit your needs.
You'll spend lots of time studying the manual, learning to fly it, practicing technique so each "package" you produce as a professional is truly professional grade; and you'll be learning the idiosyncrasies of the DJI Fly app, including the all-important RTH. You'll also need to be practiced at "find my drone" skills - don't wait until you actually need to find your drone.
If you aren't already well versed in photography and videography, not to mention post-production workflow and time management, editing techniques and presentation, you'll be learning lots and lots of info about those tasks... You've got a lot on your plate and I see a lot of fun in your future. FPV goggles shouldn't be a deal breaker, IMHO. Happy flying

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, gotta have that Part 107. Personally, I wouldn't get hung up on the goggles issue. If you're wearing FPV goggles your are required by law to also have a visual observer (VO) standing next to you any time you fly. Literally. And if you're doing commercial work, you really have an obligation to know and follow the law or it may come back to haunt you. (You'll learn it studying for your Part 107 if you don't already know it) The MA2 is an amazing drone and I'm betting it will suit your needs.
You'll spend lots of time studying the manual, learning to fly it, practicing technique so each "package" you produce as a professional is truly professional grade; and you'll be learning the idiosyncrasies of the DJI Fly app, including the all-important RTH. You'll also need to be practiced at "find my drone" skills - don't wait until you actually need to find your drone.
If you aren't already well versed in photography and videography, not to mention post-production workflow and time management, editing techniques and presentation, you'll be learning lots and lots of info about those tasks... You've got a lot on your plate and I see a lot of fun in your future. FPV goggles shouldn't be a deal breaker, IMHO. Happy flying
OUTSTANDING points! Noted and taken. Thank you.

My unit is being shipped, I am waiting for the serial so I can get my tail number and I have plenty of room to practice right here at my place and all around. I'm out in the country so there will be lots of cattle shots and filming initially :)

OUTSTANDING points! Noted and taken. Thank you.

My unit is being shipped, I am waiting for the serial so I can get my tail number and I have plenty of room to practice right here at my place and all around. I'm out in the country so there will be lots of cattle shots and filming initially :)

Once again, I think you're ON TRACK to meet your goals! Good on ya!

Welcome to you from Hauptmann, in the sovereign state of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. But your needs as a pro are different from those of a hobbyist. You need to develop a high degree of piloting skill. Practice, practice, practice until your stick movements become second nature to you, just as steering adjustments are while driving your car (or your Cobra). You need to be able to make subtle corrections without conscious thought--you just make them. You'll be flying close to stationary objects while doing, say, infrastructure surveillance, where a wrong move could cause a crash.

Practice using “Find My Drone’’. Chances are you will crash, and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it. Time is money. A lost drone will cost you both time and money, and also perhaps a client.

Post-production workflow is a whole other skill set you'll need to learn. Besides the tutorials which come with your editing software, there are numerous vids on YouTube which can help.

Sorry about the Fly App. We all hope that DJI will upgrade it without such tiny fonts and icons.

Be sure to read, reread and reread the manual!

Good luck with your new endeavor. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying