DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal shakes violently on start-up

thirdd3

Reactions
I have had my Mavic for about a week now and Im not sure if I missed something in the setup, but when I turn it on the camera gimbal spins around all crazy and shakes quite violently for about 3-5 seconds before it settles down.

Anyone else have this happening??

Start watching this at 3 minutes 12 seconds. Thats normal startup for a Mav.

If yours is "all crazy and shakes quite violently for about 3-5 seconds before it settles down" then there's something wrong with it and needs to be looked at.

I have had my Mavic for about a week now and Im not sure if I missed something in the setup, but when I turn it on the camera gimbal spins around all crazy and shakes quite violently for about 3-5 seconds before it settles down.

Record it and post a video as there were a few Mavics with gimbals that had issues..

Had this happen to mine I was advised to send it in. It should be at Dji in Carson ca by tomorrow for replacement or repair

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It seems like some sort of range of motion test. Mine does almost the same thing and comes back to center. I could be wrong but I don't think this is a problem.

As long as it is a smooth rotation and not a violent one then yes it is normal ..

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

707c4af00ec1da9247afe557ad53bb2f.jpg

Gimbal control board. Mine was covered under warranty. So it's free!

Negative. I was advised by dji to send it back. So it's with them at the moment

Tyler, I think reader's are getting a little mixed up? Yours is messed up and as you have stated has been sent back for repair.
Curso88's gimbal looks relatively normal, it's smooth, but does seem to hang back a bit on the final movement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan