DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got DJI Care Refresh, Is it worth it for you?

PaulArcher

Reactions
Hello,
I got DJI care Refresh a few weeks ago after I got attacked by bees. It was 2 months after I got the drone.

They approved it fast after I sent a video of the drone working.

Before Getting into it, I killed time by getting informed and made a video about this:

I underlined the benefits but also some disadvantages.

Do you have anything else you could add to the list?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hello,
I got DJI care Refresh a few weeks ago after I got attacked by bees. It was 2 months after I got the drone.

They approved it fast after I sent a video of the drone working.

Before Getting into it, I killed time by getting informed and made a video about this:

I underlined the benefits but also some disadvantages.

Do you have anything else you could add to the list?

Thanks in advance, guys!

A few thoughts:

- You had the drone for 2 months without incident & now you decide to spend $100 for Care Refresh. I'd think most drone crashes occur in the first few months so it really doesn't make sense to me for you to buy the insurance now.

- DJI wouldn't sell the insurance if they were losing money so it makes me think that most Care Refresh plans are never used.

- I'd rather take my chances & use the $180 ($100 Care Refresh & $80 replacement) toward the purchase of a new Drone. I can also recover some more of the costs by selling the controller & the wrecked drone.

It's worth it to be able to fly that thing like
It's stolen
A raped ape
It's insured.
It gives Peace of Mind and yes, I am going to the Boston concert in less than a month. No drone zone for me but it would be cool!

Reactions: Mavic Schwa
A couple of mistakes in your video - but it was still fun watching it. You can't replace 'twice free of charge' - you are charged for each refresh, more the 2nd time. But I have Refresh - luckily, never used it but it's nice knowing it's there.

It's really reassuring at the start but as time passes and your ability to fly and master situational awerness grows the relevance of refresh seems to fade.

In my case I typically have two types of flight. The ones in my complete comfort zone in which case I am typically in very little danger of crashing unless really bad luck strikes and then I have my extreme flights over several thousand feet of water. I am always aware that refreshing is not going to save me on those flights because I know if any problems at all occur, she's lost for good.

Rob

I received my drone back in January and have managed to be pretty careful with it. There have been a few close calls like this one time @ Venice Beach, I had to play tug-of-war with the wind trying to pull my drone back to shore after drifting 400 meters across the ocean, with 15% battery life left.

Then this past weekend, I was shooting Marymere Falls in Washington and was trying to land my drone. I looked down at my phone screen and in that split second, my Mavic drifted over to the right and hit a wet patch of moss. I had to scramble onto some sketchy terrain to get it but there was no damage at all.

DJI Refresh will always be on the back of my mind and I'll probably never get it. Hope I don't regret it in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S