DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Respectfully Dawg, I consider it to be a waste because DJI does not cover complete loss (you have to send the carcass in for replacement, which ain't gonna happen if you can't find it), plus pay extra to have it replaced...possibly with a refurb.
State Farm has better coverage, costs less and covers more. Pays replacement value directly to me so that I can go out and order a brand new one.
I have the State Farm $60 policy on my M2P so need to defend it. Many crash their drone and find it and in that case send it to DJI, that's all I am saying.
All good! Just wanted folks to know about other options. For all I know, one may not be able to even get PAP without a homeowners policy. Any policy is better than none!

All good! Just wanted folks to know about other options. For all I know, one may not be able to even get PAP without a homeowners policy. Any policy is better than none!
Agree with that. I didn't know about the State Farm policy when I bought my Air so it is under DJI's policy. Having the more expensive M2P under the State Farm policy makes sense to me, and it is cheaper. Andnow you have me wondering if I can put my Air under the same pollicy as my M2P without additional cost.

Agree with that. I didn't know about the State Farm policy when I bought my Air so it is under DJI's policy. Having the more expensive M2P under the State Farm policy makes sense to me, and it is cheaper. Andnow you have me wondering if I can put my Air under the same pollicy as my M2P without additional cost.
Pretty sure that you can. As I mentioned, the actual cost for my Mavic Pro coverage is $28, but since there is a $60 policy min, I went ahead and insured other items. I imagine that out of the $60 that you already pay, about only half of that is actually for your M2P...the rest is to cover the minimum. You should be able to cover your Air at little or no extra cost!
Good luck!!

Reactions: BearMan54 and JDawg
That sucks man, I think every one of us has mistakenly moved the wrong direction at least once. If I’m flying in a situation where a Wong move could spell disaster I think twice before commiting for that very reason. Good luck with your replacement process.

Reactions: Midisle
Hey guys, I'm new to drones and new to this forum.

Today I had a bad day due to making a bad decision. With only 1 hour and 30 minutes flight time with my brand new Mavic Air, I tried to get an under a bridge shot. Plenty of clearance and water was flowing slowly, no risk of splashing.
Travelled through the bridge perfectly but as I got to the other side I panicked, tried to throttle up and accidentally flicked the stick the wrong way. Throttled down at 100% straight into the river. I heard the splash and instantly throttled up and the drone managed to get up out of the water. There was immediate damage as the gimbal was moving uncontrollably but I could still control the actual drone itself. I was trying to bring the drone into land instantly to get the battery out, but as it was coming into land it started malfunctioning, became uncontrollable, flipped over and flew upside down into the ground doing a fair amount of damage.

Stupid move getting so close to water being so inexperienced I know....

Luckily for me I have DJI Care Refresh. Now my only concern is how long the refresh service is going to take (Europe) and what condition the replacement drone is going to come in. I'm scared its going to be a much older drone than the 1 hour 30 minute drone that I own.
If anyone has any previous experience with DJI Care refresh and the Mavic Air, I would appreciate it if you could share it with me.

Thanks

They may replace with an older drone, but at least it will be dryer.

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Commiserations on your unfortunate flight. While your replacement is going to be most likely a "refurb" in my experienced the vast majority of people are totally happy with their refurbished units.

I do want to strongly congratulate you on just putting up your hand and say "It was my fault, I made a mistake". Well done, there's many far more experienced pilots who could learn from you. So many many people have a crash of a fly away or something else which is obviously due to to pilot error, inexperience or poor preparation and then cry "Oh it just went out of control" or "it just flew away" and once they repeat it enough times they believe it themselves and learn nothing. You on the other hand are going to come out of this with more experience, better judgment and a better pilot than you were before.

Regards
Ari

To the Op, I feel for you.
Bought my Air only a week or two ago.
Had it for 3 days before I had chance to fly it, but was itching to get out.
Took it out into my garden, set it up on a garden table, took off stupidly with it facing towards me, pressed left on the control and it flew right straight into my house at a height of 6'.
Result, 1x snapped propeller, 2x chipped propellers.
Total flight time probably less than 30 seconds.
Could have been a lot worse though.

BTW, I cant see you video, has it been removed?

Try it and see which is more steady.
I have a friend who did a vacation movie on a cliff home at the beach in Mexico. He hand held it from the bed out the glass doors to the balcony then took off over the cliff. I was impressed he flew through the house. Then he told me he walked it. I suppose you need to keep it at the right height. The mobile2 works well.

You are correct though, it will be replaced with a refurb unit, potentially with more hours than the one you have was flown. But, it meets the original specs. If it makes you feel any better I bought the Mavic 2 Pro and it was defective out of the box and replaced by a refurb..

You are correct though, it will be replaced with a refurb unit, potentially with more hours than the one you have was flown. But, it meets the original specs. If it makes you feel any better I bought the Mavic 2 Pro and it was defective out of the box and replaced by a refurb..

That would really piss me off. If I buy something new and it is defective out of the box I should get a new replacement. I look at it this way. If something costs $1000 direct from the manufacturer new and $850 refurb from the manufacturer they are basically taking 150 bucks out of my pocket due to no fault of my own. Replacing a crashed drone is a completely different scenario.

That would really piss me off. If I buy something new and it is defective out of the box I should get a new replacement. I look at it this way. If something costs $1000 direct from the manufacturer new and $850 refurb from the manufacturer they are basically taking 150 bucks out of my pocket due to no fault of my own. Replacing a crashed drone is a completely different scenario.

Yep, agreed 100%. DJI only has a 14 day window from order date and I missed it due to being out of town, was a bummer.

No I accidentally pulled down on the stick unfortunately. All my fault!
At least you have Refresh, so you’ll get a drone back. Better than no drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+