DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you have an Air3 are you going to upgrade to Air3S?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I really am thinking from a camera perspective only but if the front Lidar means anything to you then albeit...

• Main camera
    • 1-inch CMOS, 50 MP, f/1.8 (vs 1/1.3-inch, 48 MP, f/1.7)
    • Slo-motion 4K/120fps (vs 1080p/120fps)
  • Telephoto
    • 70mm, f/2.8, 48 MP
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
1728872588797.png

I won't be upgrading, but this one will most definitely be joining my growing fleet in the near future.

The bang for the buck is already so good on the Air 3. With this, there is even less reason to shell out the extra $$$ for the Mavic 3 Pro (which I have). These new sensors punch above their weight. Will be interesting to see how good the 1" sensor and lens is. The Mavic2 Pro sensor / lens combo was solid.

No. I have too many drones now! 😂

Reactions: msinger
I really am thinking from a camera perspective only but if the front Lidar means anything to you then albeit...

• Main camera
  • Telephoto
    • 70mm, f/2.8, 48 MP
View attachment 178278
Notice the true 12mp count on both cameras in the specs,this is the major bust right there,I would like to know as to why on 12mp
on the main 1' camera and not at least 20mp as the Air 2S has.Lol not good and some reason for it would at least be nice to get.

Reactions: Dustydoug
Notice the true 12mp count on both cameras in the specs,this is the major bust right there,I would like to know as to why on 12mp
on the main 1' camera and not at least 20mp as the Air 2S has.Lol not good and some reason for it would at least be nice to get.
so look at the specs in black effective pixels 12mp on BOTH cameras and not 50 or 48

Reactions: bkushner
I have the Air 3 and love it. But I more than likely will be adding the Air 3s to my fleet.

Wise choice,myself I am going to see what The Mavic 4 pro will have to offer when it released probably next spring or so.
i think low light performance from the sensors size is the main thing I'm hoping helps out... most of my stuff is early morning or later dusk... The Mavic 4 is probably right around the corner next year but I'm still pretty burned on how they did the 3 roll out lol.

i think low light performance from the sensors size is the main thing I'm hoping helps out... most of my stuff is early morning or later dusk... The Mavic 4 is probably right around the corner next year but I'm still pretty burned on how they did the 3 roll out lol.
How true,enjoy your day.

• Main camera
  • Telephoto
    • 70mm, f/2.8, 48 MP
View attachment 178278
I still have an Air 2 and I’m not a photographer. I’ll admit, I’m ignorant about all the specs regarding most if not ALL my DJI drones, and that’s NOT just about the cameras they have.
If your drone is part of your livelihood that’s fine, its what you need. MY gripe is that DJI “ seems” like they’re getting more like Apple. In that you HAVE to buy this next drone BECAUSE it’s got this super duper awesome camera, that’s fine, IF you need that for a better job.
I’m a recreational flyer, and I don’t want to be made to “feel” like I NEED the next thing. Upgrading firmware is no big deal, but I’m not buying a new drone every year and a half.
Just my opinion.

Reactions: Sunny Coast Mini 2
I’m a recreational flyer, and I don’t want to be made to “feel” like I NEED the next thing. Upgrading firmware is no big deal, but I’m not buying a new drone every year and a half.
Just my opinion.
And there is nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with the drone you have, good. But as you said, those of us who are professional drone pilots and photographers have to stay updated to remain competitive. Our clients expect the best; sometimes upgrading equipment is necessary to deliver the best. My Air 3 does a great job but the 1" censor and variable aperture with the Air 3s is a game changer.

Reactions: Sunny Coast Mini 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameslee17