DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you have an Air3 are you going to upgrade to Air3S?

MY gripe is that DJI “ seems” like they’re getting more like Apple. In that you HAVE to buy this next drone BECAUSE it’s got this super duper awesome camera, that’s fine, IF you need that for a better job.

You're griping that DJI wants to stay in business. It seems you're criticizing DJI for constantly improving their tech, and creating new products. I find this puzzling.

I think it laudable. When I compare my Air 3 to my original Mavic Air, I am in no way resentful they continue to evolve the platform. Which drone do you think gets flown, capturing imagery?

If DJI engaged in "existing customers gotta upgrade!" sort of marketing, I'd find that sleazy. I don't see that. What I see is a company constantly improving their products, an in a compelling enough way many existing customers upgrade because the new capabilities have real value.

I have 2 cameras on my Air 3. My Mavic Air had 1. That's a real value to me, I didn't get the Air 3 because I was hyped into it.

Reactions: YVRGUY
And there is nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with the drone you have, good. But as you said, those of us who are professional drone pilots and photographers have to stay updated to remain competitive. Our clients expect the best; sometimes upgrading equipment is necessary to deliver the best. My Air 3 does a great job but the 1" censor and variable aperture with the Air 3s is a game changer.

The 3S will have a variable aperture? First I've heard this, but it's a welcome development!

The 3S will have a variable aperture? First I've heard this, but it's a welcome development!
From what I've read, yes it is supposed to have a variable aperture. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. And if so, I will be ordering one.

Kind of disappointing that the tele camera is still on the smaller sensor.

Some of the rumors indicated that both cameras would be 1-inch sensors.

Doesn't sound like variable aperture from that. DJI usually state the range such as f/1.8-f/11.

Reactions: msinger
So if it doesn’t have variable aperture you have to use an ND filter most or all of the time?

Is that what Air 3 pilots have been doing?

Mavic 4 will have variable aperture but it will be over 900 grams so will face more restrictions on where it can fly or in which situations.

Doesn't sound like variable aperture from that
Nope.

And again, these leaked stats won't officially be confirmed until tomorrow. But, we shouldn't expect DJI to cannibalize the Mavic line with the lighter weight Mavic Air models.

Reactions: Dustydoug
And there is nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with the drone you have, good. But as you said, those of us who are professional drone pilots and photographers have to stay updated to remain competitive. Our clients expect the best; sometimes upgrading equipment is necessary to deliver the best. My Air 3 does a great job but the 1" censor and variable aperture with the Air 3s is a game changer.
There is no variable aperture with the Air 3S

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameslee17