DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you have an Air3 are you going to upgrade to Air3S?

It turns out that the Air 3s does not have a variable aperture, (very disappointing) so I'll not be getting it. I'm sorry to have said it was supposed to as I had been misinformed. I'll wait to see what the Mavic 4 has to offer and the price. I may pick up a Mavic 3 Pro as the prices come down.

• Lens​

• Wide-Angle Camera
    FOV: 82°
    Format Equivalent: 24 mm
    Aperture: f/1.7
    Focus: 1 m to ∞

Medium Tele Camera
    FOV: 35°
    Format Equivalent: 70 mm
    Aperture: f/2.8
    Focus: 3 m to ∞

Reactions: sarahb
So "both cameras will have the same aperture f1.8" means adjustable aperture? :D
I got this from DJI Website
  • Lens​

• Wide-Angle Camera
    FOV: 82°
    Format Equivalent: 24 mm
    Aperture: f/1.7
    Focus: 1 m to ∞

Medium Tele Camera
    FOV: 35°
    Format Equivalent: 70 mm
    Aperture: f/2.8
    Focus: 3 m to ∞

Reactions: sarahb
And there is nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with the drone you have, good. But as you said, those of us who are professional drone pilots and photographers have to stay updated to remain competitive. Our clients expect the best; sometimes upgrading equipment is necessary to deliver the best. My Air 3 does a great job but the 1" censor and variable aperture with the Air 3s is a game changer.
Totally agree, and I believe I said that in my post. I’m just saying that maybe recreational flyers would like better connectivity, or battery life or other features besides a golly gee, oh wow, super awesome camera. It’s the comparison I make with Apple iPhones. I’m not looking to make a Hollywood movie on my phone, but that’s what Apple “thinks” everybody wants.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
And there is nothing wrong with that. If you're happy with the drone you have, good. But as you said, those of us who are professional drone pilots and photographers have to stay updated to remain competitive. Our clients expect the best; sometimes upgrading equipment is necessary to deliver the best. My Air 3 does a great job but the 1" censor and variable aperture with the Air 3s is a game changer.
read the specs -- no variable aperture

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz