DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexpensive Landing Pad

The Fishing weight concept is cool tho it pull the landing pads to ground and will not easily be disarrange.Thumbswayup
They are on binder clips, so you remove them when you're packing it up or changing it's location (potentially). Is that what you mean by "Disarrange"?

I just picked up a 4 pack of 3/4 stinkers. Got some mini paper clippers and hooked em up. I'll try it out a little later and see how she goes but feels heavier already. I'll keep the stakes in the bag for Sandy areas.

They are on binder clips, so you remove them when you're packing it up or changing it's location (potentially). Is that what you mean by "Disarrange"?

I mean it cannot be easily flown away by the air:)

PGYTECH makes this landing pad out of similar materials. They are 30", come in bright orange/blue (flip over to change the color), and have stakes to pin the landing pad to the ground if needed. At $14, it's another inexpensive landing pad option to consider.

This is the one I have. Just don't leave it outside - it will fade and tear after being in the elements. Thanks for the reminder to order a new one!

ps. the weights are a good idea. I keep 4 round bike lights clipped to the edges of mine to keep it in place on pavement or anywhere I don't stake it down. They also make it nice for night ops!

Reactions: mad monkey
I recycle. The flattened out card board Amazon box the Mavic came in works fine :D

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
This is the one I have. Just don't leave it outside - it will fade and tear after being in the elements. Thanks for the reminder to order a new one!

ps. the weights are a good idea. I keep 4 round bike lights clipped to the edges of mine to keep it in place on pavement or anywhere I don't stake it down. They also make it nice for night ops!

This concept looks nice too actually especially for night fly you can easily see your landing pads because of its light.

PGYTECH makes this landing pad out of similar materials. They are 30", come in bright orange/blue (flip over to change the color), and have stakes to pin the landing pad to the ground if needed. At $14, it's another inexpensive landing pad option to consider.

View attachment 42505
I use this and it’s great! Very professional looking and easy to handle

Reactions: W2EJ
Shooting range targets and clear drawer laminate - folds thin and light and if u want print info on backside FAA# and all and rules if needed

Another good option that I don't see mentioned often is Freewell's foldable landing pad. It should fare better in the wind too.
LandingPad.jpg

Last edited:
I took mine out tossed on grass and then hovered all around the edges, didn't lift at all. I did 4 weights because that's how many came in a pack.. Very happy with my pad upgrade

Folks...being a photographer, I have a lot of extra equipment laying around. It happens I had an old beaten up reflector (foldable). So I converted it to be a launching pad by using four binder clips with four fishing weights attached. I put a uni-directional pattern on the surface using black gorilla tape and, voila, my Mavic finds it perfectly.

I noticed that B&H has a flash sale (today - Sunday, 7/22 - only) on 32" reflectors (Link) for $20 which would work just fine. So for something like $25, you can have a great little portable landing pad with a bag.

Here are some photos of mine and the detail on the binder clip.
View attachment 42503 View attachment 42504

- Gary
Very cool idea. I wonder if I could find a set of those fold-up windshield heat deflectors and do the same thing as I often am taking off and landing on beaches. Thanks for the mental stimulation. I too am a photographer but I do underwater stuff so we don't have reflectors.

I have a Daiso near me, (Japanese dollar store). They have car window shades that work work well, 14.5" x 18". Other dollar tree and 99 cents only stores also have them... just find the size that works for your aircraft. Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet.

Folks...being a photographer, I have a lot of extra equipment laying around. It happens I had an old beaten up reflector (foldable). So I converted it to be a launching pad by using four binder clips with four fishing weights attached. I put a uni-directional pattern on the surface using black gorilla tape and, voila, my Mavic finds it perfectly.

I noticed that B&H has a flash sale (today - Sunday, 7/22 - only) on 32" reflectors (Link) for $20 which would work just fine. So for something like $25, you can have a great little portable landing pad with a bag.

Here are some photos of mine and the detail on the binder clip.
View attachment 42503 View attachment 42504

- Gary
Very nice! You inspired me I am going to make one this weekend

This is my favourite landing pad on my Mavic Air nowadays.

hands-png-hands-png-hand-image-png-image-2390.png

Its free, and mostly extremely portable. I can even put it in my pocket

I just say.. here birdy...

Come to daddy.

I like to be practical.

Take off and land.

The less mess the better

Last edited:
Reactions: gjmphoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads