DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mount

Here are some tablet mounts that are commonly recommended by members of this site:

Last edited:
I have tried different mounts for my Ipad mini4, but find the best for me is the original,nice tight fit, well balanced and you can see the controller display.
You can manage OK without the controller display, but I like to have all the info I can get.
I do miss a lanyard mount though. The one that fits between the ipad and the controller means the lanyard obscures the ipad, useless.

I know this has been asked many time but what mounts are worth the money. There are so many out there. Thank.
I have been using the MAV Mount now since last March and I use it with an iPad Air 2 and it is incredibly Rock Solid and very flexible and it has the lanyard making this one great piece of accessory for your setup.

The MavMount is easily the nicest on the market, but the Skytreat Tablet holder is easily the best value. I use it daily and have zero issues and it takes up very little room in my case.

The MavMount is easily the nicest on the market, but the Skytreat Tablet holder is easily the best value. I use it daily and have zero issues and it takes up very little room in my case.
I also have that one but however it does not feel as 30 especially if using an iPad Air 2! I can totally feel and a drastic situation that this could come apart because that little ball thing does giveaway on occasion.

I also have that one but however it does not feel as 30 especially if using an iPad Air 2! I can totally feel and a drastic situation that this could come apart because that little ball thing does giveaway on occasion.
Plastic versus aluminum? Plus the mavmount has options. Originally bought the basic setup but with the iPad Air 2 I realized it was not sturdy enough compared to the other mounts that they had. I got the heavy duty one that allowed protective covers on the iPad and that one is so freaking stable it's awesome!
I totally recommend this! It seems like this is the tool that was meant to be!

I do miss a lanyard mount though. The one that fits between the ipad and the controller means the lanyard obscures the ipad, useless.

The Lifthor is good in that you can see both screens, the controller and for me that is the mini 4.

I got mine before they had the lanyard (with nylon cord extension), it has the lanyard fixing eyelet, so I just picked up a general lanyard, and used a short fishing trace with swivels removed to virtually disappear in front of the controller screen.

thor_holder_lanyard_01lr.jpg

thor_holder_lanyard_02lr.jpg

Reactions: BeefStew
I just ordered one from amazon I will tell you what I think when it gets here Tuesday weather permitting

I use mine with a large 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” and it’s perfectly balanced and doesn’t give way at all. I wouldn’t put a sunshade on it, as this would certainly cause an imbalance and I doubt the plastic ball-mount wouldn’t be able to hold the weight offset. But without a sunshade, the Skytreat Mavic/Spark tablet mount is perfectly stable for me.

Reactions: saboken
I use mine with a large 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” and it’s perfectly balanced and doesn’t give way at all. I wouldn’t put a sunshade on it, as this would certainly cause an imbalance and I doubt the plastic ball-mount wouldn’t be able to hold the weight offset. But without a sunshade, the Skytreat Mavic/Spark tablet mount is perfectly stable for me.

Waiting on mine but have to also wait to get my RC back the right antenna was broken out of the box and I don’t want to activate the second Mavic just yet

The Lifthor is good in that you can see both screens, the controller and for me that is the mini 4.

I got mine before they had the lanyard (with nylon cord extension), it has the lanyard fixing eyelet, so I just picked up a general lanyard, and used a short fishing trace with swivels removed to virtually disappear in front of the controller screen.

View attachment 27564

View attachment 27565

That look similar to the one I ordered it’s not the same one just close

I’ve been using the Mavmount gen 2 with the iPad Pro 10.5, It’s a great setup, the iPad Pro has heaps of processing power to handle the app and the screen has fantastic brightness outdoors, no real need for a sun shade. While the mavmount is a little pricey the quality is outstanding, yes it blocks the controller screen but all the info is on the app anyway and its very well balanced in the hand. Overall super happy with the combo.

I have the Mavmount Gen 2 with the iPad 9.7 and mini 4. I can't seem to get the iPad holder on tight and wants to move side to side. Anyone have suggestions? I also find them top heavy and have gone back to placing mini 4 in the RC arms.

I have the Mavmount Gen 2 with the iPad 9.7 and mini 4. I can't seem to get the iPad holder on tight and wants to move side to side. Anyone have suggestions? I also find them top heavy and have gone back to placing mini 4 in the RC arms.
You should contact aerial west. He’ll fix you up.

I'm wondering if with an iPad, the remote will not be too heavy?
I'm currrently using my iPhone 7 but a bigger screen could be better.
Too heavy for what? You should be able to handle an iPad and the remote in your two hands, right?

The question will be balance. Be sure that the mount you get will properly balance the weight of the iPad in the controller mount.

Too heavy for what? You should be able to handle an iPad and the remote in your two hands, right?

The question will be balance. Be sure that the mount you get will properly balance the weight of the iPad in the controller mount.

Mine includes a strap but I think it can be balanced with some adjustments

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky