DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone6+ = Choppy/Laggy Video

thebigfish22

Reactions
I have had my Mavic for about 2mo now and I have noticed that I often get little choppy glitches in my videos. I am using an iPhone6+ and I upgraded the memory card to a 64GB Samsung EVO Pro U3 thinking that would fix it. When that didn't work, I tried downgrading the quality to 2.4K but I am still getting the occasional lag in both transmission and playback. Could it just be that my iPhone can't handle the data because it's 2yrs old? What else can I do to fix this? Thanks for all your input...

Your phone would have no impact on the quality of photos on the memory card in the Mavic. I use a Sandisk Extreme Pro with good results and no image anomalies, and I heard the Sandisk Extreme Plus may work as well.

Thebigfish, an iPhone 6+ is at this point 3 years old. It was a transitional device - it was the first big iphone and new resolution, it renders everything at 3x and down scales, when it had the same horsepower as a regular iPhone 6, which was always slightly smoother. It was a bit of an akward device like the iPad3, which sacrificed size/weight/heat and performance to be a Retina display sooner.

See if flying in airplane mode helps at all.

Just to be clear are you playing back video imported from an ad card and experiencing lag? Or just while streaming live/stored video from the mavic?

Just to be clear are you playing back video imported from an ad card and experiencing lag? Or just while streaming live/stored video from the mavic?

While recording, the live stream seems to glitch every so often and the same glitch appears when I watch transfer the file via the DJI app. Is there a better way to transfer the file to my phone that eliminates the glitches? I was under the impression that what technical errors you see when recording are what is actually being recorded. Am I mistaken?

I've noticed the same issue. Anyone found a fix. Flying in airplane mode made no difference.

I have iPhone 6S plus with absolutely no problems with the Mavic. I'm now using an iPad Mini 2 because of screen size with no issues. I would try getting new cable from iPhone to radio. Mine started giving me fits. I switched to a cable that goes into the radio USB slot. Fixed my cable issues!

Just so I understand, I'm often thick-headed, is the video "jumpy" after downloaded to your computer? I'm a newbie. My first flights were somewhat similar to what you describe. In 4k recording mode the downloaded video was jumpy after I downloaded to 2 of my Mac computers- both about 5 years old. I even got an error code when trying to load to my Mac laptop. I also have a new Macbook Pro. All of those same video files load and play perfectly! I don't understand it.

I have iPhone 6S plus with absolutely no problems with the Mavic. I'm now using an iPad Mini 2 because of screen size with no issues. I would try getting new cable from iPhone to radio. Mine started giving me fits. I switched to a cable that goes into the radio USB slot. Fixed my cable issues!

He's saying just with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Reactions: Acoustic Bliss
D'oh! I've already done that too. I'll transfer the footage from the SD card to my Mac and check that it's ok.

I had the same problem with choppy stuttering video while flying using an iPad Mini 4. I would also get the CPU overloaded message. There was no effect on the video on the SD card. It plays fine. What I do now is restart my iPad and close all running apps and then load the GO4 app. Everything works fine after that for however long I fly. Never had the problem until recently. Pretty sure it's the app.

Turn off hardvere decoding in mavic menu, or get 6s+

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3