DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it okay to post this on YouTube / Instagram?

Yaros

Reactions
I recently was filming a church and a theater in my area, but before posting it I wanted to ask if it is okay, because there are some other things visible as houses and hotels around. I can legally fly over them (if I'm above 40 meters) at least here in Spain as far as I know, but one thing is flying another thing is posting it on the internet.

Here are some screenshots from my video to help you understand what I mean:

Church.jpg Theater.jpg

Hotel.jpg

Hi Fellow flier before you post anything you need to check what the rules for flying your drone are where you live ,sorry but saying you think its ok ,is not the same as knowing its ok
sorry if this sounds rude its not meant to

Your screenshots just show a few buildings seen from above.
What's your concern?
Won't people be like: "You can't film my house and post it publicly" and so on?
I already had a confrontation with a person that didn't like me just flying above her house on like 200 feet, so I don't know if others will like me posting their houses and other buildings from above, not sure if it is legal, but it's ok I guess.

I already had a confrontation with a person that didn't like me just flying above her house on like 200 feet, so I don't know if others will like me posting their houses and other buildings from above, not sure if it is legal, but it's ok I guess.
If it's out in public where everyone can see it, there's nothing wrong with posting those images.
Whether the image was taken from a drone or on the ground with a phone or camera makes no difference.

If someone has an objection to you flying close to their house, that's a different issue.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Do you want "the world" to be able to view the video or just selected folks?

I post videos for friends and family on youtube as "unlisted". That way only folks I give the direct link to can find it. It pretty much takes the privacy issue off the table.

Look at the same area on Google Earth and see what details you can view from their photos. If your video shows about the same then your good to go.

You have to find out what the law says for Mallorca. In the U.S. I wouldn't worry at all about posting something like that. Well, maybe if it was shot in Texas because they have a very controlling legislature.

I agree with those that suggest checking rules and regulations where you live.

Reactions: old man mavic
It depends on laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

I highly recommend a drone training/ licensing course as they do cover these topics. For me, it greatly increased my knowledge and confidence to enjoy flying knowing I’m in full compliance with the laws and regulations when flying.

They aren’t always simple and you may need to be licensed drone pilot to take these types of shots if posting online in your jurisdiction, regardless of the drone used. USA is different than Canada in that regard, if posting online.

Keep in mind that populated areas are higher risk flights with risk being defined as the potential for damage to the drone/public, non-participant escalations, privacy concerns, etc. so they take more planning.

You can legally fly a drone above most private owned land in Canada but pilots need to comply with horizontal distance regulations from people not involved in the flight (30 m) as a pilot without special licensing & permissions.

Lastly, to your question, in Canada, our privacy laws need to be complied with in taking photos/videos. I see nothing wrong with posting these shots from that perspective as they don’t identify individuals faces, licence plates, etc.

Do you want "the world" to be able to view the video or just selected folks?

I post videos for friends and family on youtube as "unlisted". That way only folks I give the direct link to can find it. It pretty much takes the privacy issue off the table.
I have alot of drone videos and pictures that I would like to share but always had concerns. I have never posted to YouTube but would like to. How does unlisted work. I would still need to make my on YouTube channel, to get started.
Thanks

I have alot of drone videos and pictures that I would like to share but always had concerns. I have never posted to YouTube but would like to. How does unlisted work. I would still need to make my on YouTube channel, to get started.
Thanks

You can set your video as Public - so anyone on youtube can search and watch it; Unlisted - Only accessible by link; or Private - Only viewable by you or shared by email address / gmail account. You set the visibility during publishing.

Reactions: Emanáku
Thanks
Under your channel content you will see a column for "Visibility" (first screenshot). Once you upload your video you can select or change access by clicking on the current visibility setting to get the menu (second screenshot). Clicking on three dots (to the left of the visibility setting) brings up a menu which includes "Get shareable link". Selecting this will copy the unique URL to your clipboard. That is the link you share with others.

I am not a big user of YouTube. Only use it to share videos with friends and family. There are likely many more features and functionality available but this is sufficient for my needs.

SCREENSHOT #1
1633735041739.png

SCREENSHOT #2
1633734632949.png

Attachments

• 1633734520065.png
    1633734520065.png
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • 1633734578718.png
    1633734578718.png
    144.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Yaros
You can set your video as Public - so anyone on youtube can search and watch it; Unlisted - Only accessible by link; or Private - Only viewable by you or shared by email address / gmail account. You set the visibility during publishing.
Thanks for the information, that information will help as I move forward.

How did the neighbor know you where flying above their house at 200 feet? Cannot hear it. Where they just waiting and watching to see your drone? Wow.

How did the neighbor know you where flying above their house at 200 feet? Cannot hear it. Where they just waiting and watching to see your drone? Wow.
I don't know what you're flying, but i can easily hear my MA2 if it's 200 feet above me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27