DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it possible to set favorite RTH Coordinates ?

swb_mct

Reactions
I am a new drone owner living in the trees. There is only one place on our property that has a clear vertical path to sky large enough for an RTH landing. This location isn't a convenient take-off point for every flight. Is their a way to set a "favorite" RTH that can be used when starting a flight at this property ?

I know I can always drive to another location to fly, or always use the inconvenient blue-sky location on our property for every take-off . . . but asking just in case. I know its not the safest flying at this address but its fun and I know the risks including an unexpected RTH rocketing up into the trees.

I would personally choose to launch and land from a secure location free of hazards. I realize that it’s probably just my opinion but I tend to play it safe as the drone is a pretty expensive toy.

Just my two cents…

Reactions: darren6270
Is their a way to set a "favorite" RTH that can be used when starting a flight at this property?
No. You'll either need to take off from that location or fly over that location and manually reset the home point mid-flight.

No. You'll either need to take off from that location or fly over that location and manually reset the home point mid-flight

Manually setting the home point works for me . . thank you.

Another option would be to fly with Litchi instead of DJI GO. It includes a feature that allows the home point to be moved by tapping and dragging it on the map in Litchi.

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirilin