DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kilcunda coast, Victoria Australia

Edmo

Reactions
Hi all!!

My first video after getting my Mavic Pro a couple of weeks back and learning how to use it. Thought all you northerners with the snow would appreciate a nice 28C day footage :)

Recorded in 4K 30fps and edited in Cyberlink PowerDirector 16, I am very new to the editing game so apologies if not perfect.

I'm still getting used to being smooth on the flight stick, but getting there. Only fright was when I dropped the drone below a bluff and lost signal - luckily I retrieved it when it popped up again. Phew!!

All comments welcome so I can improve my craft...

Reactions: Mavicsson
Wow nice ! Almost exact opposite of my video :) I am by no means the expert.. but you should edit it a bit. Find the best moments and make a sequence. If you prefer to make one long shoot without editing, you can go into the controller settings and adjust the sensitivity, so your turns become even smoother :D Hope it helps, great clip, I look forward to see new footage from you :)

what mode did u use? regular? cinematic?
I used an ND4 filter (too low!) and everything else in default mode. I know, I know - I just spent hours watching you tube videos on settings to use and understand a lot more now. My next one should be better:)

Have to work on smoothness, composition and better editing too.

But its a lot of fun trying!

I thought it was great. The nd filter seems to have helped with the blurry effect of filming on water with sunlight hitting it. Especially if you are facing the sunlight regardless of whether the sun is in the frame or not. This problem is not there when facing opposite the sun. Did u you use polar pro ND4? I did not notice that while the ND4 polarizing filter gets rid of the blurry effect over water it seems to also take away from the crispness of the 4k video when compared to default no filter.

I thought it was great. The nd filter seems to have helped with the blurry effect of filming on water with sunlight hitting it. Especially if you are facing the sunlight regardless of whether the sun is in the frame or not. This problem is not there when facing opposite the sun. Did u you use polar pro ND4? I did not notice that while the ND4 polarizing filter gets rid of the blurry effect over water it seems to also take away from the crispness of the 4k video when compared to default no filter.

Yes, it was a Polar Pro ND4. I didn't try it without a filter since it was too sunny. I was actually thinking i should have perhaps used a heavier one... I will look again at the vid to check the bluriness - I honestly had not noticed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest