DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low noise props - more flexible than original pro props?

EarlyBird

Reactions
I've just had a set of low noise props arrive from a non dji supplier, they seem to check out OK (test hover tomorrow) the prop pins and attachment look look OK and fit well.... But they are more flexible from the middle and especially at the tips than the pro original props. Can anyone with the dji low noise props comment?. I've used non oem props on my phantom 3 pro and never had a problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-20-20-47-27.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-20-20-47-27.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
Been discussed many times before. Please use the search function

I did search but couldn't find anything..... I'll look harder..... Thanks for the help

I'll repeat the question I asked and clarify that I'm not asking about, reviews, noise comparisons, rpm speeds. I agree it's been done to death

Are the dji OEM low noise props more FLEXIBLE than the original pro props.

Answer is in the thread above.
Plus if you search for "props flexible" you'll find more.
Long in short: yes, they are

Are the dji OEM low noise props more FLEXIBLE than the original pro props.
Yes. And they are noticeably a little bit thinner on the edges of the blades.

Thanks better search using props not propellers, and found a comment that concerned me

"I bought a set of low noise props from ebay. First flight however the drone started making a grinding noise.
Landed straight away, the props were too flexible and under load were bending, hitting the front and rear body of the Mavic.
Raised a case with ebay and have just had my cash refunded, props have gone in the bin and I've bought some from a genuine DJI dealer now.,,,"

I'll try a test flight tomorrow but think I may have the same problem as this pilot :cool:

I'll try a test flight tomorrow but think I may have the same problem as this pilot :cool:
You should be fine if you're using OEM DJI props.

Thanks better search using props not propellers, and found a comment that concerned me

"I bought a set of low noise props from ebay. First flight however the drone started making a grinding noise.
Landed straight away, the props were too flexible and under load were bending, hitting the front and rear body of the Mavic.
Raised a case with ebay and have just had my cash refunded, props have gone in the bin and I've bought some from a genuine DJI dealer now.,,,"

Under load I'd expect the props to bend up, not down. That sounds more like a problem with badly made counterfeit props which, given that he stated he bought them on eBay, is not unlikely.

An easy answer would have been "Yes, they are more flexible!!"

Yes, it would have. However, if you're like most of us that frequent forums, our fuses are a little short. It does get extremely annoying to have someone drop in out of the blue and ask a question that often has multiple threads - sometimes even on page one. While this specific question wasn't that bad, it does get tiring when people show little or no effort to do a search and just clutter up the forum with duplicate topics and assume we're all here just to make their lives easy. Again, I know this one wasn't that bad.

Yes, I realize that we want to encourage people in order to grow our hobby and community, but it's not that hard to look through the first couple of pages or ask 'can someone help me refine my search or point me to...'? At least it shows SOME effort.

Please..no flaming responses to this one - because you know most of you are thinking the same thing. ;)

LP

Last edited:
Reactions: Egika
I don't think they are, the moulding finish just not quite as good as as the original OEM's pro props and the marking rings

I don't think they are, the moulding finish just not quite as good as as the original OEM's pro props and the marking rings

Agreed. They feel like cheap junk compared to the original props - but they are definitely less sonically annoying.
LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78